Having a rough day! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having a rough day! Having a rough day!

Unread 02-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Re: Having a rough day!

Wow. That was me today. I totally had a meltdown. My surgery is scheduled for March 17th (wish it was sooner). I keep telling myself there is an end but it really doesn't seem to help when those monthly meltdowns hit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM

So sorry you are having a rough day. I am sending positive thoughts your way!
Please know that there are always ladies here that you can "vent" to and we will be able to relate.
I hope you will be feeling better tomorrow, and take some time to try to relax before your big day.
Unread 02-10-2010, 08:11 PM

I understand! I have not had a hyster yet but I had Bilateral ovarian cysts removed an appendectomy and adhesions removed 4 weeks ago and the recovery is very similar. The hardest thing is not being able to pick up my little guy !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2010, 04:34 AM

Kat,

that reminds me of the recovery room at the hospital...
i was awake..in pain...and groggy..and i asked "did everyone else here have a hysterectomy too?" (LOL) and the nurse said "no they had MAJOR surgery"

lol

if i had been well enough..i might have smacked her..........!

hugs,
jamesgirl
Unread 02-11-2010, 06:05 AM

Oh man I soooo would have slugged that nurse!
Unread 02-11-2010, 06:13 AM

That makes me go ARG !!! ( RE the major surgery post )

I talked with my surgeons nurse yesterday and she said the nurses at the women's center I will be in are awesome... I even emailed the hosp yesterday with a couple questions and they got back to me immediately...

I do hope you have a better day... And wish I had a good come back for all those comments you get... But I think if you just spoke your mind to them, tell them how YOU feel... maybe they'd be more understanding... It is not good to keep things bottled up and maybe if you started telling them how that makes you feel, they'd see your pain and fear...
But it is like someone already said, they don't know til they have gone thru it. It's like any life changing experience we as humans go thru... until someone has gone thru it they don't have a clue...no matter how many times we say we understand, or we give advice, until WE HAVE BEEN THERE, we don't know....
Hugs to you sweetie.. I do hope today is a better day for you....
Unread 02-11-2010, 07:15 AM

This site is wonderful. I woke up in a cruddy mood (didn't help that our 4 year old was VERY mad at me for forgetting to buy more yogurt at the store) and swollen so bad that I am in a skirt today for the simple fact that I couldn't get a single pair of pants on. BUT then i got an email from the site and jumped on to read all of the responses....I am in love with this site =) Thank you all for posting back and helping me remember I am not the only on out there dealing with the cards mother nature delt my way. I am determined to have a better day today, no matter what it takes!
Unread 02-11-2010, 10:47 AM

This site has brought me such relief and peace knowing how many other women are suffering just as much as me. I am happy for you that you are finding some peace from this site as well. Best of luck to you. Keep in touch as you move to the Post-op postings!
Unread 02-11-2010, 09:38 PM

I can honestly tell you I feel your pain. On top of being a nervous wreck I only have people coming to help me for 1 wk. I have a 1 yr old who nurses and wont wean..even though he is biting the crap out of me, he still wont wean. So I figure I will put my matress in the living room floor. Have all the toys around and diapers and such, and just do everything from his level so I dont have to pick him up. I also have a wild 3 yr old so this is going to be a challenge. My 2 older kids run a lot and have school and so on so...I am juggling..but i can do it..and you can too...We are women, we work smart..not hard!
Unread 02-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Rosie, I too have the same problem. I have no family living in the USA, and we just recently moved to his area so I don't really have friends I can ask for help here yet. I have 3 very active boys ages 4, 5 and 11 (my 4 year old is like my own little leach). My husband can't really take much time off work, not to mention he has no clue how things are done around here...lol! I'm a little stressed out at that. But my mom alwas said "if God closes a door, he always opens a window". He would never give me something I can't handle. Women are super resourceful, and we can always conquer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register