The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks! (2010) - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks! (2010) The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks! (2010)

Unread 04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Re: "The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks!"

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/bookletorder.php... hopefully this will get those of you interested to the free booklet; otherwise, go to the home page and the link is on the far right bottom. It's called "What 100,000 women know about hysterectomy" the tummy exercises are at the back of the booklet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2010, 06:07 PM

ok so now dad has me taking him to get his ears cleaned one day and the next day for a hearing aid test.. i'm thinking i might need to wear my pajamas cause he's thinking he got his errand person back.. Terese was wonderful.. she said "mom, you look fine, so you're gonna need to tell me when you need to rest" to which I responded "Unfortunately at this point, I don't know it either until it's too late !!" I was major wiped out today.. way too much drama yesterday with Sus. All is quiet today and i'm so NOT calling her.. lol
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:11 PM

Wow, you ladies have written a lot today! I don't think I can even respond to everything so please forgive me if I leave anything out or repeat myself (I've been known to do both)! I so wanted to take a nap when I came home from work tonight. I haven't been this tired in quite some time and I'm 12 weeks out today. I do have fibro and I think it's rareing it's ugly head. In pain and now I can definitely tell the difference between the fibro pain and surgery pain since it's been so kind to come back and remind me that it's still there. Since I haven't felt this pain for so long, I was somehow hoping that it went away with the surgery. Ha ha ha! I am going to start a club forum for those of us with fibro (need to come up with a name first) and pain issues as well as CFS (which fortunately I don't have, but my mom does so I know what it's like).

Sprite - Glad you found us and please come her to share anything you want. That's what we're here for. We can all take care of each other, because on here we can have a pity party or a happy party and we all understand it.

Bets - I ordered the booklet before surgery and never got it. I tried to order it again and still didn't get it. I think it's because we had to change our address so it's probably in the post office's "dead mail" somewhere. They didn't forward it to me . Glad Sus is back and you can worry a little less. I know it's not easy.

Meg - I hope things went well this afternoon.

I know I'm forgetting stuff, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's tired of being tired and wanting to feel better. My doctor told me it takes a good 6 months to heal, so I'm thinking I'm half way there. YEAH! As discouraging as it is, when we look back on where we were at surgery and where we are now, isn't it really amazing?

The one thing I noticed is that the discharge some of you are still battling has finally gone away no matter how much I do. I've noticed it's not there any more in the last week or so. Funny how I just realized it hasn't been around since some of you mentioned it, so it will go away if that helps.

I have read everything everyone's written, but since we're already up to 5 pages of posts, I don't want to lose everything I've typed by going back to previous pages. Please know I'm thinking of each of you and hoping tomorrow is a better day.

I still think I need a t-shirt (a thread a posted a few weeks ago that got moved to Fun and Games or something like that) so people know I'm still healing and I think some others need them too from reading the posts.

I hope everyone has a good night and a great day tomorrow. I won't get on here while I'm at work, so that's why I'm trying to catch up tonight. I'm going for a massage after work tomorrow night so hopefully that will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2010, 08:39 PM

Joining - please do put me on your list of fibro/chronic fatigue people. I do think those of us with fibro have a lil extra something.. big surprise. And thank you SO much for letting us know that discharge might just go away "some day" yipppppeeeee !!! ((i'm pretty easily excited these days.. lol))
Unread 04-07-2010, 09:23 AM

Hello lovely ladies,

I hope you've all had a great start to a new day!
I've got a busy day ahead and am trying to start it out with a great big smile on my face that will hopfully carry me until the end of it.

My afternoon yesterday was hugely emotionally draining. Over 2 hours with a child psychiatrist discussing the many needs of my children was, in a word, overwhelming. We all came home exhausted. No one did homework. No one went to Kung Fu. We just crashed and the kids went to bed early. I ended up with a killer migraine (happens when I'm stressed and cry....and with serious weather changes which is happening here right now) and felt like my head might explode. I took way too many pain meds and just crashed. Sadly I couldn't sleep (too much thinking) and only got about 3 hours. Sigh.
Now I have to plan a "good time" (is there ever a good time) to talk with my husband about my oldest daughters needs. The psychiatrist is really worried about her and so am I. A lot of her sadness is a result of her relationship with her dad. I'm not sure how this conversation will go. Wish me luck.

Today I have to head to our neighbourhood Jr. High where I'm helping them plan a fund raiser for autism. Then I'm taking out my 2 nieces and nephew who are visiting from southern Alberta. I love being an Auntie. So much different than being a mom. I spoil them rotten! They leave tomorrow and since my kids are at school I get to have time just with them. Soooooo fun!

I know I've said this before but I feel a strong need to repeat it.....
I am still really unhappy that I wasn't aware of how long this recovery would take! More than unhappy. I am down right Ticked off! I know that I had to have this surgery but I was not prepared for what was too come. I was told that I would be better at six weeks. I wasn't even told that I wouldn't be able to wear me normal clothes home from the hospital! I had no idea that I would be in such emotional pain. I feel really frustrated. It's not fair! I should have been told!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
There....now I've had a good childish tantrum .
Thanks for listening!

Hugs!
Meg
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Hello dear ladies!! Today is beautiful out side!! I just got back from working in the kids school. Sad to say, but I don't enjoy it like I once did. So many reasons why.
But, I am home now, and I am contimplating the rest of my day. What to have for dinner? Something simple because we have Rugby practice and then there is a meeting for football as well. Chris was going to try and get together with his oldest son. We will see how it plays out. The selfish part of me hopes it doesn't work out because I need his help with picking kids up. But The other part of me hopes it does work out because he never gets to see his son. His daughter in law is a beast (to say the least) She has sided with the ex wife becuase she thinks her bread is buttered over there. You know.....life is all about $$ And status right? (barf!!)
So I sit here with the left over Easter Chocolate and write my dear friends. Ahhhh life is good! ( don't know WHY I can't loose weight!!)

Meg, I am glad yesterday is over for you, and I hope today proves to be a better one. Is your husband at least open to conversations like the one you are about to embark on? I hope so. That is one of the endearing qualities about Chris...he says I can talk to him about anything as long as it is done respectfully. And so far....he has listened to everything I have had to say. I'm not going to say agreed with me or seen eye to eye, but he at least listens and doesn't jump down my throat. sometimes he doesn't even respond...just listens. Anway, good luck. I will be thinking of you.

Colleen...today is your Friday right? I hope it went well. Just think...the rest of the week you can put your feet up. I know you will!!

I am so excited because I think I have found a long lost friend of mine!!! I lost touch with her for awhile and then after my divorce I found her. Then psycho stalker meth head boyfriend came into the picture and I lost her again (kind of on purpose). I don't know how many of you do Facebook, but I thought I would try and find her there. No such luck. Then I realized she had a son my sons age and figured for sure he would be there. I looked him up....187 results for the name. looked at the ones with pics first. Found him!! Even though the last time I saw him he was 6 and now he is 17........He has the same grin. So I messaged him....I'm waiting to see if they are the right ones!! I'm very excited!!!

As for the healing process of this whole thing goes...I really think that somewhere they should disclose the REAL healing time. I know most if not all of us probably HAD to have it done, but if given the choice, maybe some of us would have waited until at least summer time? Either way, very frustrating!! My Dr. acts like I am some sort of whiner. Which SO doesn't help because that is totally what I feel like. I can not understand WHAT is wrong with ME?! But then finding YOU ladies I see that it's not ME. Way too many similarities to be all in my head.

Well, dishes are calling and so is the rest of my days chores. Take care my dear sisters and I will talk to you soon!
Unread 04-07-2010, 04:00 PM

I am so tired. I don't know how you are working full time Joining! I worked 1/2 day, came home and picked up my son to go buy him new clothes, went to the grocery store (bought subs for dinner, thankfully) and now on here real quick, but I am putting my body in pjs, and getting in bed and it is only 6pm. I feel like I did weeks ago. But I do know it will get better......like a year from now LOL
Joining, put me in your fibro group too. I have CFS and I suspect fibro, my sister and mom have fibro. I do believe that surgery brings out the worst of both of those diseases. That is what I have read. i hope you find your long lost friend, FB is great for that!
Meg, I hope your husband will be open to your talk, I will pray that he is and just know you have our support!!
Bets, were you glad the astronaut got voted off DWTS?

Hugs to all but I am done
Colleen
Unread 04-07-2010, 04:37 PM

Aw Meg.. I'm so sorry and just always KNOW you are super mom !!! I'm grateful that while my GYN didn't fully tell me how long recovery is, he has this nice way of doing this kinda half hug that isn't too much, but is really comforting. He says "It's different for every one and basically (my words) whatever you're feeling, going through is real.. it just helps to be validated".

Colleen.. i really thought it was time for the astronaut to go, tho he sure has the mental chutzbah to go longer. I hope someone is getting Kate to a therapist cause she sure is the poster child of depression and she's sure to go in the next couple weeks. For crying out loud, she's really the only true amateur. The rest have experience either singing/dancing or acting/performing before an audience. I'm really glad the judges are somewhat gentle with her.

I watch the show often with an internet friend.. makes it just really fun.

I took dad to get his ears cleaned out. It was nice dad/daughter time. I was kind of afraid we'd lost that link. He really didn't become human til mom got brain cancer and he turned into this amazing caretaker and dad. He'd been distant the last few times we were together. Today was like it had been a lil while ago. Tomorrow we're going to get his hearing aids checked, then i'm hoping we can get him in to see my favorite hair person. Ye olde SuperCuts so price shouldn't make him pass out and Darlene gives a scalp massage worth $50. When I can manage I give her a $20 tip just cause it's so dang good >G<

Daughterly one fell in love with my ice tea. Gotta be in a glass pitcher, 6 bags and then you can water it down if need be. I like the cranberry Celestial Seasonings and i swear it does something for cramps. So we're gonna hit ye olde Good Will which is a great place to find a glass pitcher under $5.

Ok.. i don't know why. But i just feel perky. And i've probly been over doing it; so sleeping a lil fitty.

I have a La-Z-Boy rocker/recliner with a vibration thingie.. it's really heaven for back aches, but my control went pfft and don't think i can afford to replace it til next week.. can i ever tell the difference in not having my vib time !!

Was anyone able to get into the link for the freebie book from HysterSisters ? I keep forgetting to do the exercises, but it is a nice grouping from Kegels, to suggestions for different kinds of ab/sit up type things and suggestions on how to alter to fit where you're at.

((hugs)) American Idol tonight >G< I swear they're getting way too young and there's no one that really sets me on fire this time around, but as they whittle down, mebbe someone will start looking good

Have a good night ladies !!

Betsy
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:01 PM

Meg - I so understand your frustration with how long it's going to take us to heal. I read it on here shortly before surgery, but honestly I wasn't sure what to believe until my 5 week post op and my doctor told me that it really can take 6 months to heal. Like you, I would have planned so differently if I had known. There are so many things I would have made sure I had gotten done since I thought at 6 weeks I'd be able to pretty much do what I wanted. WRONG! Oh so wrong! Now I sit here with all of my walls with nothing on them because I haven't been up to putting things back together (long story short -- we had water damage to our house this past summer, didn't really get the house put back together until Thanksgiving, then along came Christmas, then along came surgery). I still have my snowmen out because I can't carry the containers down from the attic to get them put away, nor do I have our taxes filed and they are due a week from tomorrow. I haven't figured out how I'm going to get them done. I need the following weekend to be able to get them done so I don't know what I'll do.

By the way, congrats on the weight loss. I, too, have been through Weight Watchers, but unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention and have gained my weight back. I am so frustrated with myself for even allowing me to gain the weight back. I can't believe that at some point I didn't stop to realize what I was doing to myself. It's a lot more difficult to get it back off than it would have been to maintain, I think. I also think the biggest problem with WW is that they don't have a maintenance program. To me it's all about losing and then making sure you some in once a month to weigh. The first time I had to pay I quit going. I figured I'd spent enough and I wasn't paying any more. Wow, that was a mistake, too. I really need to get back to what it's all about and get this weight off for my own good. I loved being a size 6 and was so proud of myself. All I can do is work to get it off, right? I have to learn to quit beating myself up. I saw a thread on here about losing 20 pounds in a year. Something about just losing 2 pounds a month. That one struck me as interesting, because 20 pounds would be better than nothing. Keep up the good work. I for one know how difficult it is (believe it or not, I got to the point where I was irritated because people would call me skinny or tell me I was going to blow away -- who would have ever thought I could be offended by being called skinny -- oh to be that again). I just have to stop kicking myself and move forward. Guess that's my rant for the day!

Bets and Colleen - I got info on forming a group, but then found out there already is one. I'm hoping it gets "revived" because I posted on it and no one has been there since November. Come join me so maybe we can get it moved up and others will join. I know there's several of us.

Colleen - I'm sure some of going back to work is the CFS. I think it has to be more difficult than fibro (at least for those of us who don't have really severe cases of it). I went back to work at 6 weeks because I had to. Looking back, I know I would have been better off if I had taken at least another 2 weeks. It has gotten a little easier in the last week or so, but it's taken me 12 weeks to get there and some days are better than others. I hope you feel better soon!

Sprite - I hope you find your friend. It's amazing how you can find someone these days, although 25 years ago before the Internet really existed, I tracked down my mom's maid of honor and surprised my mom and dad when they renewed their vows by having her maid of honor show up for the ceremony. It was rather interesting because I worked in radiology at the time and a student who was training was talking to me about where she lived. I mentioned a name and she said she went to school with the woman's son, so I wrote a letter, sent it with her and the rest is history. My mom was shocked and was crying. She couldn't believe it because they had lost touch and hadn't seen each other in several years. I do hope this is your friend.

Bets - I'm with you on American Idol. There is no one who really stands out IMHO this year. I know a lot of people think Crystal's going to win it, but to me she seems to sing the same style every week. I don't really see anything unique about her. There was a contestant from my home state that made it into the top 14 I think it was or maybe 12, but then got voted off. After that, I didn't really care too much. Like you, maybe someone will start sticking out as a favorite. I know who I think should go tonight -- better be a guy!

Did any of you ladies have an AP repair? I don't remember what everyone had. I went for a massage tonight because I've been having hip pain. My massage therapist, who I've gone to for quite some time, mentioned that my left hip seems to be higher than the right. She said it can be caused by the pelvis being tipped or twisted. I asked her if she had ever noticed it before surgery and she said she didn't remember, but would check her notes. Well, there's nothing in her notes so now I'm wondering if something happened during this surgery and that's why I'm having so much hip pain. I've been considering seen an orthopedist and now I'm really considering it. I'm going to post on the postop site to see if anyone else has heard of this.

I'm exhausted this week. Guess I'll watch American Idol then go to bed. Hope everyone has a good night!
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Here's the link for the fibro club forum:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=382466

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register