Had a Bad Day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had a Bad Day! Had a Bad Day!

Unread 07-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Had a Bad Day!

Good morning sisters!
I finally decided it was time to sit down and reach out, again. I had the worst day 2 days ago. I am on my period again, if you want to call it that. This is #3 for the month, LOL!! The problem wasn't so much the pain, gotten used to that and have pain meds...but rather the black blood clots, yuck...that made me feel like I am rotting inside, along with allowing my head to take over, and take me where I did not need to be...feeling stuck and alone. I couldn't even stop myself, just rolled with it. As a result, I was the most miserable person to be around that day. Finally, it hit me...I have a solution in process, surgery, Duh! The whole reason for my surgery in Sept. is to take care of and take out what is causing me so much grief and pain. I just need to be able to deal with all the symptoms until then. They have just gotten worse lately and are coming now at a faster rate!!

Something else, I am scared, too, about the surgery! I know and expect to have to deal with a lot of pain...it is just the thought of being put to sleep, so that they can remove some of my insides...I have this crazy fear of not waking up, LOL!!!

Sorry so long winded and rambling. Better for me if I do it on here, rather than allowing myself to sit alone with it!! My own worst enemy is between my ears, LOL!!!

To all my sisters out there...prayers for smooth surgeries and speedy recoveries. Thank you so much for being here!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Re: Had a Bad Day!

Our bodies have a way of "reminding" us why we're getting surgery, don't they? You have a month and a half left, or rather, your uterus has that much time left and clearly knows its days are numbered! Before my ablation, I also had that fear of not waking up but this hysterectomy was my 3rd time being under so I felt like a pro at that point, lol. You have the easy job since you'll be sleeping through it. I'm 9 days post and feel so much better than I expected to feel pre-op. Even though it's still early in my recovery, I know I made the right decision and am looking forward to even better days. Before you know it, you'll be on the other side, getting stronger every day and shopping for nothing but white clothes!
Unread 07-31-2014, 10:25 AM

Hello Sister!

I had the exact same fear!! I was so worried I would not wake up after surgery. This was my first major surgery, ever and I was terrified. Everyone kept telling me it's routine.. there is nothing routine about facing surgery. So trust me I understand what you are going through! Having said that the technology and the way they do the surgeries.. the prep, precautions, all of it brings the risk WAY down. I had the daVinci surgery and I barely lost any blood at all. I went home the same day and I haven't even bled since I got home (just a little when I was in recovery at the hospital). I had MAJOR heavy periods and AWFUL cramps (took narcotics every month just to get through them). There was no choice for me, plus I was severely anemic all the time. Even though I knew it was the right decision.. it's still so scary but your chances are EXCELLENT that you will get through it just fine! I can't believe I put myself through all that anxiety and worry.. here I am just over 36 hours out and I can't tell you how relieved I am that I will never have another god awful period! Just think of the positives (as much as you can) and how free you will be once you recover. I can't tell you how happy I am about the decision I made.. I looked at the left over boxes of tampons and pads in my cabinet this morning and it brought a huge smile to my face! I will never never them again! You will be here soon, so hang in there!! Huge sister hugs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Had a Bad Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDee View Post
Our bodies have a way of "reminding" us why we're getting surgery, don't they? You have a month and a half left, or rather, your uterus has that much time left and clearly knows its days are numbered! Before my ablation, I also had that fear of not waking up but this hysterectomy was my 3rd time being under so I felt like a pro at that point, lol. You have the easy job since you'll be sleeping through it. I'm 9 days post and feel so much better than I expected to feel pre-op. Even though it's still early in my recovery, I know I made the right decision and am looking forward to even better days. Before you know it, you'll be on the other side, getting stronger every day and shopping for nothing but white clothes!
HappyDee, thank you so much for your reply...it truly gave me a giggle!!! I just wish I would I have posted sooner, LOL!! I have been following and reading your posts. They are so helpful. I am so happy for you that surgery and recovery are as they should be...uneventful!! My outlook is so much better now...thank you again!!
Unread 07-31-2014, 10:27 AM

Just read your post. Im in my 3rd month from a total abdominal hysterectomy. All removed including my appendix. I had endo which turned into bad scar tissue over the yrs and covering everything. Including pulling my appendix towards my bladder. So iv endured much pain over the yrs. Yes I too was scared about the whole process. But once I made the decision and then went thru the process I have felt so much better! Iv had a good recovery and was proud of myself for doing my best to be strong. Its very comforting to have this site and a unique sisterhood we can truly lean on for support. I put full faith in my creator and trust in my surgeon. All went very well. I had the case of the nerves so they gave me something to help relax me. So be sure to ask for that. Its so nice to be rid of the pain and of course periods forever! I am on estradiol 1mg. So far so good. Even in the bedroom with hubby. I go back in dec to see my doc again. Hang in there. Be strong and determined to be paitent, not comparing yourself with others recoveries. Listen to your body and just focus on healing. Get plenty rest and make sure you have the help you will need. We are all here for you and again this is a wonderful site for so much info to educate ourselves and our families about what we are having done. And any questions or concerns you have. I truly wish you all the best and its all going to be over with in no time! Best wishes and prayers to you from a Tx hyst sis.
Unread 07-31-2014, 10:37 AM

I am feeling so overwhelmed with beautiful gratitude right now...thank you sisters!! Your experience is such priceless wealth of information! ! Heck yeah, let's do this, LOL!!! Of course with your help!
Unread 07-31-2014, 10:39 AM
Had a Bad Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaVaVoom View Post
I am feeling so overwhelmed with beautiful gratitude right now...thank you sisters!! Your experience is such priceless wealth of information! ! Heck yeah, let's do this, LOL!!! Of course with your help!
You are so very welcome. Btw, im 43. Lots of hugs! ;-)
Unread 07-31-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaVaVoom View Post
That's what we're here for!
Unread 07-31-2014, 11:08 AM

I'm Day 8 in my recovery from a TAH and I can tell you that I am so grateful I did it. Even though I am healing from the incision, the pain and pressure from my fibroids is completely gone. I was worried about random things before the surgery like is the IV going to hurt (when I had my laparoscopy back in '08, the IV kinked up in my hand and hurt so bad), will I feel the catheter, do I really have to stay in the hospital for a few days, etc. I talked to the intake nurse and the anesthesiologist the day of the surgery and they were so nice & caring. I did not have one bad moment before or after the surgery. When my pain starting creeping up, the nurses came right on in and got me back down. As for going to sleep during surgery, my "vacation" wasn't long enough lol!

You are going to feel pretty amazing almost immediately. Once you reach a week into recovery, you will notice a drastic difference and realize you will never have to deal with what you are enduring right this moment ever again.
Unread 07-31-2014, 11:40 AM

VaVaVoom,

Hey, we are going to be in he same recovery group. My hysterectomy is the day before yours. I don't deal with pain but I do deal with flooding and clots. I'm nervous about surgery too. Scared to death of orphaning my kids. But I'm looking forward to being done with all the bleeding! Hang in there!

Rachel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register