8 weeks friday and still in pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks friday and still in pain 8 weeks friday and still in pain

Unread 03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
8 weeks friday and still in pain

I don't know what to do anymore I can't drive 30 min without being in total pain normally it would not be a big deal but I drive a bus so DR excused me from work til Monday guess what I drove last night and was in so much pain I am in bed today. I have had ultrasound cat scan another one scheduled for the 25th. Any ideas I am getting tired of I am just a slow healer! this pain is from something and I just dont know where to go from here. called the dr and still have not heard from his know it all nurse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 02:58 PM

Being a bus driver is a very strenuous job. That being said, it may be too early for you to go back. We all heal at different rates. Truthfully, I was somewhere between 3 and 4 months post-op before I stopped feeling daily pain and swelly belly!

Please be very gentle with yourself. I know how frustrating it is, but it will do you no good at all to push things and do damage inside. Remember your status and take it easy this weekend -- and let us know what the doctor says, OK?
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:36 PM

I second what mjd2491 said. I was a full 12 weeks before I started to feel myself and have less pain. I was told many times I was a slow healer, and it probably is true. Try to take it easy when you can. believe me I don't think 6 weeks fits everyone for recovery time. Give yourself time and I bet it will get better. Good luck with the doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 05:55 PM

hey kkhill, I am back @ work. I am a medical technician & I am on my feet 12 hours a day. I am exhausted @ the end of the day & lets not talk about the Just hang in there, it will get better. It has too right ?! If you think of where we have come from & where we are now, we have come a long way. Yeah we still may have a ways to go, but one step @ a time. Don't think of it as being a "slow healer" think of it as getting to be pampered just a little longer. I would love to be back @ home laying around again. Just take your pain meds & forget about it !! best wishes always. Take care & I'll be checking back on ya. Karen
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:47 PM

Amen, ladies. I just sit at a desk most of the day and I am Queen Swelly Belly, still taking ibuprofen daily and having to get horizontal by around 3 in the afternoon most days...
Glad to hear we're not alone, but I know it's getting frustrated.
Thanks to those of you who are further out for reminding us that this, too, will pass.
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:10 PM

Thanks so much to all of you! It is inspirational to hear that feeling better and getting my life back is still a real possibility!

I felt so great my second week and thought I had passed the worst and it was such a breeze....nope! Ups and downs....

Started having pain, fever, bleeding....My cul-de-sac hurts like still and having bladder spasms too. Some days better than others.

It feels good knowing that the women on here understand how I feel and know what I am dealing with..

I am not being lazy or trying to "fake" my pain to get attention like one of my so-called friends said to me the other day, and it's NORMAL to still feel pain and discomfort and it's not all in my head. I am looking forward to that 3-month mark now! THANK YOU!

My "friends" have been mean to me, saying I should be well by now, no longer need their help, be on pain meds and to just get some estrogen to control my emotions....I'd like to see them go through this without complications!
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:33 PM

I will be 6 weeks post-op on Monday. When i drive, i can't even stand the seatbelt even close to my abdomen. I try to remember my belly pillow, but I often forget it when I get into the car, so I just loosen the lap part of my seat belt a lot when I drive. That said, I can't imagine driving for my job (though I know I'm 2 weeks behind you).

When I hit about week 4 post-op, I came to the realization then that this was probably going to be more of a 10 - 12 week recovery. I go to my 6-week check tomorrow, and my whole entire abdomen is SO tender still, and i stll have the burning sensation, but it has gotten less. For me, there is no way I'll be "normal" by 6 weeks.

I don't really understand why some people heal faster than others. But, all I know is that I'm one of the "lucky" ones to be a slower healer.... although, to be honest, after participating in this forum since my surgery, I'm actually starting to think that I'm more in the "norm". I think the majority of the women on this site still do not feel normal by 6 weeks... at least that is just what I think... there definitely are some women who felt great before 6 weeks, too, but I definitely do not think it's abnormal to not feel back to normal by 6 weeks post-op.

Good luck!! I know how hard it is to go through all of this and have to put things on hold that pre-surgery were such a huge part of our lives! I know for me it'll most likely be 10 weeks post-op before I'm running again.... but I figure I still have the rest of my life ahead of me to run as much as I want, but I only have this one time to make sure I heal right.
Unread 03-14-2008, 12:36 PM

Alrighty then, went to the DR this morning am now set up with an ultrasound next week. Finally Dr says this is not normal for you to be having these symptoms 8 weeks out!! I have been telling him I was not normal for 5 weeks bout time he decided to get on board. My regular DR told him 2 weeks ago that something was not right so another week off work while they run more tests. Just ready to tell him just go in again and take a quick look a little day surgery would be fine with me right now. But he wants less evasive so if they find an abcess or the cysyt on my ovary exploded we will find out next week then we will have to have the surgery to fix what he has taken so long to find. Thank God I have disability and a job that is somewhat understanding even though they are very short bus drivers the one good thing about working for a school district is thet reallt do follow the FMLA so I wont loose my job
Unread 03-15-2008, 01:02 PM

Glad to hear you are getting some where with the docs. I pray everything gets better soon. Take care & best wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register