No Kansans? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Kansas

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
No Kansans?

Well we don't own a scale either. The only way that I know is from having my weight taken pre-op and then when I went back to the Gynecologist for a post-op check, I had lost the weight in 3 almost 4 weeks.
I can tell you that I went through a very long phase to where I only ate popsicles and orange sherbet. Now I am just watching what I eat. I really don't have much of an appetite since the surgery. I don't know why, I am really a big eater.
I am just going with it and trying to lose more. I can tell you that i was so swollen after surgery that I wanted to die.

Love Math, I can't believe you took on all of those kids. Are you crazy? lol
I guess with having teenagers though it can get pretty busy around her also. I just can't keep up with the mess. My house is small and an endless pit anymore. I hate it! I like to have everything picked up and dishwasher started by the time I go to bed. Doesn't happen anymore with teens roaming around after I go to bed.

Oh well, There will come a day I suppose that I will not have any around and wish for the mess. (but not right now).
Hope you are both doing well today,

Suzie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2008, 08:53 AM
No Kansans?

Thats funny, I was just thinking about how I was going to have to pull my superwoman cape out from the pile of rubble in my house and get it clean! Husbands are so useless sometime LOL
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Red face - No Kansans? Op,ks

HI...one week and one day have passed since my lapra. vag. event. ( sorry I do not know the right initials yet!). I went across the state line in MO to the "castle". My recovery has been slower than I anticipated, but now I know it is because I contracted cellculitus ( sp???) or better known as a staph infection. Today is the first day I have felt like I am back to myself. Hiccups still hurt, but not like an infection pain in my side.

I knew I had a cyst on the right ovary going into this because of an ultrasound. But what the dr. nor I knew was that they would find scar tissue, endro. ( well that they knew), but the ovary was adhered to the abdomonial wall. When all of that was cleared Dr. found a "chocolate" cyst.
So as I noted, recovery has been slower than I thought it would be. I am well enough to work on my on-line class now from FHSU, so I am getting better!

Is there anyone else from the KC/Lawrence/Topeka area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:46 AM
No Kansans?

Ceej-2u,
I remember from my scrubtech days seeing what the Surgeon called a chocolate cyst, I just can't remember what it meant. I don't think that it was bad, it just looked like chocolate syrup when it was drained. lol

Welcome to the Kansas page. It is fun chatting about life in general! Helps me find support and humor in the day.

Suzie
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:48 AM
No Kansans?

Husbands...we could comment on that all day long and still not find an ending...LOL. They say that we have PMS...WHATEVER...they have their own kind. As long as my husband can go golfing and riding his motorcycle, then he is fine. He talks about how my son is so spoiled, yes...my three children that I have is from my first husband. I tell my husband that he is the one that lives next door to his parents and has to tell or ask his parents everything still. We can't go nowhere unless his whole family knows about it!

My appetite is still kindna messed up still...I maybe eat 2 meals a day. Been trying to eat some type of bran with a banana in the mornings and eat a little something during the day. Sometimes, I really just forget to eat. I have enjoyed my time off from work and I'm looking forward to going back but just not doing all the o/t....40 hr week...Monday through Thursday...O/T on Friday and some Satrudays...that part I'm not looking forward too. Like I said, I am 44 and I'm going to do my best to not be working by the age of 55!
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:52 AM
No Kansans?

Thanks...the Dr. said the infection might have come from the chocolate cyst....or if I had yeast/staph floating in my body etc.....so I guess I will never know why I got the infection. But I think it is funny how the world LOVES chocolate...until you get told you have a chocolate cyst!

Nice to meet you! Thanks! My recovery has been at home alone a lot...so it is SOOOO nice to know there REALLY is someone else out there!
Unread 07-11-2008, 11:54 AM
No Kansans?

My husband of 21 years is pretty good about letting me recover and helps to discipline the kids. The only catch is that he is a Superintendant for a construction services company and is away alot. He has to do the disciplining over the phone. I am just glad that he hasn't been here to see the emotional rollercoaster that I have been on since surgery. It is leveling out though.

I am taking 2 of the teenagers and driving to see him for the weekend. He works in Eve, Missouri (He is building a biodiesel plant) and has an apartment in Ft. Scott. We have decided to stay in Pittsburg in a hotel for the weekend so that the kids can swim and have fun.
I know that it sounds silly to drive that short distance and stay in a hotel but I need the break from the house and the kids do too.
Besides, my 17 year olds boyfriend lives in Pittsburg and he can hang out with us.

My best friend from high school is giving me a post-hysterectomy makeover in her beauty shop tomorrow before we leave. I am going to try some new colors in my hair. I was a natural redhead until about 3 years ago and then it turned blonde/brown. Who knows maybe I will go back red!

Suzie
Unread 07-11-2008, 12:32 PM
You can take the girl out of Kansas...

Hey, Ladies!
I hope you don't mind me butting in. I live in Kentucky now but I was born and raised in the KC area. Reading your posts has made me homesick. Some of my best memories of childhood are vacations in Independence, KS at Montgomery (I think) County lake. There were 7 of us - 4 boys and me - so we couldn't afford to go far and usually camped out. I remember a park with a monkey island and a merry-go-round and a huge spiral shaped slide. I'm sure it is probably long gone now. We also went to Miami, Ok a few times because my mom had an aunt there.
I lived in KC until I was 12 then we moved to Tonganoxie, then to Basehor where I graduated from HS. I have a brother who lives a few miles from the new race track. I remember when that was no man's land.
I met my DH in Springfield, Mo at Baptist Bible College. He is from Kentucky. We spent 24 yrs in the Air Force and retired here about 8 years ago. Our youngest daughter lives in Springfield now with her DH and our only grandchild. (she also met him at BBC and he is also from KY!)
We have lived in Wichita Falls, Texas; Blytheville, Ark; Altus, OK and Jacksonville, Ark. We spent almost 12 years in Germany. So sometimes I feel like I don't really belong anywhere. Unfortunately, I don't get to go home very often. Thanks for letting me reminisce. I wish all of you ladies quick healing and blessings.
Unread 07-11-2008, 12:50 PM
No Kansans?

My husband is from Independence. He camped at Elk City Lake and Montgomery county lake as a kid and teenager. My father in law in his retirement runs the concession stand at the park.
Monkey Island is still there although the original monkey that flew in space has passed. There are others there now.
The spiral slide is still there also. It isn't as huge now as I remember it as a kid though.
They have added a miniature golf course. Was the train there when you were a kid?

Suzie
Unread 07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
No Kansans?

ceej2u: I also had chocolate cysts. The doctor knew I had a large one on my right ovary but found an even larger one on my left ovary. Both were the size of apples. Good thing you got them out in time. I had one burst last year before I knew I had them and it hurt soooo bad. It also made my organs all adhere together because it was so sticky. A chocolate cyst is endomtriamal blood that pools together in a cyst. When they break they spread endometriosis in your whole abdominal cavity.

purple freak: I think we may have followed each other alot! I live in ks but got married the first time in springfield mo. The longest I ever lived in one location before now was in Mayfield KY (close to Paducah). I also lived for a very short time in Jonesboro AR. Welcome to our KS page!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register