Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 10,2018 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 10,2018 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 10,2018

Unread 06-10-2018, 11:01 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 10,2018

Yes..I've noticed a loss of appetite. I've been eating applesauce and yogurt because I knjw I'm taking meds but no real foods.im going to try something different today. I'm also extra tired from walking around the house. You'd think I ran a mile as tired as I get. You're not alone...
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrivin4pink View Post
Thank you I will do that. I do get so fatigue and I’m not doing anything but walking from the living room to the bathroom. Has anyone else noticed a loss of appetite?
:banana2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 10,2018

I had my LAVH on Tuesday for adenomyosis. I was in the hospital for a few days after as I could not pass urine or gas. Finally had a bowel movement yesterday!!! I was really nervous, but glad it finally happened. I have been having spotting since day 1. I notice it does get worse after I use the washroom, pass gas, or after walking. I’m wondering how long bleeding lasts and how much is normal? I am having some pink blood but some of it is bright red. I am also getting some cramping/shooting pains in my vagina and I’m not sure if that is normal or something I should be concerned about. I honestly can’t wait for this to all be over and I can start having a normal life. I hope everyone is doing well
Unread 06-10-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogdenm View Post
I had subtotal abdominal hysterectomy on June 8, that means uterus and tubes removed plus 2.5kg fibroid! but retained ovaries and cervix. I was told my bladder and bowel looked normal. I have come home today.

My bladder started working very slowly but it now seems like the best it's been for years. No bladder urgency, not frequent passing as no fibroid pressing on it. My belly has flattened, so I'll not have to be self conscious and asked if I'm pregnant or be restricted by what clothes I can wear. Yeah! So already some positive outcomes to celebrate.

I'm waiting for the BM. The doctors listened to my belly and said things are working. I burp, but haven't passed wind. Am trying dried apricots, water, lemon and ginger tea. I've bought prune juice but haven't been game to try it yet. I've been given Movicol which is for constipation. Do I use this or is a stool softener something different? I usually do a BM every 2-3 days, not daily.
to your recovery thread!

I posted a long response for everyone regarding your laxative question

It makes me so happy to hear positive results so soon after surgery. Keep focusing on that when you feel frustrated during recovery.

Wishing you continued relief from that nasty fibroid!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicalex View Post
you're like... my HERO.

my daughter in law was going to work the other morning - she's a young architect under all this stress as project manager for an entertainment district... anyway... I said....

"while you're building new cities the focus of my entire day will be on having a bowel movement. see how relative it all is?"

there's hope for us ladies!!
I totally get it. Todays goal... my first BM. While others around me are worried about work and other stuff...im just waiting for that magic moment to help relieve the pressure i feel down there. Its day 6 and nothing. Im off my pain meds and taking stool softner..but still nada. Hopefully it comes soon.
Unread 06-10-2018, 11:29 AM

Basic maths for pain!! I've come home yesterday and been advised for 1-2 tablets of pain meds four times a day of oxycodone plus panadol. I have tried this as 6 hourly, e.g 12pm(1 tablet), 6pm (2 tablets), 12am(1 tablet), and aiming for 6am, but it's 3am. I was going to wait till the morning for movicol for bowels (which haven't moved yet, nor passing wind)which I haven't tried yet, but it's 3am, pain rates about 4/10 whilst sitting, but I don't want to go back to bed as it hurts to move around. I think I'll do movicol now rather than take pain meds early. Does this make sense? I only have 6 more oxycodone so if I took 2 each time, that means I'd finish the supply today, which seems unrealistic. It's Sunday night and I only had the Op Friday morning.
Unread 06-10-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbil View Post
I had my LAVH on Tuesday for adenomyosis. I was in the hospital for a few days after as I could not pass urine or gas. Finally had a bowel movement yesterday!!! I was really nervous, but glad it finally happened. I have been having spotting since day 1. I notice it does get worse after I use the washroom, pass gas, or after walking. I’m wondering how long bleeding lasts and how much is normal? I am having some pink blood but some of it is bright red. I am also getting some cramping/shooting pains in my vagina and I’m not sure if that is normal or something I should be concerned about. I honestly can’t wait for this to all be over and I can start having a normal life. I hope everyone is doing well

Spotting, even bright red spotting is generally considered normal throughout the 6 week initial recovery period. If you should fill a normal pad (not a panty liner), in an hour, seek medical attention or call your doctor’s office. Any abnormal bleeding accompanied by severe pain should be addressed promptly by a medical professional.

Cramping is also considered normal as long as it’s not severe. Your body suffered major trauma internally and pain is part of the healing process.

As always, if you’re concerned, call your doctor. Never feel like you are bothering them or being overly cautious. You had major surgery and have the right to contact them when needed

Spotting vs Bleeding after Hysterectomy

Communicating Pain after Hysterectomy

when to Call your Doctor after Hysterectomy

Don’t get impatient just yet, there’s a long road ahead The worst should be behind you, but it takes months to heal completely from a hysterectomy. After 4-6 weeks, it really does get much easier. You may still experience pain, but it won’t be as bad and you’ll bounce back quicker!

Unread 06-10-2018, 11:43 AM

Hello ladies! A quick update from me - day four post outpatient robotic yadda yadda. I am doing very well, though I am definitely still taking it easy. There hasn't been much pain past day two, I've pooped at least once a day (though it is still very exciting every time ), and I even managed to sleep on my side for part of the night last night. Right now I am really looking forward to getting these five adhesive bandages off, since they make it hard to tell when I am achy inside versus from the skin being pulled. Any advice for best way to get them off?

Also, I wanted to share an app that others might find helpful. It's called Medisafe, and it allows you set up a virtual "pill box" on your phone, with reminders for each dose. I was finding it hard to keep track of all the alternating schedules of tylenol, ibuprofen, colace, and gas-x, and it makes it much easier. You can even customize the look of each pill so you have a visual reminder of which one it is when the alarm goes off. Best of all, it's free.

Sending warm thoughts and vibes to everyone in their continuing recovery!
Unread 06-10-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogdenm View Post
Basic maths for pain!! I've come home yesterday and been advised for 1-2 tablets of pain meds four times a day of oxycodone plus panadol. I have tried this as 6 hourly, e.g 12pm(1 tablet), 6pm (2 tablets), 12am(1 tablet), and aiming for 6am, but it's 3am. I was going to wait till the morning for movicol for bowels (which haven't moved yet, nor passing wind)which I haven't tried yet, but it's 3am, pain rates about 4/10 whilst sitting, but I don't want to go back to bed as it hurts to move around. I think I'll do movicol now rather than take pain meds early. Does this make sense? I only have 6 more oxycodone so if I took 2 each time, that means I'd finish the supply today, which seems unrealistic. It's Sunday night and I only had the Op Friday morning.
Try alternating oxy and ibuprofen every 3 hours. That way you get some relief in between the narcotic pain med. For the Americans: panadol/paracetamol is acetaminophen

Ice packs on your belly are incredibly soothing as well. You can also use a heating pad, but not directly on your incisions at this point unless approved by your doctor. Ice on belly and heat on back is a good combo. No more than 20 minutes on and at least 40-60 minutes off.

Unread 06-10-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRonnieP View Post
Yes..I've noticed a loss of appetite. I've been eating applesauce and yogurt because I knjw I'm taking meds but no real foods.im going to try something different today. I'm also extra tired from walking around the house. You'd think I ran a mile as tired as I get. You're not alone...
loss of appetite here too. I thought I could avoid pain meds today ( at least until bed). I'm 6 days post. walking every day. but twice post walk I started to hurt. could be ligaments? then I get weepy. did a very slow 25 minutes around the block but omg. an hour later I popped the pain meds. I'm also finding my back is really sore. I can't tell if its from my poor digestion / ongoing ulcer or everything else. I forced cereal down but I just want to crash. this whole recovery process is more difficult than I thought bc I can't gauge it well yet. I feel good then I don't. I still spend most of the day in bed.
Unread 06-10-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooga View Post
Right now I am really looking forward to getting these five adhesive bandages off, since they make it hard to tell when I am achy inside versus from the skin being pulled. Any advice for best way to get them off?
You should never remove the steri strips unless directed to do so by your doctor. I was told to leave them alone and she would remove them at my 2 week post op. Two happened to fall off before then and I bought steri strips and put them loosely back on. There are internal stitches at each incision site and you want to ensure they’re well healed before removing the steri strips to avoid infection and reopening. Also, once they are gone, you’ll be dealing with clothes rubbing against the incisions, which can be very annoying and even painful! I also had a few of the internal stitches poking out that drove me insane I ended up keeping a bandaid loosely over the two lower incision sites until week 4 to avoid those issues.

Incision Care After Hysterectomy

Thank you for sharing the app recommendation!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register