Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 12-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

HI EVERY ONE I CAME HOME YESTERDAY FROM A DEC. 31ST SURGERY. I AM DOING OK I AM REALLY SORE ALL OVER . BUT I AM UP AN ABOUT BETTER THAN EXPECTED. I HAD A LAVH THEY TOOK EVERYTHING TUBES, OVERIES, CERVIX, I HAD EVERYTHING REMOVED. AND THEY DID A QUICK PEAK AT MY BLADDER WHILE HE WAS IN THERE. MY BELLY FEELS OK ITS THE REST OF ME THAT IS PROTESTING I HAVE FIBROMYAGIA AND THE STRESS FROM THE SURGERY HAS MADE IT FLARE SOMETHING FEARCE. BUT I WILL BE OK. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU SUPPORT BEFORE I WENT IN . AND FOR THE CONTUNED SUPPORT AFTER WORDS . i HAD MY FIRST HOT FLASH WHILE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL THAT WAS INTERESTING ANY SUGESTIONS HOW TO GET THREW THOSE? WELL I HAVE TO GO LAY DOWN NOW BLESSINGS TO ALL kELLY.
Unread 01-03-2008, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the support

I had a total hysterectomy on 29th November 2007 and found the post operative tips really useful. While I have two adult children who were sort of helpful, they didn't do things my way so taking it easy wasn't easy at all. I was really lucky. I was off all meds on day 2 and came home on day 3. Feeling so well was a problem because I knew that I still had to 'behave' well in terms of activity. Today I had my 5 week checkup and I'm totally fine after what my doctor called a 'difficult' operation. I knew I had fibroids and a 9cm tumour on one ovary but apparently had severe endometriosis as well (how I couldn't feel it is anyone's guess!). I left hospital after 3 days feeling great (credit to my surgeon and anaesthetist) I'd just like to say ladies, follow the post op tips. It's probably OK to bend a little and exercise is a great idea but leave the lifting to someone else. I have some 'warm waves' rather than hot flushes and find a herbal combination of red clover and Black Cohosh really helpful (even in 30 degree Australian summers!) Thank you so much for this website, I found it incredibly supportive and useful. If anyone needs a little help, you can contact me on <admin> and I'll be happy to share. Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 06:55 PM

I had a my TAH on Dec 31 and got home on the 2nd. My incision isn't as sore as I thought it would be but my stomach muscles are really sore. I havent found a good sleeping position yet, spent most the night uncomfortable in a recliner and then finally went to bed with a pillow under my butt to take the presure off my stomach. Today I aslo had my first BM, that was a chore. I am going to make a point to take in alot more water. So far the most annoying thing is I am not able to see totally straight ( I think I was so drugged at the hospital I am still feeling the effects) and I have had a headache everyday since the surgery.
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Elephantbites, sound a bit like me, in one day and out the next. I'm surprised your nursing staff let you home without a bowel movement. Metamucill is wonderful as a natural laxative. (I don't know where you're from but I'm sure you can get it in the US and Europe) Get the orange or lime flavour, it's quite palatable. One teaspoon in a cold glass of water each day and you'll be fine. I'm still taking it after six weeks and no constipation at all.
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I made it to the other side~

I made it! I went in and had my LAVH on Jan 2. I went in on time at 12:45 and was waking up about 5'ish. I bled a lot and almost needed a transfusion, the only thing saving me was my good iron stores. She said everything she touched bled and she could see why I was having difficulties.

When I came out of surgery because of the heavy blood loss my vein collapsed and they had to find another one....about 20 tries later and lots of black and blues to prove it they found a site in my wrist that didn't collapse. I finally was able to get pain meds while waking up... that was the worse... Getting through the collapsed veins and pain with waking up. On top of that puking... blah.

The entire time I was in the recovery room I didn't get to see my husband. They kept telling me that he wasn't anywhere to be found, he later reported he was the only one in the waiting room watching tv. I was taken to my room about 7:30ish. He finally found me and he went home shortly there after as I was really loopy from pain meds and feeling miserable anyways.

I was able to go home about 2pm the next day and I've done much better in my own bed. I've got a painful gas bubble under my rib on my right side. Owie. That's the only thing that's really bothering me. I'm still sleeping lots and I'm okay with that. I'm headed back to bad now actually

I wish everyone else speedy recoveries as well and know there's someone else out there healing with ya!
Unread 01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I am doing better than I expected

Hello Ladies....
I had a total hysteretomy-Laproscopic/Vaginal assisted-on January 2nd. I ended up getting one extra hole in my belly because my intestine kept getting in the way. I was extremely nervous before my surgery and was reading many posts regarding post-op pukeys. Well, I made sure that I told my anesthesiologist my concerns and he made sure that I go medicine in my iv before I woke up. I was not sick at all which made me quite happy.

I came home yesterday and have been resting. I am happy to be in my own castle now. I am very tired but I am able to shower myself which is wonderful. I have had some small meals-yogurt and a couple of graham crackers and chai tea!! I am getting bored already, so I am going to have to find something to occupy my attention. I am also kind of sad. I guess that is to be expected after what has happened. I have been crying a lot, hopefully that will stop soon.

I hope all of my other HysterSisters are doing well. I am on my way to a speedy recovery and I hope you are too!!

Elizabeth
36 years old, total hysterectomy, currently on estrogen replacement
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:30 PM

elizabeth sounuds like you are doing well . I am sorry to hear that you are crying a lot . I hope that stops soon. I had a total hysterectomy the same surgery that you did laporscopc / vaginal on the 31st of Dec. i am doing pretty well and i am bord too. i need the swelling in my hands and feet to go down my doc. is ordering some lasix for me tonight so that will help. i cant believe that i have to lay around for 6 weeks i am going to go stir crazy oh well its all for the best. hug s to all kelly 32 years old total hysterectomy currently on estrogen replacement
Unread 01-04-2008, 08:10 PM

Well its day 4 post op and I am really tired all day today. I went in to see the Dr because my insicion was bleeding and I wanted to make sure he didn't need me to do anything special to it. He said that my skin was just coming apart a little and it was nothing to worry about. I have alot of brusing around the incision and a yellow bruse starting right under my belly button going down to my incision. I am guessing thats from him pulling my muscles together. He made a comment to one of the nurses during my surgery that when he pulled my muscles together he did in 15 min something I couldn't have done in the gym, lol, lets hope I can thank him for that later when I start working out. I am much more sore today than I have been and I am still constipated mostly. The soreness has made me lose my appitite for the most part and I just ache. I am hoping to sleep good tonight. Lastnight I woke up feeling very sick to my stomach and was trying to figure out a way to get sick and not rip my insicion open thankfully I didn't get sick but I did go get in the recliner to sleep the rest of the night. I just want to feel better already.
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:28 PM

I am home now. I am wearing a cathetar in until at least Monday. I couldn't void enough. I am sore more today than I was yesterday or the day of the surgery (Go figure?) I had surgery on the 2nd. I feel dizzy nopw that I had my drugs....Going to lay down now. Post later when I get up

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register