Wait times for Public in W.A. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters Around the World > Australia/New Zealand

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wait times for Public in W.A. Wait times for Public in W.A.

Unread 01-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Wait times for Public in W.A.

Hi there fellow Australians and Australia-dwelllers,

Does any know how long wait-times are for a public hospital hysterectomy in W.A.? I need a total hysterectomy for giant fibroids and extremely heavy periods...
I am actually working overseas at the moment and am trying to figure out how to co-ordinate a gyno appointment and surgery referral all within some leave time because doing it here is not an option!!

Thank you thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2019, 02:19 PM
Re: Wait times for Public in W.A.

In NSW it’s a year for a non emergency one. I am waiting to have my 22cm fibroids removed. Just started a 3 month course of zoladex implants to shrink them for surgery.

There’s a website that lists wait times, but it’s hard to interpret. I can’t post the URL here though but just google health wa elective surgery wait list
Unread 01-16-2019, 05:15 PM

Thanks so much for the info, it’s really useful. I had looked at that website but couldn’t figure out what category the procedure would fall under. You’ve helped clear that up. I didn’t realize it was considered “elective”, hmmm, it feels necessary!!

It’s been really interesting to see the differences between the Oz context and the US one, it seems like they keep patients in the hospital longer after the procedure?
I hadn’t heard of Zoladex and looked it up, it’s great to know that it’s out there.

I really hope your year is passing really quickly and wish you the best of luck with the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2019, 05:23 PM
Re: Wait times for Public in W.A.

Yes, elective - I know exactly what you mean though, makes it feel like it's something we've decided to do on a whim - so wrong!!

If you have anaemia you are considered urgent though - unfortunately (well not really unfortunate but you know what I mean) I have healthy iron levels (unbelievably! but there you go) so I'm considered low priority even though I have huge fibroids that cause issues with my bowel and bladder functions! I have the worst periods and pelvic pressure - just no fun at all, but my year is coming to an end.

I'm still waiting for the side effects of Zoladex which are supposed to be horrendous but so far, so good... false sense of security?

Good luck with your surgery, get on that list!!
Unread 01-16-2019, 05:41 PM

I think there must be a better term that could have chosen!

That’s interesting about the anemia making it more “urgent”, I guess that makes it category 2 then? I do have anemia and other deficiencies, but am managing them with supplements. The timeframes then in the table sound pretty accurate. Do you think they’ll call you in early?

I feel like it is probably impossible to arrange all this overseas. I just have to figure out how to go about everything, and be a little less “la-la-la-this isn’t happening”!!

It’s so great to have this network, though!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register