Vaginal Depth | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Depth Vaginal Depth

Unread 08-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Vaginal Depth

I am really concerned about the physical changes that are going to take place.
I will be over the moon happy about the loss of pain that Im living with every day but what happens to your sex life??

My mother has been telling me things like "your cousin had that LAVH done and they left her with only an inch of vagina.. she can't have sex.

OMG! I have completely stopped asking her anything.

Help! Im really freaking out. My Doctor told me I shouldnt really notice a difference but Im not accepting that as an answer.
Can anyone tell me specifically about changes that take place and if it is negative or positive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2004, 12:39 AM
Vaginal Depth

Not sure how to answer this and stay PG-13 but here goes...

Vaginal Depth was one of my big concerns before my surgery. DH is big and I am small. I took a surgical route that I hoped would preserve my cervix but I was unlucky with fibroids and it was removed. It is when your cervix is removed that you might lose some depth. Newer surgeries are much better at not altering your dimensions but some loss is inevitable if your cervix goes. I have been cleared for intercourse but am waiting a bit longer out of fear of starting too early. However I did some measurements before surgery and just yesterday to see if I could see a difference. It is hard to judge as trying to duplicate the position for measurement isn't very scientific but I did my best. I'd say at worst I lost 1/2 inch. I was 4.5 deep now about 4 and a tiny bit. With that said you really only have to compare yourself to that of your partner, if in a stable relationship, because if you are able to easily accommodate his dimensions now, losing a bit won't make a wig of difference. But if he is already bottoming out, every bit you lose may make things worse. We've learned to deal with our disparity before surgery and we will adjust to this... I hope!

hope that helps...
Unread 08-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Vaginal Depth

I am 6 weeks post op and have noticed no difference. I was cleared for sex as of monday and I have had it 2ce since then. Dh notices nothing different and nor do I. I do believe that everyone is different, but nothing has changed from before and after the surgery. If anything it seems better...no more worrying about bleeding or my period coming back when it was supposed to be gone for the month. In fact, my dr said that I might spot a little after intercourse the first time, but I did not. Hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register