Thought I could hold it all together, until..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thought I could hold it all together, until..... Thought I could hold it all together, until.....

Unread 09-14-2000, 07:13 PM
Thought I could hold it all together, until.....

I thought I could hold all the emotions together and bide my time until Oct. when....I realized last night on my way home from work that not only was I being followed I was also being videotaped. I've been bordering on shear terror ever since. This person was bold enough to follow me and stop as close as 3 doors away. My DH confronted this man and was told " I'm doing an investigation", but refused to show ID before he got away. The police could not help because neither of us was able to get a tag number. We're still trying to decide if this was just a whacko/stalker or whether I've unknowingly become part of some other problem. I'm not sure which would make me feel better or less like I've endangered my whole family. My first frantic thought after the safety of my family was....Oh no something is going to happen and I'll never have my surgery. I started gushing again today. I hope it's for the last time. Keep me/us in your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2000, 08:12 PM

((WOW)) Paula,

I hope you find out why this
person is following you. That
is enough to scare the living
daylights out of anyone and
be really concerned about family.

I will pray that this person
gets the help he/she needs and
that this will all mend itself
away and you can get on with
the major hurdles you are about
to cross over in your life.

~*May your guardian angel
bear witness in your daily
life and watch over you and
all of your family members*~
Unread 09-15-2000, 12:11 AM

Jeese Paula, I hope this situation works itself out of your life quickly. My prayers are with you and your family.
Blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2000, 07:47 AM

This is just way too weird!! Not to pry, but would there be any chance that your dh would think that you were having a fling and was having you followed? It just struck me funny that he would have confronted the man, not knowing what the guy was armed with! Please stay calm and try to think back to anything that might have happened recently where you were put in the middle....been in the wrong place at the wrong time, is there someone new at work that could be admiring you from afar? Either way, please be careful and try not to be out after dark if it's at all possible. You poor thing, you must be so frightened!! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please be careful and don't go anywhere alone...oh and always check the backseat of your car before getting in too!
Hmmm, sorry about sounding like a mom!!!
Unread 09-15-2000, 10:41 AM

Hi Cyd,
Thanks for the chuckle...I needed it. My DH knows I'm a good girl (most of the time)and as for the confrontation. My husband can be a bit of a hothead and doesn't always think before he acts. It will probably will get him in trouble one day but I think my level of panic did it for him that and the fact that this man was so intent on taping me that he never even saw my husband get in his truck and pull up right beside him to confront him. I'm trying my hardest to be safe.
Unread 09-15-2000, 11:40 AM

I didn't know that he pulled up to the guy while in his truck! Sure glad that I got a giggle out of you anyways! Laughter is the best medicine for just about anything! Please keep us posted...you could write a book on this one and make millions!!! Take care of yourself and be safe!
Unread 09-15-2000, 12:34 PM

Well, that's enough to really wake you up! Please be careful! I hope you figure out what is going on so that you can get some peace! Next time drive to the police station if you can or are able to think of it. I don't know what I'd do in a situation like that! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Stay Safe!
Unread 09-15-2000, 10:41 PM

Paula, I am in such shock at reading your post. Do be very careful. In order to bolster your spirits a bit, (In times of stress I tend to joke), I thought of a few explanations.

#1. The man wants you to be a member of the big brother house now that there is only one woman left.
#2. You've won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes and he's getting some candid shots of you before presenting the check.
#3. He thinks you are Elle MacPherson, Rebecca Romajn-Stamos, or Katherine Zeta Jones.
#4. He's really filming Elvis who is living next door to you.
#5. He's seen you do some pretty funny things and wants to capture it for America's Funniest Home Videos.
#6. You're cover is blown, you are one of the aliens that landed in Rozwell aren't you?
#7. You have Firestone tires on your vehicle and wants to get some explosion footage.
#8. It's one of the kids from the Blair Witch Project -- he still hasn't found a map and thinks he's still in Maryland.
#9. He's from Rosie or Oprah and they've finally decided to do a segment on the hystersister's web site.
#10. SMILE, you're on Candid Camera.

I hope these have cheered you a bit (given you a belly laugh) and eased some of your stress. Were I your husband, I would have slammed my truck into his car HARD.

You have my prayers.
Unread 09-17-2000, 02:06 PM

Paula - Please be careful...you just never know anymore. Always keep pencil and paper with you at all times to jot down identifying information...license number, color of clothing (shirt/slacks)...any marks on body - like scars and/or tattoos - color of vehicle etc. Remember the most important things first...license # on down.

Most "investigators" would not tell anyone that they were doing and investigation...even private PI's...however, I've known some that have been brazen enough when investigating for insurance co. (disability investigators) to actually video people up close. However, most investigators are trained not to be seen.

Again, please be careful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register