Estrogen dose | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estrogen dose Estrogen dose

Unread 08-28-2021, 08:00 AM
Estrogen dose

Hi have been on .05 of estrogen patches for years.
Several months ago, my breast nipples became very sore.
I stopped the estrogen for days and it went away.
Then, my gynecologist lowered my dose to .375
I did fine but the soreness happened again.
Now he lowered the dose to .025.
He said that dose should still offer support with my osteoporosis.
The breast pain is completely gone.
It has been two months on the .025

For the past week, I’ve been having hot/ chills, waking up from sleep during the night, brain fog, fatigue, muscle aches, and crying spells.
I contacted My gyn who hadn’t gotten back to me yet, so I saw a PA I’d seen in the past.
She said she’d put me back on the .0375 patch.
My breast pain could happen again.
She said I could try rubbing progesterone cream on them.
(I can’t take oral progesterone)
She said the .025 wasn’t strong enough for osteoporosis support.
And she said in two months I would see if a dose isn’t the right one.

So my gyn contacted me last night and said that I would know in two days if my dose wasn’t right.
(I had been ok till two months later on the .025 patch.)
He said to wait a couple of days and if not better, he wants to see me to discuss how he can increase my estrogen without breast pain.

I have some extra .0375 patches and feel like putting one on because I’m so miserable.

Which provider makes more sense to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2021, 12:06 PM
Re: Estrogen dose

I get breakthrough issues now and the .. if the nipples soreness has only been going on a short time before you saw your doctor , it most likely that it's fluctuations .. sore nipples means fluctuations or estrogen is dropping not Estrogen domonice . My doctor told me that when your ovaries are removed it's not too much Estrogen it's the lack off that is causing issues. Truthfully, I would had stayed on my usual dose a ride it out. Now, that you have decreased your dosage is causing more havoc.. we will have ups and downs through our life with fluctuations because we are not the same as women in natural menopause .. just have to ride it out
Unread 08-28-2021, 12:50 PM
Re: Estrogen dose

Thanks for your reply.
I just don’t understand why the nipple pain went away after I completely stopped.

I am miserable, but I guess I’ll go see my dr and find out what he plans to do to give me more estrogen without my breasts getting sore.
Do you think it can only take two days to find out your estrogen dose is not right?
I’ve had pains all over and stomach problems since my dose was lowered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2021, 09:37 PM
Estrogen dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj12345 View Post
Thanks for your reply.
I just don’t understand why the nipple pain went away after I completely stopped.

I am miserable, but I guess I’ll go see my dr and find out what he plans to do to give me more estrogen without my breasts getting sore.
Do you think it can only take two days to find out your estrogen dose is not right?
I’ve had pains all over and stomach problems since my dose was lowered.
I battle everyday with stomach, comes in cycles, for a week it can be stomach issues, bloating, dull stomach ache or just indigestion then I get a week or brain fog and memory issues, next it can be feeling a little anxious, just off and fatigue, really tired and depressed. Next , I can have a few days with little dizziness and off balance . Of course there is the good old insomnia that plagues me .. never feel refreshed when I wake , feel groggy as If I had a hangover and i don't drink ! .. if it's not one thing it's another. I don't think I have gone knew day that I feel normal and balanced . I just live with this and I have a few decent days but never really feel good . I hear my friends say how great they feel . I don't know how that feels anymore since I had my hysterectomy 30 years ago..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register