Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 07-Sep 13,2009 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 07-Sep 13,2009 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 07-Sep 13,2009

Unread 09-07-2009, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 07-Sep 13,2009

If your hysterectomy was between Sep 07-Sep 13,2009 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.***
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

***If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns! There's information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 07-Sep 13,2009

I'm excited to finally be posting in this forum. My surgery was yesterday and it went well. Doc said I had a very sick pelvis. That was very reassuring to hear.

I have eaten breakfat And lunch and have passed gas! Never knew if be so excited about that ha ha! My IV is out and so is the cath. Might be going home tomorrow!

Thank you everyone for all your support and advice!
Unread 09-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Mine yesterday, the 8th, went amazing! No repairs, home by 11 on Wed. Just sore, but not really any sorer then when I had the kids. No tears after all to deal with.

Tired, my throats a bit sore but otherwise doing well. Yesterday I didn't eat well, but today I've kept everything down, and had my first poot a little bit ago. Nothing from the bowels yet, but that's to be expected according to the Dr. Everything else working like a charm.

I'm so glad I found this site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2009, 08:10 AM

I finally had my surgery yeserday..I was completely terrified, but soo glad to have it behind me know. Getting the catheter out was the best thing ever.

I wish they would let me have some food! since monday night at midnight I hqave had a pudding, and a jelllo..
Unread 09-10-2009, 04:42 PM

I'm home now! Man does it feel good to be home!
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:24 PM

Had my LSH yesterday at 7:15am and came home today at 11:00am. So glad to be home and on the other side. DH is taking excellent care of me- I am so blessed to have him and the sisters on this wonderful site.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Elizabeth
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:57 PM

had my TVH yesterday at 2:30 stopped at I-Hop on the way home for some real food today at noon. It is great to be home and so nice not to feel weighed down and bloated. It is hard not to do more because I feel so much better!!
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:28 AM

Had my LAVH on Monday . Home, eating and drinking fine . Feel remarkably well - bit tired and dizzy but good so far!
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:17 PM

Just got home yesterday from surgery on 9th. Walking slowly but feeling better. My biggest problem is shoulder pain.
Unread 09-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Just arrived home 7:00 pm Friday evening

Had my TVH on Sept . 10th at about 9:00 am.
Woke up in extreme pain. Pain was managed by very attentive nurses with injections of morphine and demoral.
In recovery, I do not remember much. I woke up in my hospital room. For the first 10 hours or so I was able to have pain medication through my IV in my wrist every hour or so. Then the IV came out and we switched to 800 motrin for anti inflamitory, and Tylox. I had a bad reaction to Tylox(too dizzy and naseaus) SO i was started on hydromorphone pills. Much better!
My pain is worse when I lay on my back for too long. If I stand up and take little walks it improves a bit.
I had problems passing urine once catheter was removed, but the Nurse gave me a sitz bath and funny enough it works. I took it home. just in case, I rather not go into the ER saying I can't pee I need a Cath...

I am not sleeping well yet. Itt's 2:55 am right now..LOL
Maybe side effect of all the meds.
But I have nothing else to do but heal and rest.

Hope to hear from some of this weks sisters

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register