Monday Monday Dec 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Monday Monday Dec 13 Monday Monday Dec 13

Unread 12-13-2021, 11:58 AM
Monday Monday Dec 13

Just spent the morning at the ER with Mom and now she’s back playing Bridge. I told the staff the next time this happens, sort a near faint, cold sweat, disoriented, weak, just put her to bed. She’ll be fine shortly, most likely.

Thinking of you all, not sure what space everyone is in now. We are fine, and none the worse for wear at this point.

Hope you are all able to pull together for the holidays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2021, 05:27 PM
Re: Monday Monday Dec 13

Desk, I actually am fine despite all my complaining. I did acquire an eye infection which has been annoying but healing. I spoke with the surgeon today and looks like any surgery would be 2-3 months away anyway due to more testing etc. at this point I can think about it later as in not today at least. I’m supposed to lose some weight first if possible which seems so difficult. My friend said goodbye at work today. We’ll stay in touch but last time I’ll see her since she’s moving out of state.

Why does your mother have those spells? I guess it’s always a risk that hospitals will be more aggressive with invasive testing etc than you want but I’m surprised the facility didn’t call you first. Guess they were worried. I hope she’s ok now and you’re getting rest.

Hope everyone is doing ok and not too stressed by holiday season.
Unread 12-13-2021, 08:25 PM

Greyown, sorry about the eye infection. Hope that is simply an annoyance and not anything more risky. The weight issue is always a problem. You really do make an effort to eat well, not as willy-nilly as I’ve been recently, so good luck! I know how hard it is.

Kim, I hope you are starting to feel a little better. Do you vacation days to use up this year? Seems like you haven’t had a break this year, but the holidays are so hard.

Nirvana, are you enjoying a break now? I think of you with the fuel prices. Hope you are able to enjoy some winter weather in your cozy home!

Rita, are you resting if you aren’t hosting? Or are you still cooking goodies? I guess Christmas requires fun baking projects?

Heavensangel, are you winding up the grandkids or winding down their holiday excitement? I’m glad you have been able to have all this time with them.

As for my mother, I was with her this morning when she had that spell. I called the nurses and we (I) decided that we may as well make sure it’s not a stroke or something like she asks me every day. Next time we’ll just put her to bed or in a comfortable chair and let her rest. Company returns tomorrow and we go out to lunch on Wed for many many calories as I can never resist the fried oysters. We haven’t eaten IN a restaurant in two years.

Off to bed, it’s been a long day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2021, 06:06 AM

Desk, the eye thing seems resolved now so that’s good. The wt loss means I need more than good intentions, I need to actually buckle down.

Your mom asks if she’s had a stroke? That’s sad for her. I’m glad that’s not it but realize anything is possible for any of us. I worry about my mother for that reason. I’ve eaten in a restaurant a couple times, a small one. Hope you enjoy your experience!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register