smoking - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-20-2003, 08:20 PM
smoking

I didnt Quit smoking due to surgery.
I did quit a year and a half ago. I smoked a pack a day for 21 years, I was scared to quit and it took alot of will power. I couldnt imagine going through surgery and recovery AND trying to quit smoking all at once! If I were you ladies, recover first then try to quit, if your serious about quitting it will work. Try the patch, it worked great for me.
I still get a craving for a smoke now and then, but now I know how to stop thinking about it.
Good Luck to all of you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2003, 08:42 PM
smoking

I've been trying to quit so long, but knew this wouldn't be the time to do it. I compensate. I don't smoke in the house, so every time I go outside to smoke I walk around the yard to exercise. This way I don't feel so guilty about smoking. At least I'm able to get the walking part in too.
Triica
Unread 06-20-2003, 10:30 PM
never say never

I tryed the patch and it dosent work on me, the gum is good and I think when I recover Imgoing to try Committ its like a couch drop, well see how that goes.
It is hard to stop when I came home my girlfriend would go into another roomand smoke but the thing was I new it and I felt like I was missing out and was mad..Isent that funny to think that way?
Im going to still try but Im going to what till I recover to give it a fair chance..what a nasty habbit...
Kathy
P.S. Love all the response I got from you all it dose help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Wont relapse after this!!

After posting my whiny response about not smoking anymore and missing it, I searched for support on quitting and staying quit.
Boy did I find motivation - I'm posting the links listed below in the hope that it will help one of my fellow hystersisters to live a longer, happier, and healthier life. We deserve it!!

For those who think or have been told that they should wait until there is less stress in their lives before trying to quit, please read:
http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_04_15_n...e_support.html

For those who think they wont be afflicted with an illness or disease associated with smoking OR who think recovery from a hysterectomy was bad, please read about Bryan or Noni:
http://whyquit.com/whyquit/BryanLeeCurtis.html
http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Noni.html

Also, I found a really active message board with some very supportive folks at:
http://www.msnusers.com/FreedomFromT...s&all_topics=1

All of these links can be accessed from the main website at: http://whyquit.com/
Unread 06-23-2003, 03:46 PM
smoking

I quit in the hospital also, but the day I got out I smoked, I had this huge plan to quit before my hyst. So you are not alone. I also lost my father to lung cancer in january. That dident stop me from smoking, it is one of hardest addictions to stop. I will try to quit again soon, good luck to you.
Unread 06-23-2003, 04:48 PM
smoking

I, too, had big plans for quiting that were disreguarded by family members. I got the patches. Had my creme savers for cravings. Had every ash tray washed and packed away to give to my Aunt. And then I got home. My Aunt lit up as soon as I got in the car. I got a little car sick on the ride home. I thought that the smell of cigs may be why. So I thought good! I got home and she smoked in my home after I had asked her to go to my porch to smoke. I have very nice porch furnishings so she'd be comfy, but she just sat in my dining room and asked my nonconfrontational dbf for an ash tray. I did well for the next 4 days. But then I ran out of pain meds yesterday and begged my dbf to get me a cig. I couldn't get my doc to return my calls for more pain meds. So here I sit today, in my bed, w/ more pain pills and puffin. My doc told me today when he called just to wait until my pain and my hormones are leveled out. Then try again. So we all can try again when we are again ready! Good luck to all of us!
Unread 06-25-2003, 07:53 AM
smoking

Here's another website to try if you want to quit smoking. There are several message board forums and a chat room.

http://forums.quitnet.com/community/talk/forums.jtml

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register