Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself

Unread 11-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself

Name or Nickname~ Mary D.

Fitness Goal~ Get off my backside -- too much TV. Get motivated. Get active.

Number of pounds to loose~ 20

Favorite food before~ 'Bout anything put in front of me. I do like pizza, potato chips, pie, etc., etc., etc. Really -- anything put in front of me. I don't like to cook.

Favorite food now~ Same as before.

Favorite exercise~ Walking, stair climbing (real stairs -- I'm in a five story building).

Weight loss method~ Exercise and better eating in moderation. I have Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDs. Haven't used them yet. (Remember, I'm on my backside a lot.) Also have a number of books on yoga. Should read them and get to it. Anything to help reduce stress.

Biggest Challenge~ I am bordem and stress eater. Need more interests to keep me busy. Current stress is health problem -- DCIS (ductal carcinoma insitu). Therefore more medical bills than I was expecting. Hopefully bills won't be too bad. I do have medical insurance, but not as much coverage as when I was working.

Height~ 6'

Highest and current weight~ 155

Goal Weight~ 135

Comments~ I'm new (today) to Hyster Sisters and the Hormone Jungle. I think I've found the group to help me do this. You're bookmarked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2002, 06:14 PM
Looking for a support buddy

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ mizgroundhog
Fitness goal ~ Cook and eat healthier meals (in appropriate amounts) for both me and my family
Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 30
Favorite food "before" ~ everything!
Favorite food now ~ everything!!!1
Favorite form of exercise ~ Walking, light weights
Weight loss method ~ (Weight Watchers, Richard Simmons, etc.)Tried many things
Biggest challenge ~ Cooking healthy meals
Height (optional) ~ 5'8"
Highest weight (optional) ~ 182 currently
Goal weight (optional) ~ 150

Comments ~ I really need an email buddy to get started! I'm just 3 weeks post-op, and can only do light walking, but need to get my eating under control.

This site has been a Godsend to me! Bless each and every one of you!
Unread 12-25-2002, 03:07 PM

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Dasani
Fitness goal ~ run for 20-30 mins. without dying!
Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 30
Favorite food "before" ~ Various (all)-just like food
Favorite food now ~ various
Favorite form of exercise ~ step aerobics, yoga
Weight loss method ~ None yet
Biggest challenge ~ My appetite (it's huge)
Height (optional) ~ 5"9
Highest weight (optional) ~ 195
Goal weight (optional) ~ 165
Comments ~ Have tried many diets, have lost on all, hard to keep off! I've been a size 26 and also size 4 and everything in between. I feel I am a natural size 14.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2002, 05:17 PM

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Judi
Fitness goal ~ stay on aerobic machine 20 minutes 3x week. Dream goal ~ run a race. Progress ~ nil
Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ about 10 more, but gain none. I could stay where I am and be fine especially if I gain more muscle.
Favorite food "before" ~ Meat and potatoes, fine restaruant fare.
Favorite food now ~ Fried foods
Favorite form of exercise ~ weight machines
Weight loss method ~ lean animal protein, vegetables, low fat
Biggest challenge ~ Slow down and wait to see if I am still hungry. Did they starve me as a child?
Height (optional) ~ 5'5"
Highest weight (optional) ~ 150 a year postop.
Goal weight (optional) ~ 117
Comments ~ I love to cook. I read and collect cookbooks. This focus on food makes me hungry. I didn't gain because of hormones, but because of another medication, and the long recovery process.
Unread 12-31-2002, 03:51 PM

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Nancy

Fitness goal ~ Short term - Hike up Mt. Katahdin; Long term - Bike the Going to the Sun Highway.

Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 40

Favorite food "before" ~ so many carbs, so little time; cheese; chocolate

Favorite food now ~ ditto

Favorite form of exercise ~ Bicycling, hiking

Weight loss method ~ Healthy diet low in refined foods, dairy products and red meat, emphasizing fruit, vegetables, whole grains and poultry. Exercise - bicycling, hiking, strength training. Going to try Swiss ball workouts and Tai chi.

Biggest challenges ~ Boredom eating and travel eating. Getting my knee to heal (it's just a bruise!) so that I can start exercising again. Post-surgical body that clings tenaciously to every ounce.

Height (optional) ~ 5'9"

Highest weight (optional) ~ Probably 205 (I wasn't about to look at a scale)

Goal weight (optional) ~ 145

Comments ~ Writing this post has made me hungry. I think I'll go get a snack.
Unread 01-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Talking - Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself

Well Ladies...I decided to come on in here!

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Michele
Fitness goal ~ Lose weight, but mostly firm up, lose inches
Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 8-10 pounds
Favorite food "before" ~ Pasta
Favorite food now ~ Pasta!
Favorite form of exercise ~ Bicycling...member of Curves
Weight loss method ~ Lifetime WW member (not currently attending meetings)
Biggest challenge ~ Planning what I eat---always on the go!
Height (optional) ~ 5'7"
Highest weight (optional) ~ 146 pounds
Goal weight (optional) ~ 136-138
Comments ~ I NEVER BELIEVED IT WHEN I HEARD HOW HARD IT WAS TO LOSE WEIGHT IN YOUR 40'S....NOW I DO!! IT TAKES ME FOREVER TO DROP ONE MEASLY POUND!!!!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you and encouraging each other!

:Hug:
Unread 01-05-2003, 06:06 PM

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Audrey

Fitness goal ~ Be able to run without heart rate going too high (200) and without too much asthma

Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 10 - 12

Favorite food "before" ~ cookies!; any and all veggies

Favorite food now ~ trying to drop all carbs; fish, salad, any and all veggies

Favorite form of exercise ~ walking, running, swimming, dance, yoga, weights

Weight loss method ~ low carb/high protein; Exercise - back to yoga, I hope! and want to try Pilates

Biggest challenges ~ Besides "instant menopause"? Two slipped discs in my neck, spinal stenosis in lower back with constant pain; neurosurgeon doesn't want me doing ANY of my favorites . Eating while at the computer late at night.

Height (optional) ~ 5'5"

Highest weight (optional) ~ 170, during the world's worst toxemic pregnancy; now 138-140 (currently 135)

Goal weight (optional) ~ 120 - 125, but really want to get back to my 26" waist, 36" hips -- when I'm in shape, that can be up to 130 lbs.

Comments ~ I've hesitated to join here, as most people look at me and figure I have nothing to lose. But I sure could use that support to get that last 10 lbs...I refuse to join the school of thought that says hysterectomy "automatically" means weight gain and thickening in the middle.
Unread 01-06-2003, 11:24 AM
Wink - Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself the dream: fitness

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Mel

Fitness goal ~ To be able to do anything I wish and have my bod go along with it!... Skiing, running, Swimming whatever!

Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 40

Favorite food "before" ~ Carbs and Chocolate

Favorite food now ~ Same Same

Favorite form of exercise ~ Walking, Pilates

Weight loss method ~ (Weight Watchers, Richard Simmons, etc.) Low fat, low red meat, high veggies and fiber

Biggest challenge ~ night/comfort eating

Height (optional) ~ 5' 11"
Highest weight (optional) ~ 219 right before my surgery.. 200 now.
Goal weight (optional) ~ 160 (I would settle for a lower number :>

Comments ~ Want to be motivated to get back into exercising... hard to stick with it... even when I see the results and feel good about myself!
Unread 01-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Talking - Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself

Hi. I'm Trudy

My fitness goal- to be in great shape for a 43 yr old!

I want to lose about 10 lbs.

Favorite food is, of course, chocolate!!

Favorite exercise is kick boxing and light weights

To lose weight I am trying the Changeone plan by Readers Digest

My biggest challenge is portion control and over snacking

I'm 5'4" and 127 lbs. I've never been very heavy and these few extra lbs really bother me. I'd like to be about 118.

Most of the weight I've gained is in the belly and butt. I can't stand a fat belly.
Unread 01-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well, First of all, I have been reading this forum for quite some time now but have been too chicken to join in. Today I guess was my last straw when I went to the gyn's and had to get on the scale.

Some of you will totally understand where I am coming from, cause you've been there, and others will say "Whaaaaa, we don't want to hear it" and I can see it from your point of view as well. I have ALWAYS been thin, from the youngest that I can remember, even after having my children I never had a problem with my weight, I could always eat WHATEVER I wanted and never gained an ounce. Until I had my tubes tied and there has been a gradual gain ever since, at first it went VERY unrecognized because I was so thin and I really needed the extra weight. BUT.....in the last 14 months or so it has just gotten out of hand, I attribute it to not feeling well and doing alot of lying around, which is true. But I've just finished my second surgery and and will be 6 weeks post-op tomorrow.....so no more excuses. It's hard when for 33 years I've eaten anything that I wanted and now I have to diet, it's like a foreign language to me.

Just being on here and saying "I need to lose weight" is a BIG step for me. So...here I am and I have no idea of how I am going to do it but I guess I have to start somewhere right? My Dr gave me a script today for Bontril, I've never heard of it, but just the fact that I have it is enough to make me want to cry.

I know there are much more important things in life than what size clothing you wear...but along with the weight has came sluggishness and a low self esteem so I do think it is important to me to lose weight.

Well, thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Dawn

Fitness goal ~ To feel good and look good.

Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~45-50

Favorite food "before" ~ No one thing in particular....just food.

Favorite food now ~same

Favorite form of exercise ~ walking, swimming (when it's warm enough and I'm feeling up to it)

Weight loss method ~AS of right now I have this way of starving myself until I can't take it any longer and then eat everything that I can get my hands on. I know, I know, someone kick me.

Biggest challenge ~ Food and emotional or boredom eating especially late at night.

Height (optional) ~5'8"
Highest weight (optional) ~. whaaaaa!! Today when I stepped on the scales at my 6 week check-up!!!! 178!!
Goal weight (optional) ~ 135

Thanks Ladies, I'm hoping to gain some inspiration from here so that I can get some of this weight off, now that I am beginning to feel pretty good, I have no more excuses. Is there somewhere that I can check in daily or weekly...just to keep myself in line???

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register