Suddenly numb feet 3+ years out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suddenly numb feet 3+ years out Suddenly numb feet 3+ years out

Unread 05-28-2021, 06:03 AM
Suddenly numb feet 3+ years out

Hi,
My feet are suddenly going numb. I had my ovaries, cervix, uterus, 95% of my omentum removed, and 12 lymphnodes removed August '17 at age 47, by way of the Divenchi method. I had 2 forms of cancer. Endometrial and Clear Cell. Stage 1C. This was followed by 6 rounds of chemo. Carboplatnium and taxol. (I'm just going to spell everything wrong today, so hang in with me). It's been an odyssey. I use my body to make my living. I have had a great deal of nerve pain, that started right after surgery. Left thigh, left side of abdomen, left lower rib, and left forearm from chemo. (The tumor was 11cm on the left ovary and the doc didn't want to do a c section because of my career). Anyway, Effexor has been a bit of a miracle lately with shutting down the nerve pain. But on Sunday my feet started going numb. They got a flipflop pattern of numbness during chemo and we had to back off the taxol some. And that pattern reoccurred on Sunday and now my feet feel numb beyond the pattern. I've been trying to sort out IBS and I know that it exacerbates the nerve damage. I have to be very careful about what I eat. Anyway, I saw my GP yesterday and she wasn't particularly useful. I did ask for blood work for inflammation and vitamin deficiencies etc. I do take estrogen. I made it a year post chemo and tanked hard. My skin dried out, the hot flashes devoured me, and the darkness settled in over me in such a way that the cancer doc said that quality of life was at stake. I love estrogen. Anyway. Has anyone else battled around with numbness and IBS? I really don't want to get in the tube, and I have feeling it's not cancer. Thank you for reading and considering. I think I'm nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2021, 07:25 PM
Re: Suddenly numb feet 3+ years out

First, take some deep breaths as it really does help calm and center us. Off the top of my head, I don't recall extremity numbness being mentioned as an initial sign of gyn cancer recurrence. Perhaps it is somehow related to your other treatment associated issues (the gifts that keep on giving), and you could check with your gyn/onc? It's always better to get these things investigated sooner than later, and you also don't want to be needlessly suffering, if there is a treatable explanation.

SO glad to hear you've been three years plus clear! That's wonderful! Sending hugs and every good thought your way!

Unread 06-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Re: Suddenly numb feet 3+ years out

Hi rocket70

Numbness (peripheral neuropathy) is common after certain types of Chemotherapy. I had Cisplatin and experienced numbness in my feet after the second treatment. It was temporary, but six years later I have some numbness on both heels and two toes. It doesn’t bother me unduly, and I’ve never sought treatment for it.

I’ve also got IBS from all the pelvic radiotherapy I had, which causes me problems from time to time. I have good medication and am careful with my diet.

Best wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register