Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 151 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Is everyone still sleeping? I wish I were. I must be fighting off a bug. In 2 weeks or when I get the ok, I will be fighting off a great big bug!hehe. I hope my drive will finally come back. I am really worried about that. The Doc gave me Andriol (testosterone) pills to take for that. But my body is so incredablly sensitive to drugs. I took it for about 4 days and noticed my moods were woohoo. So I quit. I just hope that it will come back naturally. I do take "sex essentials". Its from the health food store and does work when my body feels like it. Oh That was before the surgury. I won't take anything until she gives ok. I just wanted something with more umph. Oh well. I just pretend. Makes him happy!!

So with $38.00 in my account and no medical EI in sight,I called Fri and they said maybe another 21 days!!!!!!!, I recieved my Income Tax Refund!! Wow! I have been pkay up till yesterday, and have been able to have all bills paid except my Visa. I did call them on Friday after I talked to EI and told them what was happeneing and was bawling, and they let my monthly payment for April fall!!!! I could have reached right through the phone and kisssed the girl and her manager who ok'd it! I knew there was good people out there! Just not as EI!
I said "where are the priorities in this? This is a medical issue. Not me not wanting to work. I just had my uterus cut out and cannot have any more babies, I have only 1, and I am only 32!!!! ANd your telling me I have to wait 21 more days to get a check that I pay for!!????? I know people who have gone through 6 jobs last year and didn't like them so he quit! and he got EI lickitysplit! Where the *#*@ is the priorities?" I also said "I am not yelling at you." The whole time I am crying! I couldnopt help it. SOOOO I am going to try and do something about this. When I had my baby it didnot take this long. What a slap. BUT Whatever. Karma is a beautiful thing!!wink wink!
well lets see what today brings us! Oh for me a BM already! but now i have to stick close to bathrooms!Sorry TMI!!

Happy thoughts, positive thinking, positive body!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneybug
Is everyone still sleeping? I wish I were. I must be fighting off a bug. In 2 weeks or when I get the ok, I will be fighting off a great big bug!hehe. I hope my drive will finally come back. I am really worried about that. The Doc gave me Andriol (testosterone) pills to take for that. But my body is so incredablly sensitive to drugs. I took it for about 4 days and noticed my moods were woohoo. So I quit. I just hope that it will come back naturally. I do take "sex essentials". Its from the health food store and does work when my body feels like it. Oh That was before the surgury. I won't take anything until she gives ok. I just wanted something with more umph. Oh well. I just pretend. Makes him happy!!

So with $38.00 in my account and no medical EI in sight,I called Fri and they said maybe another 21 days!!!!!!!, I recieved my Income Tax Refund!! Wow! I have been pkay up till yesterday, and have been able to have all bills paid except my Visa. I did call them on Friday after I talked to EI and told them what was happeneing and was bawling, and they let my monthly payment for April fall!!!! I could have reached right through the phone and kisssed the girl and her manager who ok'd it! I knew there was good people out there! Just not as EI!
I said "where are the priorities in this? This is a medical issue. Not me not wanting to work. I just had my uterus cut out and cannot have any more babies, I have only 1, and I am only 32!!!! ANd your telling me I have to wait 21 more days to get a check that I pay for!!????? I know people who have gone through 6 jobs last year and didn't like them so he quit! and he got EI lickitysplit! Where the *#*@ is the priorities?" I also said "I am not yelling at you." The whole time I am crying! I couldnopt help it. SOOOO I am going to try and do something about this. When I had my baby it didnot take this long. What a slap. BUT Whatever. Karma is a beautiful thing!!wink wink!
well lets see what today brings us! Oh for me a BM already! but now i have to stick close to bathrooms!Sorry TMI!!

Happy thoughts, positive thinking, positive body!
I've been on disability since 3/10....I have yet to see a check. They have contacted my dr. twice. They always want more and more information. If they needed so much info they should of had a video camera in the delivery room. This is ridiculous...I have $14 in the bank. I had to use up all my vacation time first. My last paycheck was almost 4 weeks ago. The last phone call to my dr. was yesterday then then say they need 5 days to review. I started this process in January. It's insane. I need money. I'm probably going to be out another 7 weeks......I am trying to go back part-time from home on the 28th but the dr. isn't thrilled with that. Plus the HR dept at my job have to review and approve it. Knowing where I work....it will take weeks to get approval for that. It's crazy. Recovery is hard enough without the added worry of financial issues.

Ugh!
Unread 04-17-2008, 09:06 AM

So sorry to hear that you have had trouble with pay.I am an insurance professional,I work for an insurance company.Call you're state department of insurance every state has one & make a complaint you will get paid quicker that is utterly rediculous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 09:18 AM

So I made it another night without a pain pill,but I noticed I wake up now.Probally cause that painpill knocked me out.I wake up like alert & sweaty.& Feeling my little hip & pelvis aches.Last night I took a Tylenol.I think tonight I will try advil & glucosamine. I know probally a painpill at bedtime is no big deal I just dont want to feel like I have to take it to sleep.If it gets to be a real issue I can take a sleep aid.
I never have problems sleeping.I am gonna pep talk my loan ovary today."Listen here it's just me & you ,...I already have chin hairs,I'm not ready for the goatee,you can't fail me now girl I go back to work in a week & we need our sleep"!I have chin hairs & cheek fuzz so dont anyone with a goatee be offended!!!!Tuna I am also tall 6ft. my Pjs are always floods.I have a son 6ft1 & my daughter is 5ft6.Thankfully they do make longer pants now I love New York & Company.My belly has shrunk it only pops out after dinner.I was really worried about the peeing,before the surgury when I had to go I was goin no matter what dry thoughts I thought.But thankfully that feeling is gone,I think the giant ovary & fibroidy uterus must have left little bladder space.
Unread 04-17-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
So sorry to hear that you have had trouble with pay.I am an insurance professional,I work for an insurance company.Call you're state department of insurance every state has one & make a complaint you will get paid quicker that is utterly rediculous!
I'm going to call the disability company today. I'm sure the answer I'm going to get is it is "under review". What's to review. I had major, very invasive surgery....should I send them pictures of my perineum, vagina, and rectum to prove it! Geesh.......

If I don't get a decent answer today, then tomorrow I will file a complaint. Almost 6 weeks, no check. It's ridiculous!
Unread 04-17-2008, 10:07 AM

I gave my Doc the paper work,and had the office give me a copy,& fax a copy to work.That way I saw it was complete.It still took a while to get approval.But I never missed a pay.It is unacceptable to delay payment that way.& They will give you every excuse in the book.Having learned this lesson from now on when dealing with an insurance company "Get it in writing" Whatever they ask of you get a copy.Whatever you send them keep a copy.Whoever you talk to record the date & time & name. It gets things done.I have been in insurance for 10yrs.Every area,every department has people working in it,who don't always stay on task.In my opinion you can't afford to keep people like that employed.It is an important job,people count on you,and laws protect those people.So my dear don't even feel shy about making a complaint.The State holds insurance companies responsible to keep the contractual promise they make you when they take you're money.
Unread 04-17-2008, 10:17 AM

Well, I just got off the phone with <oops! name of insurance company removed per site guidelines!>. I got the recording. Actually, I got two. The first one was that my claim was suspended based on the fact they needed more info from the dr. The very next recording said a check was sent out to cover my first three weeks on 4/14. So......the way I figured things are working is this:

The check was cut based on information the received from the doctor last week. The nurse keeps me updated whenever the insurance company contacts her.

The suspension on the same day was for them to review it, like they do every so often to make sure you are still not able to work. Now, they got that info yesterday. The nurse called me while she was on the phone with them. So I'm thinking based on that followup I'll get a check next week for this week. Confusing.....but I think I've got them figured out.

The doc is letting me pretty call the shots of when I go back to work. They told them that I can't work full-time in the office because I am still on heavy duty pain meds and I still have an open wound that is healing with complications. I'm allowed to work from my bed part-time.

I still have a very long recovery and I will probably use up the max of 12 weeks. But as long as I can work from home.....I shouldn't have to worry about losing my job. At the 12 week mark, I should be able to work full-time from home, which I did for two months before surgery anyway. So we'll see how it goes.
Unread 04-17-2008, 10:24 AM

Glad to hear,,sorry it makes me irate no one can afford that these days especially with children to take care of & trying to heal.....Well I am off to see my Grandson aka "cuteness!"I will be home later completely high from snuggles,drools,kicks,& kisses!Being a grandparent is a great blessing
Unread 04-17-2008, 11:21 AM
5 weeks post op puzzle

Hello out there,

I hope everyone is doing what they can to pamper the princess. Here is my progress puzzle.
#1 I have been getting up a little at a time and dusting is allowed.
#2 I started picking up things then realized that might not be as good as dusting because of the bending. I get , achy and sweaty down there.
#3 laundry is exhausting when your dryer is out and gotta take things out to another location. I let the DS and DD to the drying.
#4 I am a master at digging in the fridge and warming up what's there. Ihave been blessed as most of my meals are planned and cooked by the DH, DD, and DS-who burns it.
#5 :steer: been driving for 2 weeks but, had to recover from the drive, stair climb to get down from apartment to the car.
#6 gained another 6 pounds but, lost some volume in the belly. I can zip some clothes up now. I swole up before the weight gain.
#7 paying bills never easy. harder now that larger portion of income now goes to insurance, co-pays, and I am not working. company closed, going to court to get salary owed, and Thank God for faith, fight, and grit to forge on.
#8 I about to run the mommy marathon
to get doc appointments done for the kids, ENT, DERM, ALLergy, Urology, Sleep study, Autism IEP, 504meetings, advocacy, Summer Camp, volunteer oppotunities for teen DD & DS.
#9 yes I did see string from suture and thought I shouldn't have seen that.
#10 Those weird air sounds from other places are alarming but much better than being blocked. Not a problem for me, I have gastrointestinal problems with soy. Lots of heart burn since surgery. Robs me of sleep if I eat dinner after 4pm. Anybody else stomach is at war after you eat?
Well hope you survive my next post. Hope you have a little distraction from your boring recovery time.
Thanks for distracting me. Keep thriving.
Unread 04-17-2008, 11:34 AM

hey girls!
Went to the doc today for 4 wk check-up, well the good news is I can drive and bend over. Then the bad news.....no sex yet......man I was hopin!...lol...so 2 more wks then we see how it goes....

Carmelhoney9709,

Spoken like a True Woman!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register