Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 03:26 PM
More and more.....

Well, just as I thought things were going great....hysterectomy wise they are wonderful, but I also had repair of my vaginal cuff (from having a 10lb 6oz baby), so the repair involved having the scar tissue from previous episiotomies has been a nightmare....it really did not hurt up until yesterday....and the pain was excruciating....so much that Dilaudid wasn't even touching the pain!

This afternoon the DH drove me to the Dr.'s office for a wound check....unfortunately a few of the stitches separated and it is like having a 4th degree laceration (after having a baby) all over again...he told me to use an antibiotic vaginal cream 1/wkly x's 3 wks, boil black tea bags and appropriately position (lol), sitz bathes prn and keep plenty of Dermaplast on hand....Most all of this makes sense to me, except with all of the boys and vaginal births, I was never told to use black tea bags.....has anyone heard of that?????

I'm so glad to have found my Sisters in Princesshood....the DH and family are very much not understanding how much pain and emotions are sliding on the roller coaster....they think that because it is Post-Op Day 9, that I should be back into SuperMom/SuperWife Mode....not happening.....probably me thinking that I was ready to move forward and do my everyday activities has aggravated my Who-Ha...and now I have to nurse and pamper it.

Hysterectomy wise everything seems wonderful and pain free....Who-Ha wise, everything is a disaster.

Princess in misery....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Denise,

You are in my thoughts in prayers. I am relieved that you have gone to the ER...get everything under control NOW before it escalates to the next level and it not able to be managed and controlled.

Take care!

Jenn
Unread 03-24-2008, 05:24 PM

Denise,

I am so glad to hear that you have gone to the ER...Please keep us updated. I will be praying for you and your healing.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 05:34 PM

hmmmmmm. Anyone else worried about our Denise?
Unread 03-24-2008, 05:48 PM

jenn4july - Great that your TVH went so well and recovery. So sorry about the Who-ha pain and problems! Yes, tea bags are great for that! Learned about that years ago. Does work wonders, so use them! They aid in tissue repair and healing. Hope you are feeling better "there" soon!
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahester65
Had my surgery on 3/12 and came home on the 14th. It's been 11 days and I still am not feeling like myself. I also have swelly belly going on and I seem to get tired very easy. It's been hard letting other people do everything for me, not use to that Husband and kids have been great though. I am wondering how long does it take to at start to feel like your old self? One can only watch so much TV and read so much.
Glad you joined our group! None of us can tell you when you will feel like you old self, we're all wonderin' that ourselves! Must stay tuned to find out the ending! =-)
I had my surgery the same day as you, and I think we are expecting too much if we think we will be back to our old selves anytime this early. I, of course, like you, keep thinking the same thing, and keep having to tell myself: "Whoa girl! You just had major surgery and they messed around and cut and sewed and who knows what all in there and you expect to be back to your old speed this soon??!!!"
I figure that in the big picture a few weeks or a tad more, is not really that long and we do so much for others all the time, it is okay to be on the receiving end for however long it takes to get back to speed and activities. Just think...you will probably be better than ever after all the healing is done, so why rush it? And also I have found that I have been reading all sorts of interesting things off the internet that I never would have otherwise. I have been researching a couple of things that I have wanted to learn about for a long time. So think of something that you may be interested in learning and google it and you will be amazed at all the interesting things you can learn about. I am thinking that I will never have enough time now to learn all I want to learn before I have to be back to my regular routines! I am a cooking and baking fanatic, and have learned ever so much about some things that will be great to know! My wandering on the web has led me to learning about wood fired bread baking and pizza ovens for the home user and my dh is now planning on putting one in our outdoor area this summer! I am so excited! Artisan breads and pizzas galore will be coming this summer here! Yum!
That has only been the beginning of the new stuff I have learned while I have been recuperating! I have so many new projects I want to do when I am all well...
so maybe you can make use of your down time to figure out something you really want to learn about. Have fun!
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:16 PM

Today I had to see the Uro to follow up on my TVT, all is good on my bladder. During the exam Dr had to check my who ha and it was very uncomfortable (think reverse of hot dog in a hallway) After this I am scared of the thought of sex.

Nicoler76 I too am a Big Brother AD fan I laughed so hard last night at Chelsia's FREAK OUT!!!! I told dh I thought she was drunk.
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:22 PM

Hey Denise, any news for us yet on how you are doing???
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:29 PM

Well, girls......I went to the clinic and was met by the chief resident and she pulled in the GYN-Oncologist that has done these types of surgery before and turns out is covering for my UroGyn (turns out he is also good friends with my doc and her doc husband.) So I'm quite sure he'll get word back to her. He was very familiar with my case and I felt I was in very competent, experienced hands.

The walk from the front doors of the hospital to the Woman's Health Clinic on the 4th floor took me 20 minutes. My mom, God Bless her, kep saying, "let me get a wheelchair, let me get a wheelchair". I just walked 'cause I can't sit. So I held on to the trail of handrails and made it to the clinic. They paged both docs and took me directly in the back.

Girls....I swear.....I felt like I was 98 years old. The nurse who took me to the back had to hold on to me while I held on to the hand rails. Once on the table I just kept falling asleep.

Anyhow.....I broke down and explained EVERYTHING. Of course, the checked me which involved the dreaded speculum (a very small one of course) and a rectal exam (by both docs, 'cause remember one is a resident). They said the tissue is granulating (healing) and everytime they just touch it with a q-tip it would bleed. But the felt this is normal.

But the answer was the dreaded......"normal". I did get a lesson the seriousness in my surgery. It's much more extensive and serious than what I had thought. They also made me look at everything. Ladies.....I am not exagerating when I say that it looks like something straight out of a slasher movie. I'm bruised, cut, stitched, and fileted.

I hate to say it but I it's like I WANTED something to be wrong so they could fix it and then I would feel all better. I just didn't want to think all of this that I am going through was "normal". How in the heck can it be normal, if I am so miserable for so long. They did do a CBC but told me to go home and they would call me if anything was abnormal.

I came home and slept until 7:30. Then ate about 1/2 a bowl of Cream of Potato soup. I'm done.
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Regarding TEA BAGS

Jenn, when I was breastfeeding my nipples cracked and bled in the hospital (no one told me this happens, and even more so with fair skin- I am very light)
So the older nurses would bring me teabags to place on my nipples. The natural tannin (I think they said) in them sort of toughens the tender skin and helps it heal.
I guess it follows they would be helpful to a hurtin' hoo-ha!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register