Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Oh, Idabug....I'm sorry you feel this way. We had our surgery the same day and I can't even imagine that I'm anywhere close to going back to work. Right now, I'm thinking if I never went back to work again, it would be too soon.

Feel better and hang on 'til Monday.

Besides, I need you here!!!! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:51 PM

I have been getting daily calls from work....I hope I gave them good answers because percocet and vicodin do wild things to my head. I still have 4 more weeks off. I can't imagine going back now. It seems that all I do is sleep all day.

Pam
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:07 PM

Work (a/k/a Satan's Armpit) called me THE MORNING I WAS ON MY WAY TO THE HOSPITAL FOR SURGERY!

They had also suggested I use my recuperative period to brush up on new tax laws. (now you see why they are Satan's Armpit)
It is just so stressful, I really should look for another job....

Meanwhile I am staying out on disability for as long as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:10 PM

Thanks ladies for the input on my nausea question. I know it is not pain meds as I am not taking them. But I think your comment, jenn4july, about the hormone thing might be a possibility. I too had out the ovaries and no HRT, so maybe it's that. I do get the swelly belly thing going on and it seems to happen sometimes, but not always with the nausea, so I guess it is all related. I so was looking forward to a brief walk outside, it was sunny today and snow expected tomorrow! I wanted some sunshine! But like ibabug, I am taking a day off. Whew! This is what it must feel like to be 90! That is how I feel today!
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:11 PM

11 days postop...yeah!! Ugh! Why do I do this to myself? After going to the mall yesterday I decided to go to Wal-mart and Target today. I had to buy a Baby Shower gift for Friday. Then I forgot my oldest dtr. has a birthday party on Friday so we end up going to another store after dinner. I am completely exhausted, but still awake. I keep getting these burning, shooting pains around my midsection all around my belly button. I'm going to take my last Percocet tonight. The only other thing I have to do this week is cook something or bring something to the baby shower....it's Mexican. Got any ideas?
Oh the kicker of the night was my hubby was doing something upstairs and let the youngest get into stuff downstairs. I came home to playdoh all over the table and crumbs on the floor. Egg on the carpet, kitchen floor, and counter. Easter eggs on the table and floor. Dirty dishes all over the kitchen (leftover from dinner, like why do I have to empty the flippin dishwasher all the time). Leftovers on the counter. ***??? So guess who got to clean up the mess....yup me! The kids would never dream of doing anything like this when I'm home. DH was totally oblivious. GRRRR!!!
The maternity wear is working out well except the pants slide down a bit. I need body velcro...LOL!

DeniseS everytime I read your posts it makes me go ouch. I can't even imagine having surgery on my back door. OUCH!

My work called 3 days after my surgery to see when I'd be back. I said I would know more after my 2 wk postop visit. Hello!!! The person who called me has had a hyster...she should know. I know I'm not quite ready yet. If I had a desk job sure no problemo, but I'm a nurse who is on my feet for 12 hr. shifts, pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.

I'll have to say alot of what we're experiencing is the same and I'm glad I have a place to vent, share my experiences, laugh, cry, and make new net friends.
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:42 PM

People are just so inconsiderate sometimes. I have been over employees in the past and could not think of calling someone to come back to work so soon after MAJOR surgery. I have a desk job and told them I will be gone for at least six weeks. Even if I feel better by 4 I am still staying home because we are still healing inside!! GRRRRR
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:02 PM

My job is a pretty east. Sometimes stressful and at times requires lifting heavy lifting of boxes of documents from my office to home. But for the most part all of my work can be done electronically from home. I can phone in for meetings but if I had to I live right up the street I could be in the meeting in 15 minutes if it's important enough. The best part is I can work part-time or full-time from home once I get back.

My boss was very smart. Although I kept telling him over and over that I'd probably only be offline two weeks and back at least part-time by the third week, he ignored me. He made us plan things out for the worse case scenario. Soooo.....If I need to be out completely for the entire 12 weeks I can do it. Then when I go back it will just be part-time from home. At leeast that's the plan.

But I haven't heard from a single soul at work. I have no idea whether they know I'm dead or alive. I think I'm slightly offended that no one has at the very least called my house to see how I'm doing. Oh, well. Guess I'm not as important as I thought I was.
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS

But I haven't heard from a single soul at work. I have no idea whether they know I'm dead or alive. I think I'm slightly offended that no one has at the very least called my house to see how I'm doing. Oh, well. Guess I'm not as important as I thought I was.
Wow! Not even a get well card or e-card? That would just be the caring thing to do. Has nothing to do with importance of the particular job one has, just caring about another human being for goodness sake! I'm sorry they have not done that. good thing you have the ladies on this site who care! =D
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:26 PM

Actually, I've emailed the admin for our department twice but haven't heard a single word from anyone else. Hey, it's an HMO....they don't treat their employees any better than their members.

No big deal to me....just makes me that much unmotivated to get back to work anytime soon. I'm going to take my full 12 weeks of disability then I'm only going to go back part-time for like 6 months. If they don't like it....who cares. Thankfully I'm in a position that I don't really have to work if I don't want to. I basically word for a few benefits, to fund my 401K, and give me something to do so I don't lose my mine. My doc and I have already worked it out.

Honestly, I guess being the princess that I am....I really expected flowers waiting for me at home. But...nope, they have definitely forgotten me.
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:08 AM

My Director, admissions coordinator, and the neuropsychologist that I work with showed up at the hospital the day after surgery. I was sitting up in a chair only half covered up by a hospital gown trying to eat blue jello and moaning from gas pains. Had to let a couple go while they were there. Just a little embarassing. He still wants to know why I need 6 weeks off and required it "in writing" from my physcian before I could take it. Gee I do work in a hospital you think that they would understand surgery???????????
Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register