Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Wipes Recommendation Please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Wipes Recommendation Please Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Wipes Recommendation Please

Unread 07-25-2021, 06:30 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Wipes Recommendation Please

Ok, this is a question I never thought I’d have to ask…

What brand wipes do you buy? I used to use Kirkland/Costco brand wipes for my babies and loved them. I found the store bought ones to not be as soft/effective. What brand do you all recommend for use on ME? And if they’re baby wipes vs adult flushable wipes, what do you do with them? I mean, do you just put your soiled wipes in the trash can? That seems really gross to me. Lol I just saw a commercial for DUDE wipes. Has anyone tried those?

Hope everyone is feeling loved and brave today! If not, I’m sending a giant hug out to the universe for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2021, 08:44 PM
Re: Wipes Recommendation Please

Hi D0!Need!t -

I do not have any wipe recommendations. I never had children so never had any experience. I have done several bowel preps over the years, and just dealt with it without wipes.

It is my understanding that there is really no such thing as a flushable wipe, regardless of what the package says. While pretty gross, just throw them in the garbage.

Unread 07-25-2021, 09:47 PM
Re: Wipes Recommendation Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0!Need!t View Post

What brand wipes do you buy? I used to use Kirkland/Costco brand wipes for my babies and loved them. I found the store bought ones to not be as soft/effective. What brand do you all recommend for use on ME? And if they’re baby wipes vs adult flushable wipes, what do you do with them? I mean, do you just put your soiled wipes in the trash can? That seems really gross to me. Lol I just saw a commercial for DUDE wipes. Has anyone tried those?

Hope everyone is feeling loved and brave today! If not, I’m sending a giant hug out to the universe for you!
We use flushable wipes for ourselves - thicker versus Wet Wipe brand. We do not flush them. We line our trash can with a grocery bag. We have a septic so not supposed to go in there. Actually, your city sanitation would probably say the same.

We have a pool and leave them in the main washroom so even guests can cleanup before reentering the pool. I like them after a bm mostly because I find toilet paper leaves residue. I use tp first though. I used often when bleeding for periods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2021, 10:43 PM

I use water wipes because they are so pure. They are not flushable tho, but i put them in a small split lid foot pedal stainless trash can. Gross but it works! Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0!Need!t View Post

Unread 07-26-2021, 06:38 AM

I once saw a daytime TV segment showing what happens when those "flushable" wipes reach the sewer system, and it left me feeling like I wanted to throw up, as would the sight and smell of soiled wipes in my garbage. One alternative for easier wiping is to take a wad of ordinary toilet paper and spritz it with water, or just spit on it if nothing else is available. Wishing you all the best for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery!
Unread 07-26-2021, 11:10 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Wipes Recommendation Please

We use toilet paper first so the wipes really don't smell. IMO no more gross than tampons or pads in the trash. (We are on septic and were not supposed to flush tampons either). They clean up blood and small things that might have been missed with tp. Been doing so for years and never an issue.

They are also good to cleanup/refresh before or after sex, after the gym, first thing in the morning if you're going straight to the gym, after using the toilet before reentering the pool...

I often buy those with Aloe so slight aloe fragrance.

My mom was so glad to discover them as an elderly woman who had a few issues.
Unread 07-29-2021, 04:52 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 7/29: Wipes Recommendation Please

I use T.N Dickinson's Witch Hazel wipes. The best in my opinion.

((HUGS))
Unread 08-04-2021, 05:22 PM

I asked the question so felt I needed to circle back and let you know… I don’t need wet wipes! Back to Costco they go! I don’t think most people will need them..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register