Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021

Unread 08-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021

I wanted to join in to welcome you and let you know that it will be my pleasure to be your recovery thread sister to help you on your recovery journey.

It has been only a few years since I was in your place! Let me tell you I was a bundle of nerves; it was hard not to be afraid of the unknown. Thankfully I found some of the articles on this website and the sisters posting on the forums helped put some of my fears to ease. So BREATHE and have faith that you are in good hands with your surgeon and medical team.

There are no easy answers to the questions of recovery limitations, when I can drive and return to work etc. We are all different and factors for each of you, your health, the type of surgery and the reason you are having surgery. What is the same is that this is major surgery and healing needs to happen both inside and out and no matter what can’t be rushed. It is so important to be patient and listen to your body. It is the key in helping to heal.

Glad you have found this website with tons of useful information to assist you for optimal healing. Take some time and read thru the suggested tips and links in this forum. Here are a few of my favorite links to share when preparing for surgery.

50 Things I Wish I Knew Before Surgery
10 Tips for Preparing for Your Hysterectomy
6 Things Your HysterSisters Think You Should Do When Preparing for Your Hysterectomy

If you did not find what you were looking for in the above links or from others who have posted here, then click and do your own search on particular topics.
Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

My advice, (easy to give, but might be hard to follow) Try to relax and lean on your personal support system as well as those here that have traveled the road before you.

My thoughts will be with each of you on your surgery day, imagine you are enveloped in big warm hugs full of love, support and healing energy. I will be waiting on the other side when you are ready to post after your surgery on the special recovery thread set up just for those having surgery this coming week.

LADIES YOU GOT THIS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2021, 07:44 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021

Sending hugs for a safe surgery and speedy recovery
  Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelPaige View Post
Hi. My name is Rachel. I am 48. I am having a total laparoscopic hysterectomy on Tuesday. I was diagnosed w uterine cancer grade 1 and complex hyperplasia. I was hemorrhaging blood for 3 weeks prior which led to a d&c and the discovery of cancer. I am a single working mom of a 6 yr old boy. We live in Boca Raton Fl physically but mentally and spiritually I am still in my hometown of NYC which I left over a year ago bc of the pandemic. I lost my dad to covid in May 2020 and watched him take his last breath on FaceTime. I am terrified to go into the hospital for the surgery w these hiking covid numbers in the S Florida area.

Grateful for this group.
Unread 08-01-2021, 07:48 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021

Things will be fine. Keep calm. Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberBelle View Post
I'm Dixie, and I am 43. My hysterectomy is scheduled for this Thursday. I am keeping my ovaries. I keep moving from being nervous to being fairly calm. I am worried about being in the hospital for two days during the pandemic. However I keep telling myself that my doctor seems confident all will go well, and I am fairly young and strong, so I hope it will help with my recovery.

I wish love and light for everyone going through the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2021, 07:52 PM

I was scheduled to have a total hysterectomy on 8/3 however, my new date is in September. I had a lot of anxiety that skyrocketed and at first against my better judgment they wanted the procedure to occur at a surgical center. So much was happening to delay the surgery that I decided the universe was against it being at the surgical center. I had it rescheduled for another date and to occur at a hospital. The way things were going I know my blood pressure was high and I had to much paranoia/anxiety to move forward. Besides that I didn't have all of that before I shared with others I was having the procedure. I wish everyone a safe surgery and speedy recovery. Sending positive thoughts your way and hope you are all feeling better soon.
Unread 08-01-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jharrison59 View Post
Hi! I’m having a total hysterectomy on Thursday in Oklahoma City and I’m very scared! The surgery scares me most because I’m overweight and the recovery scares me because I’m nervous about the pain. I just don’t know what to really expect.

My boyfriend will be with for 12 days but after that I’ll be by myself. Do you all think I’ll be ok/fine to take care of myself after 12 days!

Thank you!!
Jennifer
Jennifer. I understand your concern dear. Remember you will be in good hands ... many of our ladies have been overweight and recovered well. Your doctor and anestheologist will watch you very carefully during surgery and your recovery team will take good care of you.

Pain is a big concern for most who have surgery. The goal of your medical team is to make sure your pain is controlled. They will ask you what your pain level is on a scale of 0-10. They have your medical records but it's important to let them know if you have trouble taking certain pain meds.

Once you get home, try to keep ahead of your pain by taking your meds on time. Many doctors suggest taking ibuprofen in-between pain meds ... don't hesitate to ask about this.

I'm glad your boyfriend will be there for 12 days. It would help you to make meals ahead and freeze them. Nutritional snacks will help keep your strength up. Put everything you need within easy reach so you don't have to stretch to get it. It's very helpful to get a grabber so you can pick up those things you drop.

After your boyfriend leaves, please have someone to check on you and help do something you can't do ... taking out trash, etc.

• Other things on your to-do list that will help later:
  • Clean as much as you can and then wave at the dust bunnies as they roll by
  • Try to have your laundry caught up.
  • Bottled water to have close by.
  • Compfy clothes to wear as you recover
  • Prepare your recovery space ... Phone and charger, books to read, movies to watch, TV remote, and other things you know you will use.

on your surgery ... we will see you on the other side.
Unread 08-01-2021, 10:59 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread Aug 02-Aug 08,2021

Our time today has come to an end - our Pre-Op Open House Chat Thread is now closed. Thank you to all our members who attended as we support one another - women helping women.

The staff of HysterSisters is sending you hugs for the best outcome for your hysterectomy.

As you wait for your scheduled surgery, if you have more questions, please start a new thread discussion here in Pre-op hysterectomy forum area.

Then, after your surgery, there will be a specially created thread for our members who have surgery this week. Look for it in the Post-op Hysterectomy Recovery forum - specifically the Hysterectomy Recover Reports forum with dates matching your surgery date. You will find your surgery sisters there.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register