Bloating Anyone any solutions ?????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bloating      Anyone any solutions ?????? Bloating Anyone any solutions ??????

Unread 01-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Bloating Anyone any solutions ??????

Hi everyone

After 12 months post op I am feeling 100% better than I have for 27 years physically, but although I begin the day feeling ok with my stomach by the end of each day I am swollen like a ballon! Does any one know what causes this and has anyone any good ideas for a solution ????

Venice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 02:04 PM

Venice..I do believe you're referring to our arch-enemy..'Swelly Belly'. It can hang around for a long time after our hysts and seems to worsen as the day wears on!

Here's a thread all about it...

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...t=swelly+belly

Hope this helps..if the above link doesn't work, I know it's titled 'Swelly Belly - What it is and how to get rid of it' so you could search for it that way.

Unread 01-22-2004, 07:26 PM

Hi ((((Venice)))) Sorry you're still dealing with this type of bloating this long after your hyst

As (((Melinda)))) mentiions, it is very likely that you are dealing with the swelly belly. However, since you are over 1 year post-op, you might want to mention this to your doctor, just to be on the safe side.

If it's swelly belly, the best "cure" is to rest, with your feet up, as much as you can. This reduces the stress and allows all the internal healing that might still be going on to do it's thing.

Sending lots of healing s your way and hoping that the bloating soon becomes a thing of the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 11:01 PM

Venice,
You might want to consider looking into irritable bowel syndrome. One of the types is bloating. I recently took some medication for irritable syndrome called Zelnorm. It is a Serotonin drug that works in the bowel. I didn't think that I had irritable bowel but was somewhat constipated. When I started taking the medication I was amazed to see the difference it made. However, it did have some side effects, I was feeling very tired and agitated or antsie for about three days and my health care provider told me to stop taking it. I was also on Lexapro which is also a Serotonin drug too. I have gone off of that and she said I might try the Zelnorm again to see if it might work without the side effects now. I think I will. Good luck finding an answer.
Unread 01-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Bloating anyone any solutions ????

Brightersister Dani Kelou

thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my question. I had seen the term swellybelly but never new it was what my problem might be. As I had problems with healing for 9 months maybe its taking a long time for things to get back to normal. Guess I must be patient Loosing weight also seems to be a problem It just wont come off no matter how hard try . Any way thanks again for all the help.

Venice

Unread 01-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Hormones

Hi Venice!

Just wondering what you're doing for hormones? I'm on estrogen and have bloating due to candida problems. The patch works like the pill for me and I have to really watch sugar and all the lovely things that yeast loves to feed on. I start off my day fine with a smaller stomach, and by the end of the day if I have eaten anything forbidden I swell. Its also hard for me to drop the weight. Just a thought.

Peace, Cheryl
Unread 01-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Bloating anyone any solutions ????

Krinkels

Thanks for your reply

In answer I am 56 yrs and am not on any homones of any kind and always refused HRT as I am a believer in all things natural, so dont think thats a problem there. Incidently every now and again for about one or two days I have slight blood stained discharge and spotting anyone else experienced anything like this ????

venice

Unread 01-24-2004, 12:49 PM

Hi again, Venice

Did you keep your ovaries and your cervix? Because, sometimes, women who kept both experience mini-periods.

Either way, it would be a good idea to mention this to your doctor. Among other things, the spotting could be caused by granulation (spots of unhealed tissues that can bleed) or something else that might need to be treated.

Sending lots of healing s your way. Please keep us posted.
Unread 01-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Bloating and bleeding

Hello again Dany

Yes I did keep my Ovaries. I am on a ten year trial for detecting Ovarian cancer by yearly checks.

My cervix has been removed. I did have trouble up to 10 months post op with slow healing around the stitch area inside the Vagina and had adhesions removed in surgery by laser.

Last time I attended for checkup I was discharged and the Gyn said all was now ok. Do you think there may still be a problem there? As i said it just seems to be every now and again for a couple of days.

Thanks for your help

Venice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register