vaginal bleeding 2 years post tah - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal bleeding 2 years post tah vaginal bleeding 2 years post tah

Unread 01-22-2004, 08:31 AM
vaginal bleeding 2 years post tah

You want to hear something funny? I have this set so any new messages that are posted I will be alerted, right? Well, I started reading your message and thought I was reading my own. ha ha Your message sounded so much like mine the way you write and what you have going on with you. This flap of skin, how was it detected? I was just curious if they had to go way up inside you with an instrument or this could be seen by them using a speculum....think that's what that cold hard thing is that they use when they're getting a pap smear.

My doctor just prescribed Estrace to me but I haven't used it yet. She's told me to only apply a small amount with my fingers, not to use the injector that came with it.

You sound just like me with the ons and offs. Some weeks will go by and I'm fine with everything. If you read an earlier post then you know I also have Diverticulitis and I never know when I will have an attack. Makes no difference what I eat either. But I thought okay I can live with that, but it's just been one thing or another since my hysterectomy. I'm serious about that. And it's not like I really needed a hysterectomy because of female problems. I wasn't having problems....it was only a routine checkup that my GYN found something.

You take care of yourself and keep in touch. And I'll do the same. As soon as I get my test results back from the urine culture I'll let everyone know.

s,
~Royjean~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Vaginal bleeding 2 1/2 years post

Hi Royjean!

I have returned from the Dr.'S office today (I had my feet in the stirrups yet AGAIN!!) and I feel alot better about things. My problem is still resulting from the original spot where the piece of skin was, which was/is in the upper left hand corner of my vagina where they sewed me. Dr. said it's a tiny area of scar tissue that is refusing to heal the way the rest of the scar has. Last time, they took a little biopsy of it (flap of skin, found with speculum)and it was not cancerous or anything. The way it was explained today was: Scar tissue as time goes by hardens and does not want to move much. It isn't normal tissue for the vaginal area meaning vaginal tissue is designed to coat itself with mucous, much like a nose does. Scar tissue can't lubricate itself and dries out alot more easily. And with the tugging and pulling that goes on in that area, just from movement, bending etc. not to mention sex and even sometimes bowel movements; if it hasn't healed to the point where the blood vessels are dried up and sealed off, they'll break and bleed a little. Much like a nose does when it gets really dry in the house in the winter time, or some people just have blood vessels that are really close to the skin. Anyway, apparently scar tissue has stages that it goes through as it heals and one little part of mine doesn't want to reach the stage the rest of the scar has. It's call grainy, or grainular tissue. And also, as far as bladder pressure and pain go, sometimes scar tissue will adhere itself to the bladder and even the small intestine, causing even more problems as it hardens. I am having a CT scan on my abdomen tomorrow morning to make sure there isn't anything else in there that's wrong, and maybe to see just where and what the scar tissue has been up to! Today they put silver nitrate on that little spot inside me hoping it will force it to heal. (Just like they do for people with nosebleeding problems) Sorry this got to be so long...sometimes I don't know when to quit! Hope everything goes well for you with your test. Take care and keep in touch.

Sherry
Unread 01-24-2004, 07:13 AM
Hi Sherry

Hi I have found out what my problems were I guess. Not anything up inside me just as my GYN had said. She really didn't think anything wrong there but something to do with my urinary tract and she was right. I do have a urinary infection and a bad one. One that is called I can't even begin to spell nonetheless pronounce, but it's more a kidney related infection than a bladder one if that can be. She has prescribed something called Macrobid and I'm to take it twice daily for a week. She said it'll knock whatever's in me out for good. I have to say this med was not cheap either. I asked her why is the Detrol helping too if I have an infection? I mean, shortly after I started taking the Detrol all that feeling of pressure and urgency disappeared. She said Detrol does help with that and even if an infection was causing it, the Detrol would pretty much mask the symptoms but would have never taken care of it. So anyway......at least for now I don't have to concern myself with any scar tissue problem, which Sherry, I didn't think I had that problem to be honest. What kind of hysterectomy did you have? I mean was it done with the scope or vaginally? I'm thinking if vaginally, is that why you have problems with scar tissue? I had a total abdominal operation and yes I could eventually have scar tissue in my stomach but I don't think up the walls of my vagina. And I would have thought too any problems with scar tissue might have shown up by now since with me it's been over 3 years.

I hope real soon you get to the bottom of your troubles and oh yes, I hate those stirrups too. Nothing like pushing your private parts up into someone's face. You take care and please keep in touch with us....let us know how your CAT scan goes!

s,
~Royjean~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register