new form of Breast cancer... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new form of Breast cancer... new form of Breast cancer...

Unread 04-10-2005, 12:58 PM
new form of Breast cancer...

I checked this out on the web to be sure it was true before I posted it...
New kind of Breast Cancer - DO NOT DELETE
Please forward to all of the women in your lives . Mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, friends, etc.
In November, a rare kind of breast cancer was found. A lady developed a rash on her breast, similar to that of young mothers who are nursing.
Because her mammogram had been clear, the doctor treated her with antibiotics for infections. After 2 rounds, it continued to get worse, so her doctor sent her for another mammogram. This time it showed a mass.
A biopsy found a fast growing malignancy. Chemo was started in order to shrink the growth; then a mastectomy was performed; then a full round of Chemo; then radiation. After about 9 months of intense treatment, she was given a clean bill of health.
She had one year of living each day to its fullest.! Then the cancer returned to the! liver area. She took 4 treatments and decided that she wanted quality of life, not the after effects of Chemo. She had 5 great months and she planned each detail of the final days. After a few days of needing morphine, she died. She left this message to be delivered to women everywhere:

Women, PLEASE be alert to anything that is not normal, and be persistent in getting help as soon as possible.
Paget's Disease: This is a rare form of breast cancer, and is on the outside of the breast, on the nipple and aureole. It appeared as a rash, which later became a lesion with a crusty outer edge. I would not have ever suspected it to be breast cancer but it was. My nipple never seemed any different to me, but the rash bothered me, so I went to the doctor for that. Sometimes, it itched and was sore, but other than that it didn't bother me. It was just ugly and a nuisance, and could not be cleared up with all the creams prescribed by my doctor and dermatologist . They seemed a little concerned but did not warn me it could be cancerous.

Now, I suspect not many women out there know a lesion or rash on the nipple or aureole can be breast
cancer. Mine started out as a single red pimple on the aureole. One of the biggest problems with Paget's disease of the nipple is that the symptoms appear to be harmless. It is frequently thought to be a skin inflammation
or infection, leading to unfortunate delays in detection and care.

What are the symptoms?

1. A persistent redness, oozing, and crusting of your nipple causing it to itch and burn. (As I stated, mine did not itch or burn much, and had no oozing I was aware of, but it did have a crust along the outer edge on one side.)

2. A sore on your nipple that will not heal. (Mine was on the aureole area with a whitish thick looking area in center of nipple).

3. Usually only one nipple is effected. How is it diagnosed? Your doctor will do a physical exam and should suggest having a mammogram of both breasts, done immediately. Even though the redness, oozing and crusting closely resemble dermatitis (inflammation of the skin), your doctor should suspect cancer if the sore is only on one breast. Your doctor should order a biopsy of your sore to confirm what is going on.

This message should be taken seriously and passed on to as many of your relatives and friends as possible; it could save someone's life.

My breast cancer has spread and metastasized to my bones after receiving mega doses of chemotherapy, 28 treatments of radiation and taking Tamaxofin. If this had been diagnosed as breast cancer in the beginning, perhaps it would not have spread...

TO ALL READERS:

This is sad as women are not aware of Paget's disease. If, by passing this around on the e-mail, we can make others aware of it and its potential danger, we are helping women everywhere.

Please, if you can, take a moment to forward this message to as many people as possible, especially to your family and friends. It only takes a moment, yet the results could save a life.
[b]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2005, 01:39 PM

Paget's Disease isn't a new disease and it's very rare. It accounts for only around 1% of all cases of breast cancer. You can read more about it by visiting the links provided below. As one of these sites states, it's better to share the links provided with your family and friends rather than forwarding the email.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blpagets.htm

http://www.susanlovemd.com/community...r1-pagets.html

This paragraph is from the second website:

Paget's disease is serious. And it needs to be investigated, but the patient described in the Internet e-mail legend undoubtedly had a deeper and more dangerous cancer at the time the Paget's disease appeared.
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:37 AM

I haven't visited in a while, been too busy accepting new cancers into my body! Beat 3 (cervical,ovarian & uterine), started more!! Vulva, vaginal,Pagets Disease of the Breast and now Hodgkins Lymphoma!! Will see what next month brings considering these new ones have manifested in the past (approx) 18 months!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2007, 05:33 PM

jazinol-I have been recently diagnosed and found this website through a friend. I cannot believe all you have been through. How much can one person handle? How many tests does our God need us to pass ?
You have found support and love through your hyster-sisters, and know that we do care. I hope to gain the same friendship and love that others seem to have found.
So, I pray for you and wish you well and health.
Unread 10-03-2007, 01:32 AM
This Elite Club

sos
  Quote:
Originally Posted by millie07
jazinol-I have been recently diagnosed and found this website through a friend. I cannot believe all you have been through. How much can one person handle? How many tests does our God need us to pass ?
You have found support and love through your hyster-sisters, and know that we do care. I hope to gain the same friendship and love that others seem to have found.
So, I pray for you and wish you well and health.
Millie, I do not view any of the now 9 cancers,(3 beaten & 6 currently fighting) as a test from God. I have had cancer scares since I was 25, nearly 30 years and have been actively living with all 9 for the past 10 years.
Maybe because I have been dealing with these for so long, I accept them and almost expect them as we do the sun rising.
I am a much better person because of them. I believe I am a more compassionate person because of the life I have been given.
I am angry because of the pieces of my body that have had to have been removed, but the cancers are, for lack of a better term, a gift. Life is more clear. Love is more clear.
I hope you have love and support in your daily life and I hope you find more here.
Lori
Check this website and maybe you will see why I feel the way I do.www.nashuatelegraph.com
Search: Derry and you will see a news story about my tattoo artist and me!
Unread 10-03-2007, 05:05 AM

Lori, I read the article and it's an amazing story about the shop owner and you. I wish I lived in the area and I was able to go on the day of the tattooing. I hope to find a sense of solidarity in this website and in the community in facing some difficult days ahead. After reading the stories, I can tell you that you are an inspiration to those of us who are "new" to this situation.
Unread 10-05-2007, 04:14 AM

Happy Birthday Lorianne--you made it to another one---good for you, good for everyone in your life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register