Help I really think I am losing it today - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I really think I am losing it today Help I really think I am losing it today

Unread 06-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Help I really think I am losing it today

I am doing better each day. Back to working. The hot flashes are coming. And Maui is on fire today, literally. It's scary being on an island when the fires start. The highway was closed and people who were flying in for their vacations have to stay at Red Cross locations or travel to the other end of the island for a hotel rooms...there are no hotels to speak of in Maui by the airport.

So, with that, I am feeling confused about hormone treatments. Premeran has got such a bad reputation but my doc wants me to use .625mg a day to treat the hot flashes and memory sluggishness...I have tried it for a week and I think it is upsetting my digestion? I wake up with a burning stomach ache over night. I have to chug some Mylanta to get it to go away...and this coming from someone who is going to open a wellness center!
So, what about natural Estrogen? Anyone got some suggestions. which one really works?

Also, my acupunturist has written up her views about vaginal discharge and I am waiting to see how I am suppose to submit it to the hostesses...basically, there is help with acupuncture and herbs if you want to go that route. Some insurance companies cover acupuncture.
so, that is all from me today. Five weeks out tomorrow!
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 08:03 AM

Laura
So sorry you are having all these problems. I am not sure what is the best natural hormonal replacement but I will do some research on it. The Dr. will probably give me something on Monday but like you I am not sure about the natural remedies so I will check that out and let you know. How scary is that to have all that fire raging around you. That would scare me to death. I didn't know that part of menapause was memory sluggishness. I find that very interesting. Listen take care of yourself and as soon as I find out anything I will get back to you. Have a good day and try to get some rest..
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:24 AM

Hi everyone,

Laura, I have heard about the natural hormones and they seem to have a good rep. I started menopause at 48 and did it with vitamin E, Evening Primrose Oil & soy. I had hot flashes for a year and now I have to be careful with what kind of clothing I put on my body, or changes in the weather. I won't get a hot flash, but I get very uncomfortably warm. Lot's of showers. I know Suzanne Somers is big on the natural hormones. If you can, read her lastest book or any one of her books because she talks about it.

Who am i,
Menopause has many, many different symtoms and each one of us is different, but we can all relate in some way. It's a good time for us and because of all the changes, it can be bad. I believe Dr. Winthrop wrote a book on Menopause which is awesome. You can also check online. How are things going with you. I went to the therapist last night and I have to say he is wonderful. I have issues with trusting, especially men (from being hurt so much) and he is great. I felt so much better when I left him and look forward to going back.

Let me know if this info helps both of you. Again, I thank you both because this really helps me.

Charlotte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 12:10 PM

Charlotte
That is wonderful. I am so glad that therapy helped you last night. I know about the issues of trusting men. It is so hard after you have been hurt over and over again. But hopefully in time things will get better and you will get that trust back and never get hurt again. Things here are about the same. Still going round and round with the kids. They just don't understand how I feel about anything but I hope that soon changes. Last night was rough and I almost walked out of here. But I kept thinking that I really have nowhere to go so I decided to talk to everyone here about what is going on and that they are going to have to start helping me and stop smarting off to me or they can get out. I think at age 22, you are old enough to know that it is disrespectful to smart off to your parents and if you do get out and I don't feel bad either I was so proud of myself because as bad as I wanted to I did not apologize for it. I just went with my bad self.LOL Okay you two have a good day and I will talk to you later.. Good luck with your therapy and I sure hope that things start looking up for you....
Your Friend
Kim
Unread 06-28-2007, 12:22 PM

I've been taking black cohosh and red clover for hot flashes...helps immensely. Doc has advised that I discontinue until the surgery (anybody got marshmallows)?

whoami - sometimes you just have to hold a mirror up to other people's behavior...if they don't like what they see, you're not the one that needs to apologize.

Hang in there!
Unread 06-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Kim,
The one thing that the therapist said is that no one, family, friend, child, spouse has the right to abuse you, disrespect you or anything else. If someone doesn't make you feel good about yourself, they don't belong in your life. It's a difficult concept, but true. Have a good night and we'll talk tomorrow.

Charlotte
Unread 06-29-2007, 01:42 AM

We all have the right to be happy...whether it be health issues or relationships...goodness. And, the greatest thing about relationships is that teach us so much about ourselves and what we need to heal, where we need to grow and what we need to change. It's a journey that can not be done alone...but it can be done with nicer people!

Maui is burning worse and worse...it is heading towards a neighborhood...scary.
Laura
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:07 AM

Laura are you close to those fires? Are they saying you may need to evacuate? I would be so scared. How are you feeling today? I know I am just full of questions today. LOL.

Anyway you ladies are so right about relationships and family. The world just seems to change for the worse instead of the better and that is so sad. Maybe if people would learn to love more and be less self centered the world would be a better place. I am doing a little better today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am going to get busy and clean up the house. My youngest son,17, started working at Wal-Mart two days ago and he is about ready to go to work. He likes it, he just really wants to work so he can get a car. I can't blame him although he will find out it is a very tough world out there but I think he has already figured some of that out. Talk to you ladies later. I will be checking on and off today in case you girls need to talk...HAVE A GOOD DAY..........
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:28 AM

who am i - glad you're doing better today! Good luck to your son in his new job. I think it's important that kids earn what they get...definitely gives them a better sense of the world. There are WAY too many kids out there with a sense of entitlement. (stepping off soap box now) LOL I took a slightly different approach with my girls....I got them a car, they had to pay the insurance. This gave them great incentive to keep their grades up (good student discounts) and to drive safely!!

I'm going to chuck it all and go camping this weekend...really need a break from reality! Hope you ladies have a fabulous weekend!
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:49 PM

LostGoddess
Thank you for wishing my son good luck on his job. He is having fun right now. I remember those days when everything that was new was fun, so we will see in a few days or a few weeks. I hope you have a good time this weekend and enjoy your time camping. I just looked up and noticed that you have surgery on July 30th. I had a TVH done with A&P repairs, How are you doing? I certainly hope you are doing okay. And if you need to talk about your upcoming date at the castle we are here for you. Alright I will talk to you later have a good one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register