Help I really think I am losing it today - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I really think I am losing it today Help I really think I am losing it today

Unread 07-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Help I really think I am losing it today

Amen Char!!!

In the great circle of Karma, I have to believe that we've all got something wonderful on the way. While change is scary, it can be a good thing. Just remember - deep breaths and go with the flow.

Remember, you're setting a good example for me I'm going to have to find a new job after my surgery too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Yes that is right we do get scared at changes but sometimes changes can be a wonderful experience. I called a University today about trying to go back to school to become a teacher. I have been wanting to do that but always afraid to make that call. All I know right now is it takes 4 years and they are supposed to call me tomorrow to discuss what classes I would have to take and the cost of going. I am afraid of that because if it is too much I won't be able to go. But I am going to try my best to make this happen. I love working with children and I seem to get them to learn when other people say they won't remember what you teach them, they remember when I do it so I know they can learn you just have to do it at their level and keep on asking questions over and over to get them to answer it without thinking. I make it like a game. I got to teach Science and Social Studies last year and the kids where really excelling in those subjects. I hope I can make this dream come true but if not that is still okay because I am already working with the kids and I enjoy doing this so either way it is a win win situation. Sorry about going on and on but I love to to talk about my job, I never thought that I was good enough to be able to work in a school and I started 2 years ago as an aide and I love it. I never had a job so fulfilling in my life. Oh well enough of that. LostGoddess just think about what you would like to do after you recover and go for that. Sometimes things work out when you least expect it to. I do agree that being on here having you all to talk to helps out alot and I just wouldn't know what to do without it. I feel like I have another family here. And you ladies are so wonderful to talk to. It is nice having friends to talk to and tell everything to and not have to worry about what you say or what other people think of you. I guess I kinda never thought of being able to tell everything to anyone and it does feel good. Thank you for being here..... Have a good evening and a great tomorrow.... Your friend KIM
Unread 07-19-2007, 08:33 AM

Hi girls,

Well, whoami, guess what??????????? I was a preschool teacher about 7 years ago at the YMCA. I loved it! My boss said to me, try one class at college. OH no! I can't do that. No money, no time, no confidence. Guess what? In 2002 I got my degree in Psychology and graduated with a 3.8 and went to the graduation with my family there and wore my gown with a smile on my face. I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all mine. No one can take my knowlege away from me. Knowledge is power. My power. I worked full time, tutored on the side and went to school full time. Don't ask how I did it, but I did. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You can too! I got some financial aid and guess what, if I had to, I put whatever else on my card. It's worth it. I had to get my degree in psyc because here in NY they changed all the qualifications to be a teacher and I could no longer afford to go, so I switched over to psyc and loved it. Go for It!! It will keep you focused and believe me it takes all the worries out of everything else.

Lost goddess! I cannot believe that I left my safe position as a receptionist and now I will be working side by side with a Corporate boss. I am scared, but I am doing it. There is so much for me to learn and I feel it will also boost my spirits. So, for you I say, have the surgery, heal fully and then go for it. You will have the time to reflect and decide what you want to do. Change is scary, but good. Listen to me being all positive. I had a session with my therapist and I guess it's working.

Both of you keep me going and I hope I do the same for you.

Talk later

Charlotte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 12:01 PM

Charlotte I am so very proud of you. You are certainly doing so much better sounding positive and happy for a change. I love it. How exciting for you to be working along side the Corporate boss. that is so COOL. Well have a wonderful time at work. How are you feeling phyically now? Is everything healing and feeling better? I sure hope things are good in that area also. Take care and I will talk to you later... Kim
Unread 07-19-2007, 02:43 PM

Hi Kim,

I am getting ready to go home now. I'm so tired, but doing ok. I am still crampy and I go for my procedure on August 1st. That should be fun! Have a good night and I'll talk to you tomorrow. I am trying so hard to stay positive. I'll take one day at a time.

Charlotte
Unread 07-19-2007, 07:19 PM

Ok ladies...this is spooky. I have about 3/4 of an education degree (combined with mathematics) - or what was 3/4 of a degree in 1984. Hopefully my credits haven't "expired". Was actually thinking of finishing up - or at least finding out what it would take to do so!!!

Char - I'll add my congrats to Kim's "you go girl"
Sounds like you had a good, if tiring, day. I'm sure things will settle down as you settle into your new position. What is it you're doing now? Getting your procedure over with so you'll feel better will be a great help too. It's great to hear the postiveness in your post - I'm so happy for you!!! Kim and I will be happy to be your cheerleaders if/when you need it.

Debi
Unread 07-19-2007, 10:15 PM

Debi how are you feeling? I hope things are getting better! Your surgery will be here before you know it and then it will be over and you will be feeling better just as quick. I can't believe how fast this year is going. It is like we just got into 2007 and now almost done with it. How time flies when you are having fun!!HA HA. Anyway that sounds like a good idea to go back and finish it sounds like you wouldn't have much more time to put in. That would be wonderful. I sure hope you find what it is you want and get it.

Charlotte you take it easy and just remember not to over do things. We are still healing and as much as we think that we should have healed already I keep thinking the DR. said complete healing takes about a year. That is so hard to believe but I guess that it is true. Well ladies it is late and I am going to try to go to bed. Since I had this surgery I have such a hard time going and staying asleep. It really gets on my nerves. I am so tired but can't sleep. But hopefully tonight I will be able to so I can get rid of this headache.

So you both take care and I will talk to you later. Have a good day at work Charlotte!

Your Friend
Kim
Unread 07-20-2007, 01:06 PM

Hi girls,

I am having trouble sleeping also. I am so tired and figure I'll sleep through the night, but I don't and when I do wake up, I am wide awake. I hate it especially on the days I have to work.

Well Kim and Debi, it's almost time for the weekend to start. My youngest daughter and her boyfriend are coming over tonight to take me to dinner. I am so excited. At least out of three children, one is great, one is good and the other just doesn't care. Oh well, life will go on.

Have a great weekend and we'll talk on Monday.

Charlotte
Unread 07-20-2007, 03:34 PM

Well Charlotte you have a wonderful dinner with your daughter and her boyfriend and enjoy yourself tonight. Hope you have a good weekend and we will talk on Monday. Enjoy your weekend off.....
Unread 07-20-2007, 05:34 PM

Hope you both have a great weekend...think of me while you're relaxing, I'm working tomorrow.

Very tired, more civilized response later!

Debi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register