FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?! FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Unread 11-23-2013, 06:59 PM
FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lismorris View Post
HONEY!!!

You are only 3 days out. It typically take 6 months to feel back to yourself!

I am 3 weeks and 2 days. Yesterday I got up and showered and did the dishes and made someting to eat. I was up for an hour and went back to lounging. I get up to use the restroom and help my 9 yr old when he needs it otherwise, I have STILL been lounging. Although I did sit up at the computer for while also yesterday..vs laying down with it... I drove for 30 minutes yesterday evening, to a friends house and only stayed for 15 mins.

This morning I was in horrible crampy, throbbing, stabbing pelvic pain and was spotting pinkish brown for 5 hrs.. It seems to be settling down now. I hope!

I wanted to go to the dollar store, but I think I will have to save it for another day!

Take it easy!

I went to wal mart a couple times in my 2 week and paid for it dearly!
Thank you...glad to know the head stiff should subside within a few days...usually i feel ok otherwise and then my head just starts to get heavy and feeling like my vision will narrow if i don't lie down. Feeling like i can start lengthening the time between Percocets..that is good. The binder the hospital put on me really helps i believe Glad to be able to read the positive posts here and hopeful it will get more comfortable soon Usually i don't post in support groups much but felt i needed to get out my disappointment somewhere safe and private. Thank you ladies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Re: What did YOU do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhkt13 View Post
Lol, enjoy the art of doing nothing, I think it's great that we can be lazy without feeling guilty.
I too pretty much did what you are doing for the first 4 weeks. I am still feeling tired on my 6th week and I believe it's a long journey .
Was so glad to hear you say this about week 4. Yesterday was my 4 week post surgery date. Everyone acts like I should be over this. I have tried, but it wears me out. I am doing more than I was but no where near where everyone thinks I should be. My husband actually just said "you just gonna have to find away around it" I just busted into tears, like its all in my head.

4 weeks post op- fell asleep finally at 2am this morning, woke up at 7:30. Showered, dressed in yoga clothes. Went to Post office with the hubs, washed two loads of clothes, the bed sheets for two rooms, drove to deliver some cleaned out clothes, a friend and my mom came over to visit, Rested for about 30 minutes, made brownies, then went with the hubs to Target to get some groceries, got very tired and dizzy and had to come home. Been on the couch ever since but cannot sleep! (its 10:00 pm). No pain or issues from the surgery, just dealing with I hope what is the hormones, headaches, anxiety and dizzy at times.
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:00 PM

Jacqboo-
I hear you. My kids would come to my bedroom and ask me for things, for help, for permission, etc... All the pets came to my room. Both dogs came to me when they wanted out to potty, wanted food, or to be walked. Even the cats wouldn't leave me alone... I was up at 7:00 every day despite my mother staying with us because the kids just couldn't seem to "teach" my mom how to do the morning routine... Nap while they are gone. Treasure your time alone. Sometimes, you dont get the help you need- the best you can do is rest while there is nobody there to bug you... I'm sorry it's starting out so bumpy for you. Families are a lot of **** work- we realize how much we do for them when we are down like this and they seem unable to cope. It's just hard. No way around it. I will be praying for you... For rest and healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2013, 01:50 AM

Did more redecorating. I have tons of energy now that i am not bleeding and in pain two weeks of every month. Also a romantic interlude with hubby... Better than it used to be! Why didnt i do this 15 yrs ago?
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqboo View Post
Thank you...glad to know the head stiff should subside within a few days...usually i feel ok otherwise and then my head just starts to get heavy and feeling like my vision will narrow if i don't lie down. Feeling like i can start lengthening the time between Percocets..that is good. The binder the hospital put on me really helps i believe Glad to be able to read the positive posts here and hopeful it will get more comfortable soon Usually i don't post in support groups much but felt i needed to get out my disappointment somewhere safe and private. Thank you ladies!!
jacq

The dizzy head and stiffness, might be from the pain meds, or maybe having to do with your ovary taking some time to wake up after surgery.. Hoping it subsides sooner rather than later for you.
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejahthoris78 View Post
Did more redecorating. I have tons of energy now that i am not bleeding and in pain two weeks of every month. Also a romantic interlude with hubby... Better than it used to be! Why didnt i do this 15 yrs ago?
ahhhh deja,!!!!

how I hope I feel as good at my 4 month mark! As it is, Im mostly still lounging around with various aches and pains and getting out of the house every once in awhile!
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:57 AM

I do the same thing everyday for the last 16 days! Wake up, got to the restroom, walk to kitchen make hot tea, check on my grandson in his room, check on my adult son in his room (lol) then check laundry room, back to my bedroom to sit in recliner then back to bed, Then lunch and sit on couch in living room and then back to bed then back to recliner and get on laptop to catch up on facebook and hystersisters. check email. Pretty bored and all I do is sleep more than any of it. But I have never laid around this much and I know I will have to go back to the rat race so that helps to keep me down.
Unread 11-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Not much - woke up, had coffee
DH and sons soccer cancelled due to wind chill. Brrrrr
Daughter at sleepover.

Caught up on Season 2 of Revenge on Netflix.
Bored now......

DH and son went to movies. I didn't feel like going
I love movies and they are going to latest Hunger Games!
Arghhhhhh.

Saw the posts about drinking. Since I'm only taking Ibuprofen, I did have a vodka tonic last night after dinner!! Woot! Woot!

Maybe I'll start doing Xmas card envelopes??
ANy ideas out there for boredom?!

Ginger
Unread 11-24-2013, 01:45 PM

Got up, had coffee and a little breakfast. Showered and dressed for church. The three of us left the house for mass, but they never salted our road and we slid down the hill. CHanged plans and went home.

Ordered some Christmas gifts on Amazon (upgraded to Prime). Laundry, helped DH make a dinner to bring to his parents.

Went to his parents with the meal and visited. Now home and relaxing. Will have to get my butt in gear and correct some papers.
Unread 11-24-2013, 02:01 PM
FUNNIES! What did YOU do today?!

I just came home yesterday. I walked from room to room and looked out each window. That was exhausting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register