Follow up Mammogram tomorrow - yikes! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Follow up Mammogram tomorrow - yikes! Follow up Mammogram tomorrow - yikes!

Unread 01-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Follow up Mammogram tomorrow - yikes!

Hugs, Gidge--
I'm also in that "follow up" position. and I am a major worry wart!

When I go for the next mammo, if there are any changes, I'm going to request a biopsy.
I'd rather be sure than keep wondering every six months.

That's just me--

good luck!
Sabrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2003, 07:01 AM
I'll keep you in my prayers...

Sweet ((((Gidge))))

Please let us know what you find out my dear Just think of us all there holding your hand, and giving you gentle calming S
Unread 01-28-2003, 09:24 AM

thanx so much girls

I can always count on my caring sisters to be there when I get scared!!!

I think the thing that worries me the most about this (other then the fact they were concerned and took at least 30 films last time) is that it hurts, it aches like a son of gun and if I press on the lump it hurts all the way into my underarm...

..maybe that's a good thing though, who the heck knows......it also seems to get worse cyclically (which befuddles my GP as he is so SURE that there is no way I could still be having a "cycle" he says I must have an extra ovary in my back pocket or something!!) so maybe it's something that's hormone driven?

I will post first thing tomorrow and let you all know how it went, it's not until 3:30 this afternoon, so I have lots of waiting to do here!!!

thanks again for being there girls!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2003, 09:53 AM

Hi girls, well just wanted to let you know that the mammo was uneventful and not very informative at all.......they took just two films, left me in the room for 20mins while they went over them and came back and said the dr has to carefully go over all my films and then get back to me........?

So I asked if the lump was still there and she said she couldn't say, and I told her that they told me last time and she said I would just have to wait??? She never felt for the lump like the last tech, nor did they do the "nipple film" like they did the last time....and since this lump is behind the nipple I would've thought they would (that one hurts!!!)

She said if they needed any further pictures they would call, not sure where this leaves me, besides incredibly uninformed and uneasy!!!

on another note my bladder is still completely freaking out, had to take more bladder meds then the usual last night plus had to take the Atarax which knocks me for a loop but does seem to help, when is this darn thing going to settle down?
Unread 01-29-2003, 10:19 AM

Hey Hun,

I'm sorry you have to wait Can you start calling the doc today?

About your bladder...please excuse the but have you seen a Uro-Gyn yet? I'm sorry it is giving you so much pain. I wish I had some light to shed on all of this for you. But please accept my endless supply of loving S
Unread 01-29-2003, 10:25 AM

Hugs gladly accepted and appreciate Jude and right back at ya baby!!! 's!!!

I saw a uro a few years back (after my hyst) and had my hydrodistension and cystoscopy's done, which was when I was dx with the IC....

...I didn't like him though, while he was very upfront about how the IC and they hydrodistension could both cause me incredibly bad pain he doesn't believe in treating it with pain med's he said "if I give you pain med's you'll just come back for more" and that was it for me, what you can cause me pain by doing a procedure but you can't treat it? What antiquated kind of thinking is that?

So that's why I haven't been to him with this ongoing bladder pain since the surgery, I"ve been hoping it would eventually settle down but it isn't......I think my GP is thinking the same thing, and the rest of the uro's in my city are in his office so I will have to go outside the community to see someone else.....

sorry that was a long story wasn't it? And that was just the summary
Unread 01-29-2003, 10:34 AM

Could you not see a different Uro in his office? I know that it may be akward at first...but it has been a long time since you've been there, he may not even recognize you LOL! Or am I missing the main reason here, because lately I've been so

Are there any pain clinics in your area? The one I'm in has only been open for a few years. I was quite shocked (in a good way) at the amount of digging they are doing to get to the bottom of what's going on with me. I thought 'hey perhaps they'll treat my pain...' But I never knew how hard they would work for me. Perhaps something to consider?

More S coming your way sweetie
Unread 01-29-2003, 10:39 AM

thanks Jude

the other uro's in his office subscribe to his theory on treating pain....I have seen them in the ER when he wasn't available (coincidentally after my hydrodistension when I felt like was peeing broken glass and thought I would pass out it hurt so bad and he wouldn't give me anything for it!!!)

so I will have to see someone completely new........I have soooo hoped it would just go away but it doesn't look like it's going to and I can't even predict what's making it worse!!

thanks for being there Jude!!
Unread 01-30-2003, 08:56 AM
IC...

Hello Gidge

I just read your posts, hope your mammogram results will be good news. I just went through this same thing 2 weeks ago....after 2 mammograms and an utrasound, they did a biopsy and FINALLY found the suspicious mass to be a very odd shaped cyst! WHEW...we were sweating that one out.

Ironically, I was just diagnosed with IC also. I'm on Elavil and Uro did a cystosope in office to diagnose and to privide some (hopefully) relief for me. But, I'm still about the same..2 weeks later. He said he would do the instillation at 1 month if no improvement...You were knocked out for the proceedure, were you not? It sounds like the after affects are the tough part...peeing glass? Geez, I hope you have found some relief from the proceedure by now...s

I'm going to wait it out another 2 weeks. Start GYN/PT next week and on another med to block pain receptors that is making me soooo I'm not really liking it.

Lori
Unread 01-30-2003, 09:24 AM

Hi Lori

Yes I was knocked out for my hydrodistension and it was done in the hospital in an operating room, they also did a urethra dilatation (stretching of the urethra) cause after my hyst I only sort of dribbled and couldn't get a good "flow" going.......I think that had alot to do with the "peeing glass" feeling so who knows a hydrodistension without the dilatation might not be that bad afterwards?

My uro explained to me that by repeatedly stretching the bladder with water it would destroy the bladder lining forcing it to grow another one, that would hopefully be better then the old one......they also were able to determine that my bladder has roughly half the capacity of a normal one (invaluable information for ultrasounds that require a full bladder, that ALWAYS killed me)

Like I say I went through he** for the first two weeks, and then one morning I woke up and the pain was just gone.......and was really very good until this last open surgery, where I was cathed for two days and they were moving my bladder around intra-operatively and then it started up again!

The other thing that really helps me is avoiding all citrus (that includes alot of vitamin supplements) and tomatoes they really seem to make my bladder act up!

Hope this helps at all , and I hope yours feels better soon too!! 's!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register