Scheduled SAH Bowel prep plan worked! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel prep plan worked! Bowel prep plan worked!

Unread 08-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Bowel prep plan worked!

Hi Ladies,
You may remember a few weeks ago I was wondering if anyone had tried eating very light the day before bowel prep in order to make bowel prep day "go" (pun intended, LOL) faster? Well, I"m here to tell you that I cut my bowel prep day in 1/2, whooo hoooo! I was really not looking forward to today, which I affectionately called: "tied to the toilet Tuesday". So, yesterday, I ate 1/2 cup of chicken broth, Jello, and watermelon and that's all. I started Mylite today at 9:30 a.m. and only had to drink 1/2 of what they told me it would take. Within 2 1/2 hours, I was done! Maybe I just misunderstood how the day would go, but I really thought it would take all day (I remember reading that someone had said start early so it doesn't keep you up all night) I was done by noon! Anyway, just wanted to share that with you all : ) I'm packed for the castle trip tomorrow and will see you all on the post op boards. Best wishes to my fellow sisters who will be going in tomorrow too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Re: Bowel prep plan worked!

Just keep in mind that they give you the instructions for a reason. If they told you to drink all of it, you probably should have or at least you might want to check with the office to see. I'm not criticizing - I would just hate to see you have problems.
Unread 08-10-2010, 05:58 PM

My instructions were not "take until X happens", they were to drink certain things at certain times. Nothing happened for a couple hours after that was all done. I think it was a pretty typical prep for a hyst, but not the same as your type prep. So I don't think that will apply for most of us. I'm glad yours went OK for you. Best wishes for your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyown View Post
My instructions were not "take until X happens", they were to drink certain things at certain times. Nothing happened for a couple hours after that was all done. I think it was a pretty typical prep for a hyst, but not the same as your type prep. So I don't think that will apply for most of us. I'm glad yours went OK for you. Best wishes for your recovery.
That was the same for mine. I was told to drink 10 oz of magnesium citrate the day before at 2:00 pm and do an enema the morning of the surgery. (It was the same deal for my colonoscopy - drink, drink, drink until it was all gone. If I had stopped at the first bm, I wouldn't have been finished with the prep nor would I have been as clean as they wanted and they would have postponed everything.)
Unread 08-11-2010, 06:47 AM

No worries, my instructions were to drink until it all came out clear, and it did : )
Unread 08-11-2010, 07:31 AM

Good! And best of luck today!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register