2am-10days til surgery-bit scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2am-10days til surgery-bit scared 2am-10days til surgery-bit scared

Unread 10-02-2004, 02:05 AM
2am-10days til surgery-bit scared

I am sitting here crying like a baby. All my family is asleep. God, I am scared. I have read everything here. My initials arn't good. I have hyper cells, cyst, and fibroids. I am having Adom Hyst, keeping ovarys (if they look good). Painful periods for years. Unable to get pregnant. My other option was meds to make me bleed, and meds to control pain, and then every 3-6 months have biopsy. I am tired of being poked and prodded. All my family has had hysters to combat Cancer, and misc female probs. I love my Dr.
I bought a body pillow tonite, and it sent me over the edge. I have scrubbed my house down. Reorganized everything to make life a bit easier for DH. He is being a saint. He bought a mini notebook laptop, wireless, so I can surf comfortably. Has a list of HoneyDo's for the 3 weeks he is off.
I can not fathom the idea of being out of control of my house, family and my bowels! My sense of humor is still here.
Oct 12th-just get here and get this thing going. The waiting is the hardest part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2004, 03:37 AM

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))).

My surgery is the same day! I am feeling so much like you!

One minute I am fine.. the next crying .. the next angry .. so many emotions.

I too just want it over and done with now --- come on 12 October!!
Unread 10-02-2004, 07:47 AM

Sister's, HUGS !!!!!!!! I too was scared before my surgery on Aug 23. I think it is the not knowing that scares everyone so. I had what what suppose to be a vaginal hysterectomy with both ovaries removed, but ended up with an abdonimal hyst. My left ovary was a booger and the doctor just couldn't reach it. When I woke up there was some pain but they quickly show you how to use your pump to control the pain. I woke up with a foley cath for my bladder which was a god send. I also had a drain for my inscision.The foley came out as soon as I was able to control the pain without the pump. They started giving me meds by mouth for the pain. The hardest thing was getting up from the bed. I am a large woman and did not want anyone hurting their backs pulling on me. I just figured out a way to sit the bed up all the way and lowered it as close to the floor as I could. then I cou;d use the siderail to pull myself up.To be completely honest that was the hardest part. I had help at home for 4 days mainly because I have stairs and my DH did not want me falling. After that I just stayed alone while kids were at school and DH could work. I didnot do any house work for a week after I came home. At 10 days when staples were removed (and no this doesn't hurt one bit) Dr said I could do light work around the house. No sweeping or vacuuming or pulling on wet heavy clothes. At 2 weeks was released to drive. At 3 weeks went back to work part time.(Still got tired easily) At 4 weeks started going to grocery store alone. ( not buying big bags of dog food yet) Also started going on very short motorcycle rides with DH. At 5 weeks was feeling great!! Went to DR at 5 1/2 weeks for last check up and he said everything was healed and I could go back to my normal routine. He even gave me permission to ride on back of DH motorcycle to the mountains next week for a well deserved vacation! ( the trip is 350 miles one way) Know I know that everyone heals differently but I think that if you have something to look forward to and set a goal for yourself you get better alot quicker. Just try to be positive and think about how much better you will feel afterward. I could feel the relief of no pressure from an enlarged fibroid filled uterus almost immediately. No more numb left leg. And when I did not have that 2 week long anemia producing period last month I cried from the freedom that I have been given. Sorry that this is so long but I just wanted to let you know that sure it is a serious operation but there is a positive side to it. There are alot of horror stories out there to scare you but there are alot of positive stories to that you really don't hear about as much.
Lots of loveand a great big
Deanna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2004, 01:48 PM

My op-sub total hyst is (hopefully) on
07/10/04 very scared now! But it's here
and it's what I was waiting for. There seemed
to be so many other things before, family holiday,
Buisness trip, weekend in NY and now-hyst!
Adrenilin makes you lose weight they say!!!
Good luck to the other princesses awaiting
surgery. We are strong!
Unread 10-02-2004, 03:11 PM

Thanks very much for replying to my post.
Glad that you feel so much better now, I had fibroids
removed and a MEA before deciding on a hysterectomy,
I'm sure (eventually) I will feel better.
Thanks again!!!
Unread 10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
i'm scared too

i don't know what to expect - its hard to explain - i should say i know what to expect - but will those things happen to me - will i be able to walk after or be drgging and hunched over ? will i be a cry baby - because right now and i am sure up until the big day i will be crying - i can suddenly think about by surgery in themiddle of the day at work, in the car , watching a movie watching the news and become totally distracted - and then worry that i won't recover well - although i know that i will - especially after reading all the post op messages - i know it may be difficult at times but this web site is such a blessing just keeping reading them thee are lots of positive messages in fact - you have all made me feel better about what i am doing - you are all wonderful girls!
Unread 10-03-2004, 09:31 PM

That is it...I know my friends and family must think I am the most self absorbed person in the world. But everything right now, what my friends are doing next week, to their plans for the end of the month. I think about my surgery and recovery. I have learned to be quiet. Cause my brain is just spinning...
I just want it to happen. I am real tired of people asking "are you sure you want to do this" Yes!!! That is why I am doing it!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register