Anybody have ovary removed with suspicious/complex cyst? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody have ovary removed with suspicious/complex cyst? Anybody have ovary removed with suspicious/complex cyst?

Unread 01-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Anybody have ovary removed with suspicious/complex cyst?

Surgery is scheduled for 1/29/16. I am told the left ovary has to be removed as there is a cyst that looks suspicious for malignancy. Its 3cm but septated and has thick walls. It was fine 6 months ago but now looks suspicious. I lost my dad to cancer in 2012 so to hear this has put me thru the ringer. I am told if it is malignant, everything is coming out. Talk about fear of the unknown. To add to the situation, my hormones went bananas a few months ago and are peaking at their craziest right now. Anxiety, fear, doom, depression, fear of leaving the house some days, periods are coming every 17 days and hot and cold flashes non stop. My doctor has started me on Bioidentical progesterone cream to help combat the estrogen dominance that is making me feel terrible, but I am not finding 100 relief. I'm pretty much a mess right now. Anyone that has faced the unknown going into this, I would love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Re: Anybody have ovary removed with suspicious/complex cyst?

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time - it's totally normal to feel anxious about surgery, especially when you may have a possible malignancy.

I had endo cancer, but it was diagnosed before surgery so I knew everything was going to be taken out.

Hopefully your cyst will be benign and your surgery will be minimal.

Keep us updated with how things go - lots of great support and advice here.

Unread 01-15-2016, 05:53 PM

Thank you so much BethUK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2016, 07:16 PM

First, I'm very sorry for the loss of your father to cancer. It makes perfect sense that experience is adding to your stress and apprehension as it relates to your own situation. But, please do keep in mind that most cysts are "just" cysts, and even those which appear highly suspicious can turn out to be perfectly benign.

The emotional roller coaster you're on is perfectly normal, not that it makes the experience any better. Just know that you absolutely aren't alone in these feelings, and you aren't losing it or going crazy. However, if things become too overwhelming, or you aren't able to maintain your activities of daily living, etc., please don't hesitate to let your doctor know. There are medications (antianxiety and/or antidepressants) which can help pull the ground back under you just until you get through this patch.

We'll definitely keep our fingers crossed this turns out to be a benign process without complications. But, I did want to invite you to check out our Cancer Concerns forum as well, if you'd like. There's lots of great information and experienced ladies who'll be glad to share their experiences.

For now, please try not to worry so very much (we know this is hard!). Keep in mind that worrying has never changed anything one way or the other. It only causes us more stress which isn't good for our overall health. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. You CAN do this!
Unread 01-15-2016, 08:21 PM

Monami, thank you so much for that. Its so comforting to hear and sure helps me out right now. I think the hormones are making it a bit more of a rollercoaster than it should be. My hormonal doc started me on some supplements to assist and I can tell a slight difference, I am hoping it continues to get better and I get back to my happy self
Unread 01-16-2016, 01:42 AM

My left ovary and its associated complex cyst measured 20 cm. My right was 13cm and septated. My gyn called me to give me the news on a Saturday afternoon (that's not usually good). She also told me I had an appt with a gynecological oncologist on Monday (again not good). He told me I had a good chance of having cancer and scheduled my surgery very soon after. I hadn't found HysterSisters and I was a wreck. I cried, worried, paced, and became convinced I would get the worst news possible. It turns out my ovaries were encased in endometriomas and there was no cancer. My worry did me no good. I'm hoping you get the same kind of news - no cancer. I'm proof that even worried doctors can be wrong.
Unread 01-17-2016, 11:19 AM

Elsie, thank you for that. To hear your story helps me calm down so much. I pray my outcome is good like yours. It also made me feel better knowing others have cried and felt horrible from the not knowing. I was begining to feel like I was just being a big drama queen or a big baby. Thank you for validating this is normal to feel this way.
Unread 01-17-2016, 05:19 PM

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register