Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021

Unread 03-02-2021, 05:03 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussette View Post
How did your first day back to work go? Wondering because I went back to work at 15 days to my part time desk job at further reduced hours - and I was rewarded with dull crampy aches, swelling, back ache, fatigue and stress from catching up.

As I mentioned to PotatoBB, it's eye-opening the toll that simply sitting upright for a few hours can take on a body that's gone through the trauma of abdominal surgery - even laparoscopic procedures have many internal incisions which need healing. I ended up working another week at further reduced hours, but in hindsight, my employer got the short end of my abilities, and I didn't stay home to rest when I still needed it.
Hey!! First day back went well. Rotating between sitting and standing with a little walking. It was tiring thatís for sure. Otherwise Iíve only noticed a little soreness lower abdomen//groin area.

I have noticed that I have brain fog like no tomorrow. Difficulty remembering certain things and easily lose my train of thought. My coworkers are great and keep a good eye on me. We are small (like 6 people including the doctor) so it helps to have someone close by.

Good luck to all the others!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2021, 06:00 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 15-Feb 21,2021

How about a little myth-busting today? There are sites out there with agendas, and they are known to share misinformation or outright falsehoods - scaring the bejeebers out of us as we're trying to research our options and recovery. Some things which we've addressed on our site to counter that fake knowledge:Always consider the angle of the source. Google isn't a doctor, it just plays one on the internet - and it hasn't had a hysterectomy!
Unread 03-05-2021, 03:15 PM

Am mid way through week two and my pain is almost gone but fatigue continues. One thing that started yesterday are migraines. Is anyone else having them as well? These are pretty bad I havenít had this bad in years. Hope everyoneís recovery is going well.
Unread 03-06-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere10 View Post
Am mid way through week two and my pain is almost gone but fatigue continues. One thing that started yesterday are migraines. Is anyone else having them as well? These are pretty bad I havenít had this bad in years. Hope everyoneís recovery is going well.
Fatigue is real. I come home from work and go straight to bed. My free time in the afternoons and this weekend has been spent in bed cat napping.

Yes!! The headaches started about day 14 for me. I used to get migraines when having a period so my only guess is itís my hormones working themselves out.

Night sweats are still happening and crazy weird dreams. Sleep is still in spurts like 2 hrs at a time.

Iíve noticed that I still get some abdominal soreness when I use my core muscles sitting for too long.

Has anyone else had some loss of appetite? Iím making sure I eat something small throughout the day but Iím just not hungry.

Happy healing friends!
Unread 03-07-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennduvall82 View Post
Fatigue is real. I come home from work and go straight to bed. My free time in the afternoons and this weekend has been spent in bed cat napping.

Yes!! The headaches started about day 14 for me. I used to get migraines when having a period so my only guess is itís my hormones working themselves out.

Night sweats are still happening and crazy weird dreams. Sleep is still in spurts like 2 hrs at a time.

Iíve noticed that I still get some abdominal soreness when I use my core muscles sitting for too long.

Has anyone else had some loss of appetite? Iím making sure I eat something small throughout the day but Iím just not hungry.

Happy healing friends!
Iíve had the same with the night sweats, but not so bad as before the hysterectomy. I was on hormone suppressant both orally and injection due to my breast cancer and the night sweats were really bad. So night sweats are not as bad, but I canít sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time at night. The dreams continue to be vivid and crazy. And I also get abdominal soreness despite not having any real pain anymore.
Iíve also lost most of my appetite and have to remind myself to eat. I returned to work early on and that makes me so fatigued by 3pm.
Has anyone noticed if they blood pressure is higher? Iíve notified mine has gone up significantly. Not sure if this is a side effect of the surgery. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Unread 03-08-2021, 05:52 AM

Today is my first surgical post op. I made a list of many questions.

Itís been quite the process of healing for me. On the Sunday after surgery, I was rushed to the ER experiencing horrific pain. No crazy bleeding, just the worst pain Iíve ever felt. That is until I actually got to the ER, then I started gushing blood. After much morphine, I ended up back in the hospital. They found a hematoma. Released on Wednesday. Iíve continued to bleed. It was fresh blood until this Saturday. Now, Iím finally bleeding like what I expected - old looking blood along with yellowish discharge. Anyone else experience something similar?

Iím usually a quick healer but this has taken me for a loop.

Iím feeling more like myself and even wore jeans and took a shirt trip to Target yesterday. Iím hoping this is the beginning of a return to normalcy but am also worried about too much too fast and tearing something. I do NOT want to go into surgery again.
Unread 03-08-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanell22 View Post
Hi all so I've had a lot hapoen since my last post. Finally got ahold of my dr and he changed one pain med from the ibuprofen to toradol then he also prescribed me percocet since he didn't give me enough to help when I left the hospital. Now here where things get fun... after taking the toradol I started to get super itchy and had a rash. Didnt think anything of it untill last night when the rash covered my whole body and the itching was unbearable turns out I'm allergic to toradol so back on the ibuprofen I go. Now for the new script I've spent the last 2-3 days trying to get it filled. There was issues with the pharmacy "not" receiving it yesterday so today my mom picked me up and we went to the drs office to grab a hard script and bring it in. Well the pharmacy did everything in the power to not fill it even after driving back to the office to get another version of it just to be told no again. The pharmacy then said they won't fill out scripts from my dr. Smh. So my doctors assistant then met us at a different pharmacy to bring another script (other ones were torn up) and I finally got my pain meds and some relief. I had been. In horrible pain for the last 3 days without any hard pain control. Let me just say it was like heaven taking it so I could actually get rest. Other than that I've been taking my stool softener and gas x but still have yet to pass anything or go. I've been taking in plenty fluids as I'm going pee like every 30 mins to at least once an hr. I have no problems farting or burping just not going. And another strange thing was the last couple times I've gone pee after I'm done its like air or whatever comes out of my vagina too. It hurt too when that happened but I thought maybe its just gas escaping still but I got a cuff done bc I had a total hysterectomy. So yeah thats how its been going 5dpo.
Oh my heavens! I had an allergic reaction too. Rash from chest to calves. So miserable on top of trying just to heal. I also have psoriasis which is normally under control, but my allergic reaction triggered an outbreak. Itchy all the time! So sorry you went through that.
Unread 03-12-2021, 05:25 PM

Dear Sisters,

Your fearless leader, and one of the best Hostesses Cussette, has suddenly taken ill. But please don’t worry, she has a great medical team. She just wants you all to know she hasn’t deserted you.

We’re not sure yet how long she will need to recover, but I will be checking in here to see how you are all doing.

It will be a pleasure to share your journey with you.

Take care all.
Unread 03-12-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciamae View Post
Dear Sisters,

Your fearless leader, and one of the best Hostesses Cussette, has suddenly taken ill. But please donít worry, she has a great medical team. She just wants you all to know she hasnít deserted you.

Weíre not sure yet how long she will need to recover, but I will be checking in here to see how you are all doing.

It will be a pleasure to share your journey with you.

Take care all.

Please keep us posted! Cussette has been a blessing and I pray she recovers without complication and quickly!
She has been very practical and down to earth, calming shaky nerves.
Unread 03-12-2021, 06:18 PM

Hi C Marie,

As soon as I hear anything, I promise to let you all know.

She has a wonderful supportive family and I know she is in good hands.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register