Upcoming Out patient hysterectomy 1/8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming Out patient hysterectomy 1/8 Upcoming Out patient hysterectomy 1/8

Unread 01-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Upcoming Out patient hysterectomy 1/8

I keep seeing everyone post about hospital stays. My surgery is 1/8 and it's out patient. I'm having Da Vinci lap. 1 incision through the belly button. Tubes, cervix, and uterus removal vaginally. Anyone else have outpatient? Sorta concerned everyone I read is a hospital stay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2021, 08:14 AM
Re: Out patient

My surgery was outpatient, and I had both Da Vinci lap (total of 5 incisions) and abdominal (1 very large bikini line incision). Uterus, cervix, tubes and ovaries removed due to large fibroids causing anemia. After surgery I think I stayed only about 4 or 5 hours before going home. I was happy to not stay overnight at the hospital, and there was no need to because I didn't have any complications. With your surgery being minimally invasive, you will be in great shape to go home the same day, I'm sure.
Unread 01-02-2021, 08:54 AM

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismary12 View Post
My surgery was outpatient, and I had both Da Vinci lap (total of 5 incisions) and abdominal (1 very large bikini line incision). Uterus, cervix, tubes and ovaries removed due to large fibroids causing anemia. After surgery I think I stayed only about 4 or 5 hours before going home. I was happy to not stay overnight at the hospital, and there was no need to because I didn't have any complications. With your surgery being minimally invasive, you will be in great shape to go home the same day, I'm sure.
Unread 01-02-2021, 02:36 PM

Outpatient is up to 23 hours from arriving in recovery room, so it can include a night stay.

Many are going home a few hours post surgery.

Hospitals follow protocols for discharge, so they won’t send you home unless you’re good to go!
Unread 01-02-2021, 03:39 PM

Hi BrittanyG to HysterSisters!

Yes, as hard as it is to believe, outpatient surgery (i.e., release within 23 hours) is possible with a hysterectomy, depending on the type of surgery and how you recover. As the other sister indicated, your doctor will not release you until you are deemed fit to go home. Here are articles that may provide information:
Hospital Stay for Hysterectomy
Hospital Stay? How Long after Hysterectomy?

Unread 01-02-2021, 05:10 PM

Thank you ladies for your comments. I'll pack a small bag just incase I need to stay for longer then a few hours then.
Unread 01-05-2021, 09:26 AM
Re: Upcoming Out patient hysterectomy 1/8

I had same as you on Dec 10. Went home by noon. Ok except for the fact that I threw up all night from the anesthesia... worse part. They let me leave as soon as I could pee which took me a few hours. I felt really rushed but I was glad to be home.
Unread 01-05-2021, 02:10 PM

I was rolled into the OR at 11:00 am and pulled up to my doorstep at 5:30 pm...no issues...good luck.
Unread 01-07-2021, 08:35 AM
Re: Upcoming Out patient hysterectomy 1/8

Hi there! Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow

I had TVH qith laproscopic assist yesterday. I was wheeled into the OR at 10am and home before 3pm. My surgeon did say to treat the first 2-3 days as if I was still on the hospital, lay low and don't get up except for bathroom and food. They won't let you go home if they aren't confident you are ok.

Good luck, you will get through this!

Forgive any typos, still on Hydros!
Unread 01-07-2021, 10:04 AM

Thank you and that's a good idea to treat a few days at home like you're at the hospital! Hope you heal quickly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonElle View Post
Hi there! Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow

I had TVH qith laproscopic assist yesterday. I was wheeled into the OR at 10am and home before 3pm. My surgeon did say to treat the first 2-3 days as if I was still on the hospital, lay low and don't get up except for bathroom and food. They won't let you go home if they aren't confident you are ok.

Good luck, you will get through this!

Forgive any typos, still on Hydros!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register