Weathered Wednesday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weathered Wednesday Weathered Wednesday

Unread 02-17-2021, 02:13 PM
Weathered Wednesday

Hi girls! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. I learned last week that my dad in Idaho was flown to a hospital for some kind of Seizure episode. He's never had one before. As of today, he is progressing well, all tests results show he is a healthy man for his age. No signs of anything major (stroke, heart attack, etc) that may have caused it. Dr says he still may have a bit of a recovery journey ahead of him.

Spent a couple of days with my mom and visited with my Gramm while there. She is scheduled to get her first shot today. I've heard that many are getting the virus and/or experiencing symptoms after their second dose. She's 91, so I'm hoping she will be ok afterwards.

It's been beautiful here that last couple of days with the exception of some rain. Supposed to get chilly here. Our sons are supposed to be traveling to NC to go skiing this weekend. I'm going to try to convince them to wait until tomorrow to leave as icy roads are expected tonight. Wish me luck - they can be just as hard headed as my DH sometimes.

While with mom, I did something I'd never done before: went to an art studio and took a picture painting class where the artist walks you through painting a particular picture. It was quite fun, and surprisingly, my pic turned out ok. We may try to do it again when I come back later in March/April

Kim - Have been watching your weather there. Oh my goodness. Hoping you and your house, pipes, etc. are ok. My cousin who lives in Austin have been without power for a couple days. Says the warmest it's been in his house is 54. They do have a propane fireplace but don't have it vented to heat the house. Hoping it warms up there soon for you all!

Greyown - Wow! 12" of snow there is a good bit. Has it all melted now? Years ago when we visited that area (Bellingham), we had to travel to Mt Baker?, I think it was called, to see good snow. So glad your pup seems to be doing ok when you have to leave. Maybe that's a sign she's adapting to not having her buddy with her.

Desk - glad you still have the other option for your new dog. Thanks for the head's up on the weather. For now, it looks like it will be Saturday when we make our way home.

Nirvana - so sorry to hear about your back. Please do be careful, particularly when you are on the road. Those wrecks in Texas/Oklahoma looked pretty ominous. Those poor affected families.

Rita - Yep, I'm right there with you. Don't mind the snow so much, it's being cold and heaven forbid if the wind is blowing too. BRRrrrr!!! Stay warm!

Glad none of you have to really go out in the winter weather you're experiencing. Please be safe out there.

Hi Cussette!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2021, 03:32 PM
Re: Weathered Wednesday

Kim - I sure hope you are doing OK. It breaks my heart to see the pics of all the people in TX so cold with no power, no propane, long lines for food, etc....I am used to the cold having lived in a winter state all my life and I still find it is pure misery when you can't get warm. Please be safe! (and good work with the Koi pond!)

Heavensangel - I pray that your dad continues to recover every day. Such a scare! At least you got some quality time with your mom and gramm! That painting sounds fun. They have places around here, in the bigger cities, where you can have painting parties and drink wine.

greyown - Glad to hear that your area is warming enough to melt the snow. Hope your knee is OK. Your girl dog sounds so sweet.

Rita - Do you teach in Chicago? I am confused about the news that schools aren't open in that area because of teachers not feeling safe.......is that a different district? Did you have to sub? I used to be called to sub a lot in all different grade levels. I liked the 7 & 8 graders the best to sub as they were such a joy to be around and converse with! The younger ones were sweet but high maintenance!! (I am remembering all the mittens, boots, coats to help with!!)

Desk - Did you find out where to go??! I sure hope so! The new option for a dog sounds wonderful! She deserves a happy joyful home after all she's been through with breeding. I could never be a breeder, I would have to keep them all, my dogs are always forever dogs and they have my heart forever!! Hope your mom is doing well.

We made it home. So glad to be off those roads! Lots of ice/snow in driveway. I like it better when it is all snow. Too heavy for me to help much with. Staying put until middle of next week. Hubby has his cancer check-up, (one of them, as he has had 3 cancers), dog and cats all go to the vet for their checks and shots, and I finally go for my back next week. I am anxious as the chronic pain in the mid back (around ribs) is getting to me. Feels like someone is sitting on my rib cage front and back!

Hubby showed me a load from Maine to Alaska with multiple stops in WA state...............6130 miles!!! My back screamed, "NO!" We both would like to go there but now is not the time. Although time is getting along........
Have to go get food tomorrow, miss my salad. Had spaghetti with "fake" meat sauce for dinner. Oatmeal with raisins for breakfast. For a snack I got a microwave mac & cheese out of the truck and had that.
More snow coming for Friday, not much, and possibly more for next week. Still cold too.

Please be safe all......
Unread 02-17-2021, 03:54 PM

Heavensangel, the ice is supposed to come tonight, but it's supposed to be worst in all the western counties. I'm sure it will be gone by the time you head back on Saturday. Temps have only been hovering around freezing, so roads should be okay.

Rita, that's crazy snow and you got the worst of it?! Yikes! Glad you have a snowblower, that makes a huge difference in pain and effort (says Desk who has only used one once). Pack a good lunch, with some happy food to resort to when things get tough

Greyown, I hope your snow is gone for good. Sorry about your knee, that was a couple of weeks ago? Is it still bothering you? Were you going to see a doctor about it? I don't remember. Knees are so important, and we need them for everything! Is your dog as sweet as she is supposed to be after having many pups? Very matronly or motherly or just glad to have the kids out of the way and a soft bed for herself?

Kim, I hope things are calming down and electricity is staying on. My college friend in Houston said they have survived but the house got very cold with the rolling outages. She has her elderly mother living with her who refused to get out of the cozy bed. Their dog, who had never seen snow before, was rather thrilled with it. Soon things will be back to normal and you can relax. Spring and hot weather are around the corner. Stay safe!

Nirvana, what's your snow situation now? Are you still on the road or have you made it home? You were nervous about going to the doctor about your back? That must be coming up soon. I hope you are feeling okay and you have a little time to regroup at home.

Our shots went fine today. My friend told me where she was instructed to go, so we went there, and it's all very well organized. We got there early and were among the first to receive shots. The second shot will be on March 17. We don't know where it will be given, but they say they will let us know... but there aren't a lot of places where they can have these giant drive-through gatherings so maybe it will just be in the same place. I just would like to know in advance

Food was light.
B - eggs
L - Dr. McDougal's vegan Pad Thai Soup with a bit of peanut butter added, fudge
D - thin pizza with broccoli, fudge

Ex - one short walk, just a mile, but somehow I still racked up three miles just bizzing around the house. Not sure what I was doing, but definitely not sitting.

Stay warm and safe, friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2021, 05:38 PM

I am faring okay here. Electricity has stayed on thus far. One of my good friends who lives only a mile from here has been without water or electricity for 3 days now! And saw a few friends from the club whom are in similiar circumstances. We all live in the same area. I invited my friend to come by if she wanted out of the house and to watch TV but thus far she has not. I cannot believe the Power issues here! Someone needs to be held accountable for this. They knew the storm was coming, and keep in mind August in Texas can get 100+ degrees. We do not have outages during that time.

Not much I can do about the outside stuff. I did email the pool company to put me on the list to get the pool powered back up. And spoke with ex about the koi pond, he will send the pond folks my way. Checked on the fish this evening, they are all huddled at the bottom and still moving.

Just so glad that the house, thus far is okay. We have 2 more days of freezing temps in the evenings. News was telling everyone they did not need to drip their faucets, but I still am. Been there, done that with turning the dripping off to soon many years ago. I pulled a big 4" chunk out of ice out of one of the gutters this morning. We were having some rain, noticed the water just trickling so took a look. Got a screwdriver and yanked it out so the water could flow. I chatted with the ex this afternoon, he is still dripping the water also.

I was sooo tempted to do laundry today, but decided not to. The wash machine is on an outer wall, I going to wait for Saturday for everything to totally thaw out. Really do not think I will run out of clothes to wear.

Now hearing about grocery stores being crazy. I have plenty of food and water here. Anticipating early covid lines Saturday morning.
Unread 02-17-2021, 07:55 PM

Heavensangel, hope your dad is ok now, that is scary. At least you did have a visit and sounds like things are ok?

Nirvana, snow has melted here for the most part and it’s warmer too. Hoping for spring.

Desk, I hurt my knee last week and have ignored it. Hoping it’ll get better on its own. My dog is very sweet natured and gentle, not sure if it’s because she was a mom dog or just her natural way. My previous girl was very protective and the one before had been abused so this one is nice to have. My boy dog was just so even tempered and the best dog ever, always, so I do miss him. I hope you get a sweet dog.

Kim, I’ve heard such bad Texas stories, my mom’s friend has had multiple pipes burst by now and can’t get warm. It sounds miserable. I hope everything stays ok for you.

Hi Rita!

Ate no salad, I forgot. Tomorrow I must remember. Went in to work partly because my coworker friend is being moved across town. We’ll still be in touch but not in person. Glad I got a good performance evaluation today too.
Unread 02-17-2021, 09:35 PM

Hello Ladies,

Greyown, congrats on the positive performance evaluation. I hope your knee is feeling better.

Kim, glad to hear your electricity is still working. Hearing so many sad stories from Texas. My cousin moved to the Fort Worth area last year. Her electricity went out so they went to her daughter's house less than a mile away. Then the city lost power to the water, so they were without water until last night. Now they're on a boil order. Her SIL said to take her weather and move back to Chicago.I

Heavensangel, keeping your father in my prayers. Sounds like a nice visit with your mom and grandma. We have "bottle and botega" here. You bring your own bottle and an artist and supplies are provided. It's very popular for bridal showers.

Desk, I'm so glad you were able to get your shots, and an appointment for your second shot.

Nirvana, I'm glad you made it home safely. I hope all the checkups have good results, and they're able to do something for your back. I work at a Catholic elementary school. I do the before and after school, extended care. I also substitute teach as needed. The Chicago Public Schools just finished negotiating with the teacher's union to reopen the schools.

So, the snow plows made it down our street today. Once I made it out of the alley, I just got into the grooves and went. Getting the car back into the garage is a little tricky. All the teachers made it in today, so no need for me to sub. Luckily the sun is shining, which helps to keep the spirits up.

Br: oatmeal with honey
Lu: yogurt and protein bar
Dinner: fish sandwich, fries and a shamrock shake (1 a year)
No snacks
Beverages: water and a mug of peach tea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register