time to panic/breathe/panic again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

time to panic/breathe/panic again time to panic/breathe/panic again

Unread 12-16-2001, 09:06 AM
time to panic/breathe/panic again

Hi ladies,
I keep panicking. I know that this surgery is what is best for me and I am almost ready to go. I am going to my pillow police's house in the morning then off to the hospital pratically in the middle of the night. I won't be home or see my kids again for two weeks. I am trying so hard to have the house ready for when I get back. The good thing about that is no one will be here to mess it all up on me. I am almost done. Of course I found a million things I have forgotten to buy to be stocked up. I wrote a list and kept waking up all night to put things on it. I packed my bag of things to keep me busy. 6 books paper pen two of the most boring movies I ever tried to watch.(I always fall asleep) Those were an order from my pillow police incase I have trouble falling asleep so I will. I have one from my lap and I tried to watch it for weeks and kept falling asleep every time. lol. So last night I am on the bed I had just finished packing a bag for each kids to go to a friend to finish out the week at school then another bag each to go to my brothers till xmas then they will take both bags to Grandmas for xmas then to me before the new year. I was done and proud of myself and I couldn't breathe. I kept saying over and over I can't do it. I cant do this. I wanted to thank the ladies in chat for taking such good care of me not only taking my mind off of things but also relieving some worries along with it. You all have been my rock when I have needed it. Thank you so much. I will check back later. Please write me and pray for me. I am so nervous and scared and the insomnia is killing me. ( I went to post message board and found out that will probably go on for awhile ughhhhhh!!!!!!) All the emails and messages are wanted and welcome as you all know they make you feel confident. Thank you again. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2001, 09:13 AM

Hi Sassy! You are off to the castle on Tues. and will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go! What a prepared Princess you are!! Wow! Sounds like everything is under control and you are ready to go. I hope you have a wonderful castle stay and recovery. Now remember to pamper yourself, and lots of fluids!

My very bestest wishes to you!! s and

Sherry
Unread 12-16-2001, 11:19 AM
Hey Sassy it's off to the castle we go!!

Sweety things always get really unstable about now. I remember writing list and waking in the night to wonder why I was doing this and had a little surprise during the week-end before my hyst on Mon., I was starting my period then I knew why I was going ot go through this I wanted out of PAIN!! So try to relaxe these last few hours and know that waiting is the hardest part. Keep thinking of those wonderful children and how much fun you can have after having this surgery with them. Here are some ers and cyber s and s to keep you company. God bless.
Unread 12-16-2001, 11:46 AM

I know this seems easy to say, but try not to worry. The Nurses at Northside are going to take excellent care of you.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and ers

BSQ
Unread 12-16-2001, 01:15 PM

(((((Sassy)))))

You are going to do just GREAT sweety!! Easy to say for me, but the waiting IS the hardest part. Just take some deep breathes and know that your sisters are praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts. Remember to keep your thoughts positive, because all of your sisters are doing just the same.

When you come home form the castle the only things you need to do are , , and you deserve to be pampered!!

Please let us know how you are when you get home...Soon you will be a

Unread 12-16-2001, 05:39 PM

lol I understand the EEEEP panic, breathe, panic, panic, breathe syndrome.

I'm 2 days out myself Sassy. Scheduled for a LAVH RSO on Tuesday. I haven't gotten a quarter of the things done that I feel "need" to be done before I come home for recovery. Dreading tomorrow because I have a nervous stomach and tend to when stress levels peak. I have already warned my family that Mom is off tomorrow.. so is Dad. Dad is home from work and is picking up all of my ususal duties. My stomach has been threatening to rebel the last few days, so I've been trying to eat as light as possible. I'm hoping that the rest of my body doesn't join in on the mutiny tomorrow. I have already suffered through my last miserable period WHOOHOO!!! That only reaffirmed my decision.

Thank you to all the wonderful ladies here for sharing, offering advice and generally attempting to help all of us LIW's stay calm and together. You are truly bright example of how the world should be I hope that once I am recovering I can help as much as you have helped me.

Catch you on the post op side!

Kiarana
Unread 12-16-2001, 07:02 PM

My thoughts and prayers will be with you Sassy. Sounds like you're ready.

PS - Don't forget your chapstick
Unread 12-16-2001, 08:02 PM

thank you ladies. as for the nervous stomach I wonder if that is what has been wrong with me. I went shopping for all the things I will need once back home so I will not have to walk the stairs and I had to run to the rest room three times. My kids were like oh mom.... also thanks for the advice on the chap stick. I haven't been told that one before. I got all of my stuff done I think anyhow. I am so ready but yet I keep panicing. When it happens I can't breathe. My dad called from montreal and that didn't help like I thought it would. I wish he could be here or mom was alive one. Oh well. I need to get some sleep. I am leaving in the morning for my friends then off to the castle. I will probably be back from over there before castle time. Thanks again and best of luck to all of my twins. s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register