Bring on the tears! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bring on the tears! Bring on the tears!

Unread 12-17-2001, 07:11 PM
Bring on the tears!

Ok, Ladies, what started out as a little shower of tears has blossomed into a full fledged monsoon. My doctor called today and wanted to push my surgery up a week, to January 10. I'm not sure why, but it just sounds so much closer. I've got a million things running in my head....will it hurt a lot, will I be the same person when I come out and have to rely on the HRT, I hate to be away from my husband and kids for so long, then it's the usual old question, why me? To make it worse, I have the worst pains and my lower back is killing me. I thought that after my lap it would be better for a while, but guess I was wrong. I was upset when the doctor told me that because of the extent of the adhesions we would have to do it abdominally. Guess everything just finally came to a head, and I just can't stop boo-hooing. I'm so glad I have this site to help me right now. I mean, I just had my lap a little over a week ago, and now I'm looking at going back in AGAIN!
Sorry about the pity party, just had to get this out to someone who wouldn't think I was a big baby.
Thanks for all the support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2001, 09:01 PM
Bring on the tears!

{{{HUG}}}

Sometimes the very best thing you can do for yourself is let it all out! THis is big stuff, and you'd have to be made of stone to not have it affect you.

I know exactly how you feel...all your fears and worries are ones we all share. I can only tell you my own experience...I put off my surgery for far too long out of fear.

I was terrified just as you are, and lived with pain, bleeding, internal damage, and constant fatigue for years. I had my TAH/BSO in March, and I can honestly tell you that I feel GREAT. I'm NOT the same person. I'm a better, healthier, stronger, more energetic person...able to be the person, woman, mother, wife, friend that I want to be, unburdened by constant medical problems. The HRT has been fine for me. Not everyone has a wonderful outcome, but most of us do...and I think you will be amazed how good you will feel.

This part, this waiting and wondering and worrying, is THE WORST PART. Nothing will be as hard as this is. I promise!

Keep reading, keep posting, and stop into Chat. We are all here for you, and we'll get you through it. Hang in there!!! And cry all you want...it's good for you.

Karen
Unread 12-18-2001, 06:36 AM
Bring on the tears!

Lady T,

I'm a Jan 10th princess to be too! We will be doing this together. I'm also very, very scared, but have improved tremendously by using this site, every day, several times a day (I'm at work too, but I can't help myself, I'm obsessed). This site is addicting. Spend some time with us and I promise you'll start to feel better. Okay sometimes, I read something that makes and I think , I never thought about that. Now I have something else to worry about.

But believe me, these woman are wonderful. You will feel so informed, supported, prayed for and ready to face this, I promise.

Don't get me wrong, I will be crazy the night before and the morning of my surgery, but once I'm there, I'm there and it's up to everyone else to do the work, my worrying was my part!

They keep telling us the waiting is the hardest part and I'm finally beginning to believe them.

Keep in touch, I'll be thinking about you when I'm being 'hooked' up on the 10th!
Unread 12-18-2001, 07:02 AM
Bring on the tears!

Will it hurt alot? Will I be the same person? Lady, I thought the very same things. Will I be the same? was the greatest fear I had before my surgery. I just knew I would wake up this hormonally hairy, scarey monster and noone would want to be around me any more. NEWS FLASH!!! All of my fears were for nothing!

In the end, you may be happy to have your surgery done earlier than originally planned. Does it hurt alot? It hurts, but all pain is managed very nicely with drugs. They will take good care of you at the castle. They will be sure that you are comfortable.

I was actually amazed at how much easier it all was compared to all the scarey pictures that were in my mind before the surgery.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers, Lady! Try not to worry too much.

and s

Sherry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register