Does Anyone's Uterus Feel Like It's Pushing Against Your Stomach? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does Anyone's Uterus Feel Like It's Pushing Against Your Stomach? Does Anyone's Uterus Feel Like It's Pushing Against Your Stomach?

Unread 02-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Does Anyone's Uterus Feel Like It's Pushing Against Your Stomach?

I know most of us have that "pg" feeling, but I was wondering if anyone has noticed that "full" feeling pushing against their stomach? My uterus is tilted "way back" (according to my dr.) and maybe that's why I don't appear as big as my nearly 12 week sized uterus really is. But for the past month, whenever I eat something, my stomach will still feel "full", even after several hours. My eating habits haven't changed, but I'm wondering what's going on down there. Its almost like when I really was "pg" and everything was pushing up towards my ribs. I find myself not able to eat as much--not enough to lose a few pounds, mind you! But I'm hoping this "congestion" will go away after my surgery.

Inquiring minds want to know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2006, 09:40 PM

You just explained the way my stomach feels. I thought it was just gas but I get so much pressure all the way up to my ribs, feels like if someone stuck a pin in me I would POP!!!! I get an incredible full feeling. I have lost 4lbs in the past 2 weeks!!! The feeling in my belly does feel like pregnancy. Hang in there. Not much longer to go!!!!

Amy
Unread 02-11-2006, 12:56 AM

Mine felt that way. You could feel it up passed my belly button.
I was full fast only because of that uncomfortable pressure and pain.
You are almost there! yeah!
I am feeling WONDERFUL now!! Best thing I did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2006, 08:01 AM

Yup, I felt the same way. My uterus was always tipped way back. I have felt, for quite a while, that I had a fullness feeling in my belly & pelvic area that just would not go away. No matter HOW little or how much better I would eat, I could NOT drop a pound. After my hyst., I have lost 7 lbs and I am not even 2 weeks post op. I have a different feeling now, but that is because of the surgery...I tried to sleep on my tummy last night, but it is just still too big. I am SO anxious to know what it will all feel like after this swelly belly goes away.
Unread 02-11-2006, 08:41 AM

I am soooo hoping that a lot of my GERD and gastrointestinal stuff will go away with surgery. I've been eating better so have a better handle on it, but the fullness after eating, and bladder fullness too is so annoying. I have no interest in eating out or even eating at someone elses house because the nausea that hits as soon as the food is swallowed. (no matter if I only eat a little) I certainly could benefit from not eating, but I don't need to wear down my immune system at this point either. The constant fullness and bloating will not be missed!!!
I was just reminded by the surgeon of my tipped uterus! It caused me great difficulty during the birth of my 10lb. DD., and pain while carrying my 10 lb DS. I looked up some info on it, and was amazed to see that it could be the cause of my back symptoms, the doc agreed.

I think it would be fine to feel "optimistic" about surgery helping these other problems after reading numerous post op threads, and also some discussions on a womens hysterectomy/gastrointestinal site I check into once in awhile.
I will be anxious to read your post-ops before my surgery to see how it goes.
Best wishes, and god bless!
Donna
Unread 02-11-2006, 08:50 AM
I had the same problem

Hi (((sisters)))) I had the exact same problem before my LSH and I`m happy to report almost 4 weeks post-op it`s GONE!!!!! YIPEE it was a HORRIBLE feeling I can`t tell u how much better I feel after having this done......like a new ME !!!!!! I hope and pray it the same hold true for all u ladies -in-waiting!!!! ((((HUGS)))) to u all
Unread 02-11-2006, 11:15 AM

Thank you so much, ms.kitty for your words of encouragement! I am SO hopeful that all my problems will be resolved after this surgery.

But this bloatedness is really bugging me along with the nausea that seems to come and go a lot. I checked my weight and it doesn't appear that I've gained anything, but my jeans are so tight across my waist and today in the shower I noticed my belly even looks larger (than usual). Only 9 days left and I'll be able to get this finally resolved!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register