Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Full Steam Ahead

today was surgeon day - to have radiation or not. He said "you are very lucky and 100% cured - no further treatment. I have been jumping up and down inside and numb outside. That was close.

Still Spring Break with the nephew and friend fromWVU...they dragged me out to celebrate the Irish for a few hours yesterday.

My work has been so supportive. Thank God. So I am going back full time 4/7 to NJ office. I hope the work clothes are comfortable.

This site brought me so much comfort - Thank you to everyone for your words and insights for healing. I was able to confirm there were "sisters" out there just like me feeling the same symptoms. Yes the legs are numb, the incision burns at night, I get the weird sensations internally down there, especially with bladder or bowel movements. I learned today they took 14 lymph nodes - I guess that is why it hurts in the groin. I was normal and feeling like everyone else. Every surgeon should have this site to refer patients. Sorry it took me post op 2 weeks and felling real down.

Time does heal and we all proved that this month! Good luck to all and I will remain a supporter. I now will have checkups every 6 months for 5 years. Better than the alternative. I am ready to go - Maybe a little slower, but full steam ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

good morning all. It's 9am here and family have all just left for work & school. AH!!! peace & quiet

Shep we have a Lab that hates water too. Only at bath time though. She seems to know when we start to fill whatever bucket we're going to use and conveniently disappears. How can she tell it's not to wash the car?
She is the most intelligent creature I have ever met. Yet she loves the beach, but never gets in past her knees.

Dans wife I wish I was 1/2 as fit as you sound. I'm 48 and really have let my body down in the excercise department over the last 5 years. I used to play badminton 2-3 times a week but then used the lame excuse that I couldn't afford time away from business. I'm not overweight, but my muscle tone is atrocious. So my new post op resolution is to make sure I increase my fitness level.

Yesterday I had probably the best day so far with no pains, pulls or anything. Really I felt 'normal', so I'm not giong to do anything different today except to increase my walking.

Has anyone seen the video on Randy Pausch that is doing the rounds of OPrah and YouTube sights at the moment. It is truely enlightening and uplifting to watch. (I haven't been able to watch entire thing becasue my computer keeps stalling the video, but what I've seen is amazing)Please watch if you get the chance.

Also looking forward to American Idol tonight.Go the Aussie!!!!!But I do like the guy who sang "ELANORE RIGBY" last week also. I think he'll probably win. Who do you all think will win?

FL I'm so happy for you thar I'm jumping up & down as well, congratulation on such a wonderful outcome

Best wishes to you all for a happy & healing day.
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:34 PM

fort, i am so happy for you!! that is great. how relieved you must feel. we have all been praying for you!! keep taking your time to finish healing!!
blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 04:35 PM

Fortlaurderdale

Fantastic news

Your news brought a giant smile to my face~thank you for sharing your journey~you are a true inspiration
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM

Yay! so glad to hear good news Ft Lauderdale! You lifted my day!
Molly, the other half of Princess is German Shepherd so maybe that's the non-water part of her! She's the best guard dog I've ever seen, our cat now has her own secret service agent when she's in the back yard
Kim
Unread 03-18-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liilaa
About those "fidgets".... I think I recognize them... they visit at night when I'm supposed to be tucked in for the duration....

I've been chalking it up to insomnia... Toss and turn, get tangled in the covers, get up, no... too chilly to get up, lie there WIDE awake, legs won't stay still, uncomfortable, flip, flop... yes, yes,,,I think I've been visited by the fidgits.

Could be adjusting to a new hormonal or lack there of... "state".... or this unusual period of rest might have something to do with it.... Not used to so much inactivity..... Or a deep, warm and lovely nap in the middle of the day (unless I am absolutely wiped out) does most definitely interfere with my sleep patterns at night. Also, doing a little and thinking too much.... I'm trying to quiet my body and mind by getting out and walking everyday for at least an hour.

Mew.. You've mentioned that pain in the leg before... could be nerve related... do you think? Ask Dr. about that or perhaps poke around the site and see if you can find a thread where others are experiencing odd aches and pains.. I know i have this one point in my incision that when I massage, if i press too hard I nearly hit the ceiling... and my belly... gets more swelly on the right than the left... I had a lot of adhesions from past myomectomies and also an appendectomy in the process of my PAH... lots going on in there...

Namaste to you Tanzi!

Peace to all
Hi There sister, I can so identify with you on the FIDGETS!!!!!! Also on to much time with the head and thinking. I am on my own so I have no distractions. I just love this site, although I am having problems getting around it. I am sticking with it because I get great comfort and reassurance from it. LOL
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:01 PM

Hi There sister, I can so identify with you on the FIDGETS!!!!!! Also on to much time with the head and thinking. I am on my own so I have no distractions. I just love this site, although I am having problems getting around it. I am sticking with it because I get great comfort and reassurance from it. LOL
Unread 03-18-2008, 07:17 PM

FL, fantastic news.

It is four weeks today since my surgery. I had it figured that by now I would be feeling no pain and would be just waiting until everything was healed well enough before I went back to work in another 2 weeks. How wrong I was! I just couldn't imagine anything stopping my usual active life. Well it did, and I have taken to the role of being a Princess quite well.

I am looking forward to the coming Easter break. We are having a couple of family get-togethers which will be really lovely, and of course it will break up a bit of the boredom for me.

I find something new and interesting on the site everytime I come on here, and just reading the daily posts on our thread lifts me up. I know the recovery process has its ups and downs, but it's good to know that someone is there with me/us along the way.
Unread 03-18-2008, 07:31 PM

louise, i could relate to your line of thinking. that is exactly what i was thinking too and have been surprised to know that it wasn't what i thought. hang in there sister we will get through it
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:10 PM

FL - WOO HOO!!!! I'm so happy that you have already beat the cancer!!

Shep - Our first german shepherd hated water but the one we have now jumps in the lake on our cul-de-sac every chance he gets! This one is full blooded and we don't think the first one was, so maybe that makes a difference.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register