Does Pap Smear for Uterine Cancer Work? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does Pap Smear for Uterine Cancer Work? Does Pap Smear for Uterine Cancer Work?

Unread 08-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Does Pap Smear for Uterine Cancer Work?

In a couple of weeks, I'll go in for my pap smear to detect recurrance of uterine cancer. I've read some stuff about this, that it's not too effective. I have a wonderful doctor, and I'll talk to him. Do any of you have research resources I can connect to. I'm not finding any. (Yes, you can see, Cancer Head.) Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2006, 02:47 PM
I thought...

Hi, Nott,
I guess I'm unclear on what you're asking.

I thought ladies gave you links to research resources on the thread you started a few days ago...

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=267245

Please help me understand what else you want or what other kinds of links you want. I don't understand the difference between this thread and the other one.

I'm sorry you have cancerhead. We never seem to get too far away from it, do we?

As for PAPs, after the research study MoeKay sited on the other thread, it seems to me the latest researchers are saying a visual exam by a good gyn-onc is more likely to detect a recurrance than a PAP.

However, I also think that whether or not a person has one at every check-up is something for her and her doctor to decide. There may be a specific reason a doctor wants a PAP for a particular patient.

I also think that if having one adds to a woman's peace of mind and helps pound her cancerhead down, then she should have one.

Regards,
Kate
Unread 08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Does Pap Smear for Uterine Cancer Work?

Hi Notts,

I'm with Kate here... You had a very recent post with almost the same question. I'm not sure what you are asking differently? I do believe a number of Sisters responded with some great advice and information.

Is there something in particular that you want to know that previous responses did not address?

Cancerhead is awful. Are you having some symptoms that you are worried about...perhaps causing you a great deal of stress and anxiety.

Please refer to your previous post as I believe many of your questions are answered there.

Hugs, Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register