2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 377 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

On Saturday I got my haircut. Dd went to her friend's confirmation lunch. In the evening we went out to dinner and just relaxed when we got back.

Work has been quiet today. I've been able to get things done. Well back to work. Have a good afternoon/evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2010, 02:26 PM

I noticed that my full message didn't post. Don't know what happened.

I had a nice mother's day. We went out to brunch with my family. It was very good. I got flowers from dd & dh, my brother and goddaughter. I love having fresh flowers in the house and I have a nice variety this week. In the afternoon dh, dd and I went to the movies. We saw Oceans and loved it. It makes me think of ocean life so differently. The whales and dolphins were my favorite part.

Hyper - did you take the boys to go see iron man 2? When we were at the theater there was a long line for iron man. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

So this is the rest of the message that didn't post with my original message. have a good day.
Unread 05-11-2010, 07:49 AM

Good morning,

We had a good weekend. After work on Saturday I took the kids to see Iron Man 2. It was good. I usually don't like those kind of movies, but this one wasn't bad. When I got home from work Sunday, the kids all gave me a homemade gift. DD and lds made theirs at school and BDS made his at home. They were really nice and I loved it. DH and the kids took me out for supper. Yesterday DH took a PTO day and we went grocery shopping and stopped for lunch. Even though we didn't do anything major we had a nice time together. Last night I made soup and sandwiched for supper. Today it's raining and quite chilly. I work today and tomorrow then I'm off until Monday. On Monday I start my new schedule.
I"m going to get as much of my laundry done today and straighten the house before I go to work.

Scrapper I'm glad you had a nice Mother's day. How nice to get flowers. I love fresh flowers as well. I also love going for brunch. There is always such a nice variety of food. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. When we went to see Iron Man the theatre was packed. I hope you have a good day at work.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM

Good morning ladies,

I need another cup of coffee this morning. I think I will go down to the cafeteria to get some.

Today I have to leave work half an hour early at 3pm. Dd has her 6 month checkup at the dentist today. We are going to change into our gym clothes so that we can go to the gym after the dentist.

We are having pork chops for dinner with veggies and probably baked potatoes. After dinner last night, I helped dd study for her spanish quiz she is having today.

Dd has been practicing for her choir audition tomorrow. This is for next school year to see if she moves up to the next choir. I hope she makes it. If not, I told her that for sure by senior year she will be in it.

Hyper - I am glad that you had a nice day with dh yesterday. It's nice just to spend some time together not rushing around. Glad you all enjoyed the movie...it did really well over the weekend. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing Mother's Day. Have a good day.
Unread 05-12-2010, 08:27 AM

Good morning

I did get my house cleaned and some of my laundry done before work yesterday. I'm finishing up the laundry and I think I'm going to go through my closet and clean out what I don't wear anymore. I still need to clean my bathrooms, but I'll do that tomorrow. I have to work this afternoon, so I think 1 project will be enough for today. It's cloudy and chilly and suppose to rain this afternoon. We need some sunshine. They are saying we are suppose to have a sunny, warm weekend. That will be nice.

Scrapper hope all went well with dd's dental appt. Good luck to dd on her audition today. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But you are right, if she doesn't make it this time, she will certainly make it by senior year.

Have a good day.
Unread 05-12-2010, 11:43 AM

Good morning,

Dd's dentist appt went well yesterday. They just took so long. Her appt was at 4:30 and we didn't walk out of there until 6:15. They took some xrays of the molars because they think she has a cavity or 2. They will call me and let me know the results. They will also be capping the front tooth.

After the dentist we went to the gym. I wanted to do the class but we were late so I walked on the treadmill. We got home around 7:30 had dinner and watched some TV. Dd was practicing her song that she is singing today.

Auditions start at 3pm. The choir teacher will post call backs at 5pm. So we will go back to the school at that time to see if dd gets to go back tomorrow for round 2. She was nervous this morning so I told her to relax and enjoy the experience.

Hyper - glad your laundry is almost done. I have two more loads - towels and sheets. Closets - I hope you make progress before you have to go to work. I still need to tackle my closet. I'm planning to work on it the memorial weekend. Enjoy your day at work.

I heard from Lisa via email. She replied to the email I sent with pictures of dd. She is well and feels guilty for not posting here. She's on facebook. Work is good - busy and she also had a relapse with her pneumonia. She is better now.

WEll back to work. Have a good day.
Unread 05-13-2010, 11:18 AM

Hi,

I did get my closet done yesterday. It took me until I had to go to work, but it's a good feeling to get it done. Since I was alone I was able to do it with no interruptions. I'm off now until Monday. Today I washed towels and cleaned my bathrooms. I'm making spaghetti for supper tonight. We don't have anything going on so I'm hoping for a quiet evening.

Scrapper dd's appt. sure did take a long time. Good luck to dd on her audition. I'm sure she was nervous, but you gave her good advice. Thanks for letting me know how Lisa is doing. I miss hearing from her and Jan.

Have a good day.
Unread 05-13-2010, 04:08 PM

Hi ladies,

It's been not too hectic at work today. EVen the phone volume has been OK.

Dd said that 84 students were auditioning yesterday. She was the 3rd one. I picked her up at 5pm and they were half way done. So we went home, to the gym, had dinner and then around 7:45 went to the school to see if the list had been posted of those being called back. It was so dd went to go check if her name was on it. It was and we were very excited. Now today they go back for part 2 of the audition. Today will consist of learning a short song along with dance moves. I hope she makes it.

Hyper - that is great that you got your closet done and you are right it feels so good to be done with it. Very true too about being alone and being able to accomplish it. Enjoy your days off from work. What is your new work schedule going to be? I know you had mentioned it before, but I forgot. Enjoy your relaxing evening. I miss hearing from Jan and Lisa too.

Have a good evening.
Unread 05-14-2010, 11:03 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday the kids went out to play after school. LDS's little friend ate supper with us. Then he and dd took their baths and we watched t.v. the rest of the evening.

Today I went out and got a birthday gift for lds's friend. He is going to the birthday party tomorrow. I stopped at a garage sale on the way home and found 4 pair of pajamas for dd. They were in really good condition. They looked like they were hardly worn. I paid 1.00 per pair. She'll be happy when she gets home. Tonight dd and I have our last lutheran girl pioneers meeting for the year. I have retired so this is my las year as leader. DD's friend is sleeping over tonight, so she will come home with us after the meeting. I'm making tacos for supper.

Scrapper YAY! I'm really happy for dd. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she'll make it today.
My new schedule is Mon, Tues, Wed. and Friday 6am - 9am and every other weekend 6am - 2pm. However, my supervisor called me yesterday and told me a gal in my current unit just gave her notice. She asked if I would be interested in taking it. It's a full time day position. It would be 4 days a week 7am - 2pm and every other weekend 7am-2pm. I had originally planned on waiting to go full time until lds was a little older, but day hours are very rare at my job so I decided to take it, because the opportunity might not come along for quite some time. So I'll go ahead with the other new schedule on Monday and then I'll start this schedule on June 13th. It's 70 hours every pay period, so a bit less that full time, but nearly. I'll be back in the unit I started in, so I'm happy about that. I'm a little nervous about the kids being alone in the summer, but bds will be 16 soon and dd is very responsible. And I'll be home at 2:00 everday, so hopefully it will all work out.

Have a good day at work and a good evening. Good luck again to your dd!
Unread 05-14-2010, 12:20 PM

Happy Friday!!!

It sure is quiet at work today. Even the phones aren't super busy. I'm taking advantage of this time to go through my files on my computer and save, delete, etc. My boss was here for a couple of hours then took the rest of the day off as vacation. She's going to her niece's college graduation.

Well dd didn't make it through the second round for choir. So she will remain the in the current choir group she is in for another year. She was truly disappointed and kept asking why. she said that she felt she did well. They sang and danced in groups of 8. One of her good friends made it and 3 others did not. So last night they kept texting back and forth...asking the same thing...but why. So dd is going to ask her teacher today what she can do to improve? She will try out at the end of next school year again. I'm hoping she will make it for her senior year. Last night before she went to bed she said..."at least I made it through the first round." I told her that's right because not everyone made it through that round. I think she will feel better after she talks to her teacher today.

Also on the way home from the gym we saw a very scary accident in the shopping center by home. We are 1 block from the main street. So we are at the intersection to turn into the street towards home. All of a sudden I see this car flipping over in the shopping center towards the exit. I told dd look at that car. We parked our car at home and walked back. Everyone that was passing by stopped to make sure whoever was in the car was ok. People call 911 right away. The car was upside down. It was an elderly man alone in the car. he appeared to be ok...he was alert and talking to the police before the paramedics arrived. They pulled him out and put him on the gurney and in the ambulance. He is one lucky man...don't know what type of injuries he ended up with. I heard the lady that witnessed it all say that he was cut off by another car and instead of stepping on the brake he stepped on the gas and lost control.

Hyper - is the bday party lds is going to the bowling one? Oh that is a great bargain on the pjs for dd. You can't even buy one pair for $4. Enjoy your last meeting this evening. I'm sure dd is excited about her friend sleeping over. Congrats on the full time day position and even better that it is in your unit. The hours are not bad. Even in the summer you will still be home earlier enough to do things with the kids. I think they will be fine. How far is work from home?

This evening dd and I are going to the mall by home. She wants to use come of her cash & gift cards from her Confirmation. Then we are going to get some frozen yogurt. Tomorrow I'm going to my best friend's house for scrapping. Sunday not sure what is in store yet.

Have a good Friday and enjoy the weekend!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register