2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 380 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning,

Our weekend was nice. It was hard getting up for work this morning. At least it's light out when I leave.

Friday I took the boys to see the movie. It was pretty good. We stopped for supper on the way home. DD went to her party.

Saturday dd came home around noon. She had a great time, but was tired because they didn't get much sleep. I expected that. DH and I went out and ran a few errands and got food for grilling for the weekend. We came home and sat outside and lds and dd played with their friends. DH grilled burgers.

Sunday it rained and was chilly and windy. We relaxed at home and went out for supper.

Monday was a beautiful day. We sat outside most of the day and the kids played. DH grilled pork steaks and chicken. Last nigh it was baths and back to school and work bedtime.

Today I'm doing my laundry. Not much else on the agenda.

Scrapper I hope you enjoyed your 4 day weekend. I hope you were able to finish your closet. It's a good feeling when it's done. I will be turning the big 50 in two years. I look forward to hearing about your weekend.

Lisa it was good to hear from you. Glad to hear things are going well. How nice to take a trip to Disneyland. No cooking and cleaning for 3 days is a vacation in itself! Hope to hear from you again soon.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Good morning ladies,

It has been a quite morning so far. I"ve had no phone calls. My boss is on vacation this week. I"m closing up the May payroll. I have to run the final time report and then I can file it away in my payroll binder.

We had a very nice and relaxing weekend. Friday dd spent the afternoon/evening with 2 of her friends. They went to the movies and to eat. I dropped her off around 1:15 and picked her up at 10:45pm. they had a good time. I spent the day working on my closet. I finished it and love how organized it is. I got rid of 2 bags of items. We will be having a yard sale towards the end of the month. We have been accumulating things. whatever doesn't sell after a couple of weeks, we will donate the rest.

Saturday did marketing, dd had tutoring, then she and I went to Penneys. We found the black shorts she needed for the dance for best friend's sweet 16. Great sale too...they were regular $30 and we got them for $12. She bought 2 other tops. I bought a pair of jeans and 2 tops. Sunday was scrapping day at my friend's house. We got there about 1:30ish and left at 10pm...the time just goes by so fast. Yesterday dd and I went to the gym in the morning and stopped at the marktet and didn't go out the rest of the day. Dh grilled burgers. We spent time in the backyard with the dogs and I did watering. We watched TV and caught up with some shows we had recorded.

Hyper - I agree with you...it was hard getting up for work this morning. Good to hear that you had a nice 3 day weekend. Sounds like you had nice weather too except for the one day.

Lisa -nice to hear from you. Hope you had a good and productive 4 day weekend. Did you tackle your closet after all? Glad you enjoyed cirque du soleil. I've been to a show long time ago and enjoyed it. We haven't heard from Jan in quite awhile. Disneyland sounds so nice. I know you will enjoy your time here...and as Cindy said any time off from cleaning & cooking is a vacation.

Have a great day...back to work.
Unread 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM

Hi girls

I'm trying to get motivated to head off to work, but so far it's not working. DH is off today and when I get done with work he is going to help me pressure wash the back of the house and get the windows done. It is a long overdue project, that I keep putting off. I decided today is the day. I only have about 1 1/2 hours to work this morning. The weather is nice today and then by the end of the weekend we will be near 100, so I better enjoy the nicer weather while I can.

Cindy it sounds like you had a nice long weekend. It sounds like your weather is crazy like ours. Rain one day and then nice the next. Glad your dd had fun at her sleep over.

Scrapper it sounds like you also had a nice long weekend. Congratulations on getting your closet done. I'm still working on mine. Long ways to go, but it will eventually get done. I got the dresser cleaned out though. My sister is having a yard sale soon, so I'm going to give her all my junk and let her try and get rid of it.

We are waiting on a phone call back from dh brother and sil. They have been having lots of problems with their 15 year old adopted daughter and are trying to find a new home for her. We have agreed to take her in and try to get her the help that she needs. They are deciding if they will give us the chance to help her out. I sure hope that they will let her come stay and hopefully she will become a permanent member of our family. They have given up on her and she needs to get out of there so desperately. Any good thoughts you could send this way would be appreciated.

Well I better get off of here and to work.

Have a great day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM

Hello,

I'm dealing with a cluster of cold sores on my bottom lip. They are so itchy and painful once they start to dry up. I felt them coming on yesterday and by this morning it was a cluster of them. I've been applying ointment on them throughout the morning.

work hasn't been too bad today although the phones are busier but not too bad. I have 3 things that I need to get done today. I'm going to take a walk during lunch. The weather is nice for walking...the sun hasn't broken through the haze yet.

Today going to the gym, then have to get gas and make a quick stop at the market.

Dd is excited because they will be getting their yearbooks either today or tomorrow. This is the last week of classes with finals next week. Hard to believe that another school year is just about over.

Lisa - it's nice that you don't have to work for long today. Our weather will be in the high 90's this weekend. It is our church carnival this weekend...I think we will go in the evening when it is cooler. Sending my thoughts & prayers that all works out with the 15yr old and that she can come stay with you.

Have a good day!
Unread 06-03-2010, 08:37 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was dd and lds's track and field day. It was chilly, but I guess that's better than it be so hot for the kids to do their events. It was fun. They had subway sandwiches and chips for lunch. After school we picked up bds and the kids bought a deck of cards over the weekend so we played cards for awhile. We ordered pizza for supper then relaxed for the evening. Today is my day off. I'm going to run a few in town errands. I'm not going to do any chores today, I'm just going to take the day to do what I want. I really don't have anything planned, but it's nice to just relax. I'm am just having the worst luck with my appliances. Over the weekend I was boiling corn on the cob. I forgot to turn the vent on my microwave. All the condensation went into the microwave and shorted it out. It's toast! Luckily they aren't too expensive so we will be purchasing another one. We are actually ordering one online from best buy. They have free shipping and they will install it and haul away the old one. Well I'd better get my shower. and get started on my day.

Scrapper I'm glad you got your closet done. I know how good of a feeling that is. Sounds like dd had a nice time with her friends. I'm glad you were able to find the black shorts that she needed. I'm sorry to hear about your cold sores. I hope they go away soon. My dd gets those inside her mouth occasionally. How exciting for dd to get her yearbook. BDS should be getting his as well. This is my kids last full week as well. Then next week they have Monday and a half day Tuesday which is their last day. I agree it is hard to believe the school year is almost over.

Lisa I hope you got your pressure washing done. It's good that you only had a short time at work, so you and dh could do that. You will be having warm weather. We had a stretch of high 90's the last couple weeks, but now it's back in the 80's. But sunny, so pretty nice. I'm sorry to hear the situation with your 15 year old niece. That is really nice of you to offer to take her in. I will also send prayers that she will be able to come stay with you.

I hope you ladies have a nice day.
Unread 06-03-2010, 10:19 AM

Good morning ladies,

Dd and I had a great workout at the gym yesterday. We made a couple of stops on the way home...I had to get gas and salad & bread from the market. We had dinner and relaxed by watching some TV.

Dd was going to pick up her yearbook from the ASB office before school started this morning. CAn you tell she is anxious to pick it up????

Hyper - that's good that the weather was pleasant for track and field day. The best part of getting your new microwave through Best Buy is that they take he old one. Enjoy your day off and a relaxing one.

Lisa - hope you got the pressure washing done yesterday.

Not much going on this evening. Dd and I will head to the gym and then see what we will do for dinner. Have a good one.
Unread 06-04-2010, 08:28 AM

Hi ladies,

Just got home from work a little bit ago. Yesterday dd had a friend over after school. I made meatloaf for supper and took her friend home after I cleaned up the kitchen. We did baths and watched some t.v. Today I'm meeting my friend for lunch. This evening is our end of year school picnic. It's at the park in town. So, I won't have to cook tonight. Yay! After that I plan to come home and relax. This is my weekend to work. Blah! I really don't like working on weekends. Especially when it gets to be summer time. DD and I are going for a girls day out either Sat. or Sun. when I get off work. I'm not sure what we'll do, but I'm thinking maybe we'll go get a mani/pedi. I think she would enjoy that.

Scrapper I hope dd got her yearbook. I remember always being excited to get my and start looking through it. I just found out that BDS' school mails theirs out over the summer. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Have a good day.
Unread 06-04-2010, 11:31 AM

Happy Friday ladies,

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I heard on the news that there were 2 accidents on the freeway that I take. so I ended up taking the freeway part of the way and then took streets the rest of the way. I still made it to work on time.

Things have been fairly quiet today. I have things to start getting ready for the new school year...such as payroll files, and regular file folders. Yesterday I made my list of files I need to prepare.

Not much going on this weekend. Our church carnival starts this evening so we will go sometime over the weekend. Dd has some studying to do in preparation for finals next week.

Last night dd stayed home while I went to the gym. She was working on an English assignment that was due today. We had dinner and watched some TV. We may be going to the gym today...dd wants to go into the pool. It would be perfect as the weather is really going to heat up into the high 90's.

Hyper - enjoy lunch with your friend today. Yay for not having to cook today. The end of the year school picnic sounds like fun. I'm sure the kids look forward to it. A mani/pedi sounds just perfect. Your dd will enjoy it. My dd always likes to go. We both have gift cards so maybe we will go over the weekend. Yes, dd did get her yearbook yesterday morning. I looked through it when I got home. It is very nice. She's had several friends and some of her teachers sign it. She will take it to school to get the rest of her friends to sign it. That is interesting that your BDS will get his yearbook in the mail over the summer.

Enjoy your day and have a nice weekend.
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:11 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a good weekend even though I had to work. Friday evening was the end of the year school picnic. We had great weather. It was alot of fun and lots of good food. Saturday we stayed home and relaxed. Sunday after work dd and I went for our day out. We did mani/pedis, went out for supper than went to the mall and looked around. DD got some new nail polish and earrings. It was a nice time out. I just got home from work. I'm heading out in a bit to do grocery shopping. This is my last week of the 6-9 shift at work. Next week I go back to my old unit and start my full time days position. I'm not sure what I'm making for supper yet, I'll decide when I'm at the grocer.

Scrapper I hope you had a good time at the church carnival. I look forward to hearing about your weekend.

Have a good day.
Unread 06-07-2010, 01:14 PM

Hello ladies,

I had a hard time getting up this morning. I was still sleepy. My boss is back from her vacation. She looks so rested...she said it was hard getting back to work. Her youngest son graduated from college so she was in Maine. Now both of her sons are done with college. It must be a great feeling.

Our weekend was pretty nice. Friday evening dd and I ran errands and then we picked up dinner. Saturday We did mani/pedis. We had gift cards to different places. So I went right after the gym when they opened to beat the crowds. I took dd for hers after her tutoring session. We went to the church carnival for a little while. Dd was having trouble walking. She hurt her foot in PE last week so she has it wrapped. When we were at home she iced and elevated it. We left the carnival and picked dh up and we went out to dinner. Yesterday dd had dance practice then we met my sisters for dinner. We celebrated one of sister's bday.

My dad is in the hospital. he was admitted yesterday because he was experiencing chest pains and pain down his arm. We thought it was his heart but after all the testing he has fluid build up in his lungs. That is due to intaking too much liquid. Dialysis patients have a restricted amount of fluid they can take in. I spoke to him this morning and they were going to do his dialysis. His doctor said that he would feel much better after the dialysis session. I'm not sure if he will be going home today or if they will still keep him. I'm going to leave work at 2:30 to go visit him and get an update.

Hyper - glad that you had a good time at the school picnic. Sounds like it was fun. Good also that you had nice weather. Your day out with dd sounds like you had a good time. Mani/pedis are always a hit.Hope you got an idea of what you are making for supper when you were at the grocer. I'mmaking pork chops and just need to figure out the sides.

Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register