2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 78 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Prayers and healing thoughts to you, Michelle. Rest & Hydrate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Thanks eleanor and grace for the encouragement. It was a wonderful gift from my dh. I'm just going to relax about it and enjoy it. eleanor even though I have been tempted I have not cleaned. I promise I won't.

wow so many of you have had your 6 wk post op. I'm so happy that they all seem to be positive. Jan you're next, then me. Yay! I hope you will have a positive report to tell us as well. I'm really anxious but I'm also really nervous. I am not looking forward to being poked and prodded. It's hard to believe we've all come this far. I am so grateful to all of you for your help, support and caring. I love you ladies!

Tina I am so happy that you are feeling so good. I've got to scold you for not waiting until your dr said it was o.k., but I still love ya. I'm glad there was no pain or any negative side effects. If I get cleared Friday, I would like to show my dh how much I appreciate his house cleaning gift, if you know what I mean, but I'm am really nervous about. I guess like you said you have to ease back into it. I also feeling like I'm gettting over the hump. These last few days I've had more energy and just really feeling like I'm making progress.

Idahonurse I feel just horrible for everything you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself. Keep us updated as you feel like it.
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:22 PM

hyperhyster.....I know I should be scolded..lol But it was a wonderful time for us. It was different,yaknow. We both knew it was a sppecial moment and neither one of us was nervous.I started out by brushing his hair.ihaven't done that for a long time. my DH's hair is down past the middle of his back, we just took our time and enjoyed each other. I don't seem to have any negative effects. I am feeling pretty good these days. i just finished getting together all my addresses for Christmas cards and am thinkning about going through the phot albums today and organizing them the wasy they should be. I wanted to clean the frig. today, but decided that might be too much in one day since I have already cleaned out my hutch in the kitchen and washed all the collectables in there. Right now I am just relaxing and watching a John Wayne movie. I'm a BIG fan.I hope everyone is feeling great today. Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 01:40 PM

I had my hysterectomy on Oct 8th only left with one ovary. Other one had to be removed because it wouldn't stop bleeding. I am only 30 yrs old so very young to have this done. I have had endometriosis causing me severe pain for over 4 years. Also had an ovarian cyst burst. That was about one of the worse things I have ever been through. So now here I am almost six weeks after surgery. Pathologist found a spot of precancer on my uterus. So it is a wonderful thing that I decided to have this surgery at such a young age. Still have to see an oncologist to find out if I may need further treatment. So very nervous about that. Other than that I am feeling much better now. Still get crampy pain after a busy day, but so much better than it was. I have my 6 wk follow up tomorrow and I can't wait. Having severe sexual desires and am hoping for the OK. *blushing* Also can't wait to get back to work on the 19th. I am getting so bored! So happy that I found this site and have got to hear what other people have had to go through and that I'm not the only one.
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM

nikkic3004 I'm glad you found this site. I hope everything goes well when you see your oncologist.
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:28 PM

*partysign I have to smile to myself after reading the post from the sis who couldn't wait for the "all clear". I go tomorrow for the 6 week appt with my doc- I don't know who's more excited me or my hubby. I haven't even let him touch me because I have poor will-power- so he's more than ready. My doctor did tell me that with the A&P repairs that many women report that it's like being a virgin all over again. I'm so nervous. My very first time was horrible and I was very young- I want this time to be so special. I've expalined that to my husband and he agrees. I wish I was this nervous and held out like this in my teenage years (snicker). Just hoping that all goes well!!! Boy- we can say anything here can't we/ Staci
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
I did a stupid thing!!!

I did a stupid thing!!! I finally saw my DH after three days we did a lot of talking and talking turned to other things and figuring the doctor said 6 weeks and with my post appointment being pushed to the 23rd of this month we figured we would be okay. I was very nervous but it was all good it felt diffrent I noticed that i was still pretty numb there I could feel pressure and it wasn't a bad pressure by any means. It was a very nice moment and i was fine afterwards, that is until this morning. The more I walked and the more I did the more pain I have found myself in. You know since I went out of town to see my daughter on Sat, I haven't put my feet up I just have been on the go since. Part of me thinks regardless of my dh and I and what we did i probably would have felt this way anyway, probably not as bad though. well I guess it I will be resting the rest of the day and hopefully by tomorrow it will be better.
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Jenn I am glad you and your DH were able to talk. Boy I guess there was something in the air for intimate moments! HMMM maybe that would make me sleepy.... Jenn you may be right about the collective amount of activity. Other sisters have warned us that even when we get the all clear to be back to normal we will still be tired and maybe sore for awhile. So I say as usual listen to your body and rest.
Take good care of yourself,
Jan
P.S. I am way too much of a chicken to do anything without my doctor's ok so DH is out of luck and most likely I will be wide awake again!!
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:51 PM

wackadoo it's nice to hear you and dh talked. It was obviously a good talk. lol I would tend to think your pain is probably caused from being on the go since the weekend. Rest up and take care.
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM

Anybody else start back at work yet?? What do you say to people that remark about you not having your period any more and how great that is!! There are some people that I work with that feel that I "milked it" for staying out 6 weeks. Can you believe that? I had a LAVH but frankly I needed the whole 6 weeks. My enerygy level is good but at nght I go to bed early (9PM) I'm too tired to stay up later.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register