Pampering DH's | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pampering DH's Pampering DH's

Unread 03-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Pampering DH's

I have been thinking about this for a week or so and wanted to toss it out to my fellow sisters for ideas .....

Dont think I am crazy, but I want to pamper my DH before he needs to be pampering me. I especially want to make that wait prior to surgery as less stressful as possible. I was thinking of taking my laptops and loading the same computer game on them so we could have game wars. Since they wont be hooked to the internet, there shouldnt be any problems.

I am also making up a basket of all of his favorite "treats" and enclosing a love letter to leave for him to find when he comes home the day of the surgery and I am still in the hospital.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions or thoughts?

Tamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 06:29 AM
Pampering DH's

BRAVO Tamie!!! You are not crazy and you are not alone. I don't know how I would have gotten through these 3 months of waiting for surgery without my DH. He is my everything and like you, I want him to know how very much I love him and appreciate what he's done for me. I can't leave "a little surprise" at home for him because he plans on staying at the hospital with me, but I really think it's a great idea! I plan on a quiet candlelight dinner for us the weekend before my surgery. I want to tell him how very much his strength and compassion have carried me these past few months. I found a beautiful card, which I wrote a letter to him inside, that my mom is going to give him during my surgery. Last year during my surgery my mom said he was a wreck waiting for me to come back from the OR. I tried to think of something to make that wait less stressful for him this time. Our passion in the summer is fishing, just can't wait to get our boat out on the lake! I plan to get the latest copy of InFisherman magazine and insert all kinds of silly post-it notes inside for him to find. That should help to keep his mind occupied and before he knows it I'll be back from the OR. I feel truly blessed to have my DH and I will never take the things he does for granted.

Take Care

Pam
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:34 AM
I think this is great!

What sweet posts! I love all the ideas and will keep these in mind for the future. Asking my dh to take over while I'm recovering will be asking alot and I want him to know how much I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 08:23 AM
S H M I L Y

Thanks you doglover1735, WisSis and Spatter

What perfect ideas for the DH’s. I will be writing a few love notes for him, and hiding them in places I know he will find. Like in his socks, pants pockets, in his pillow, on the laptop computer and even in the medicine cabinet. I will also wait till the day of my surg and have a nice HOT SHOWER, just so there is lots of steam. Then write the word…. S H M I L Y on the mirror….. there is a wonderful letter I read a few years ago about this S H M I L Y about an elderly couple and they would write this every place. I have done it a few times on the mirror in the bathroom and it has always made his day start off really good.
SHMILY stands for

See
How
Much
I
Love
You

Think i will also make him a Cheese Cake ( he loves them) with the word S H M I L Y on it.
Your sister in waiting
Barb
Unread 03-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Pampering DH's

I absolutely LOVE this post!! What great ideas!!!
Oh! And Wis Sis~ What about having flowers/ balloons/ cookies/ etc delivered for hubby from you at the hospital?? That would sure surprise him!
I have been trying to find a way to show my DH my appreciation as well and have been kind of drawing a blank, until now! I just had a thought that I would go get him some CD's that he's been wanting, he needs some new t-shirts and undies, etc. Things that he wouldn't go out and get himself, and will get me out of the house! hehehe
Hugs to all of you and your sweet hubbies!
Unread 03-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Pampering DH's

You are all awesome ...I love the ideas that you posted.

I cant wait to get busy on his treats.

Tamie
Unread 03-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Pampering DH's

You all just gave me an idea -- we use to write letters (everyday actually) when he was gone... I think I'll write a letter and have it given to him after I'm in surgery. I'm having a friend of mine come to be with him - I'm concerned about his health situation and the stress - so she can play 'postman'.
Unread 03-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Pampering DH's

Sandy: I think that's a great idea! I'm sure I'll have another family member there the day I have my surgery too. Keep the ideas coming, girls! I think the more we pamper our dhs, the more WE will benefit in the long run ... lol.

Stacey
Unread 03-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Pampering DH's

Thanks Klassicblonde !!! What a cool idea. I can send DH a surprise while we are at the hospital. What a hoot !

Take Care Everyone

Pam
Unread 03-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Pampering DH's

You are very welcome Wis Sis! I was just out shopping for a little bit and found a great pair of PJ pants and tshirt for hubby as a surprise. Figured I got some new jammies, why shouldnt' he? I was also thinking that for those of you who have their castle visit coming up, you can always get something small and hide it in your suitcase to give him once surgery is over too. Pack an extra CD player and get him an audio book, a CD he's been wanting, so he has something to do while you sleep. Seems silly, but when my DH was in the hospital ages ago, I loved coloring books! I colored while he slept.
Does he have a favorite treat, candy, cookie? Pack a goodie bag with little treats that he loves, but maybe doesn't get all that often. You could probably even sneak in a plastic wine glass and a couple of small size bottles of wine for him in case he needs a little nip to settle his nerves... hehehe
Happy Spoiling Ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register