Back One week later ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back One week later ! Back One week later !

Unread 08-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Back One week later !

Hi everyone,

I am now back from the castle surgery was on 03/08/04 or 08/03/04 , was a long op 4 and half hours as surgeon said difficult access and he could not remove all my cervix, of which I am fine with, however since op constant like sharp or almost burning pain low left side any one else had this?

I have also got a bit of a skin infection and on antibiotics, the weekend was quite rough felt sick most of the time howcome?

The cut is about 8 to 9 inches and is not yet healing 100% bit better today though slightly gungy only Yuk!

The first 3 days felt really good and since then feel quite rough, please tell me this will go soon.

During op was also put in a implant of estrogen which will last 3 to 4 months and then am thinking of having the gel (sounds easy)
will let you know how it goes.

Thankyou to everyone for there kind messages, my stay was very comfortable we even had our own TV, phone and computer screen above our beds didnt even miss the final Big Brother (sad I know!) which we had to purchase a ticket for or pay by card, the ward was newly decorated through and there was only 4 to a room. So all in all was a bit like a hotel !!

Please feel free to e-mail me if you like, luv to you all

tiniegil xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2004, 01:36 PM
How's the hot flashes?

Hi,
I noticed we had the same surgery, same day. Was wondering how your nights are going. I am having night sweats with sweat litterally dripping off me along with freezing cold chills at the same time. Along with this I have terrible nightmares and wake up with a migrain. I'm at the point of being afraid of going to bed! I go to bed with two towels underneath me and soak those , p.js. the sheets bed pad, on the entire kingside bed. It's worse than I ever imagined. My Dr has me on 2 mg's etradoil, and taking about swithing to the patch.

You sound acutally kind of cheery in your post. Are you having any of these problems? It is now 8 days and I'm still in a lot of pain and feeling so weak. How are you doing? I think I'll buy the book called "Sudden Menopause". I need all the help I can get.

Hope you are doing better than I am! Good Luck,
Me Jane
Unread 08-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Back One week later !

Hello to both - on both sides of the Atlantic.

Remember - we all heal in different ways, at different times - don't think there is something wrong because yours doesnt seem to be going the same way as another Princess!

- I had my Op on 14th July - I'm officially 4 weeks today, and I have to admit I feel bloody awful today. - The first 3.5 weeks have been fine. The drain area of my incision was a bit open and gloopy for a few days but the district nurse came in and had a look and said it was fine and normal. I kept a bit of gauze on it because it is half hidden by the swelly belly, and I felt it may be getting unnecessarily sweaty there Yeuk.

On Monday however, I was drying myself after showering and felt a sharp pain, and when I examined the scar in the mirror I could see red inflamation. I got to the doctors that night and he confirmed that I had an infection and so am back on the stinky anti-biotics which make me feel rancid, but also work as a laxative so I am running to the toilet any time I expend any energy.

That being said, I can't believe I've had the surgery I've had and feel so well. I know the Antibiotics coupled with the infection are making me feel low, but the inflation is already dying down adn so I hope to be back firing on all cylinders tomorrow.

So all I have to cope with is the boredom factor now.... bored, bored, bored, bored. Although, I dusted today, loaded the washing machine, made lunch and made the bed (- the last one wasn't too clever).

Hope all goes well...... remember Boredom is good. It means you aren't doing anything.

Dylan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Back One week later !

I had the lower sharp burning pain too on my left side. It lasted 6 weeks with me. The doctor said it was probably a cut nerve or muscle and said it would eventually get better. The seventh week went with no pain and then on the eighth week I did a lot of walking up & down stairs and my right side hurt so bad for a few days. Now I'm better but can feel a tugging if I move funny. It takes time!!

Unread 08-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Back One week later !

Hello Ladies!
I too had my surgery on Aug 3rd! TAH/BOS. I started HRT premarine 0.652 mg 3 days post op and I feel great!
(The family says I must be doing well because I am so bored)
I have noticed a few "warm" flashes but nothing to bad, the doctor said we'll have to adjust the dose but wants to wait a couple of weeks.
I'm glad your all doing better, and I have to admit that, yes waiting was the hardest part of the surgery!

Congratutlations to my fellow
Unread 08-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
Thanks so much for the post. The more women I get letters from that had recent surgeries is somehow quite helpful. It is important for me not to stay on the pity pot too long as depression is also one of my demons.

I am so sorry to hear about your infection. It's good you did not ignore you signs. I'm sure with the antibiotics you will fee better soon.

I'm surprised to hear you had a drain. I didn't have one and also no antibiotoics. Each Dr is so different. How are your hormones? Any trouble? I'll try my hardest to be bored. It's good advise.
MeJane
Unread 08-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Back One week later !

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your replies, nice to know your not alone, here is a quick update, the pain on the left seems slightly better and was partly due to a bit of a skin rash to and like you say possible nerves healing.

A good tip : don't eat peanuts I nearly went throught the roof when it did not go down and made me cough , worse pain you can imagine!

Went to my surgery on Wednesday and they said just to keep wound dry at all times ( I use the hairdryer on a low heat)And went to the hospital today as requested by surgeon(he even rung uup the hospital on his day off and offered to come in and see me as I had a bit of temp and infection, loyalty or what!) he has said it still has bugs in the wound and has given me some iodine type stuff to clean it with 2 times a day and for my local surgery to check it every other day.

Other than that the only problem I have is the bottom of my stomach feels like someone has put a brick in it and is dragging downwards anyone else had this ?

I like you Dylan also had 2 stomach drains and it is again the left side that seems to worse, the thing with drains is you don.t get any below bleeding at least i never had any after day 1.

I am taking it easy like a good princess and being spoilt by my family hope you all are too, how often is everyone walking I reckon I am doing about 3/4 to hour through the day ?

I have not had any night sweats sinnce my op and implant of estrogen which apparently last for 4 months

Luv to here from you all

Tiniegil xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register