When Does It Start? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When Does It Start? When Does It Start?

Unread 04-03-2006, 10:03 PM
When Does It Start?

Thanks for all your replies. This last visit with Aunt Flo (she is still here, darn it!!) I started getting hot flashes. They are terrible. And one other thing, does anyone else have day sweats??? I don't sweat when I am sleeping but have had 3 episodes of getting soaking wet during the day, when I least expected it. And it's not the same time as the hot flash. It's 2 different occurences.

CountryRose: you ARE having day sweats too? I thought I was developing another medical problem.

I had my pre-op today. Was quick & easy. Tomorrow I see my GYN and will hopefully get some answers to my "new" symptoms. Can you not be perimenopausal and go right into menopause? Or do you have to be peri first?? I know I was tested for being perimenopausal and my doc said I wasn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2006, 06:02 AM
When Does It Start?

Terri
I had my SX 1 wk ago today. No symptoms here yet.
Unread 04-04-2006, 09:32 AM
When Does It Start?

I also had my surgery a week ago and no patch. Not symtoms yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2006, 09:45 AM
When Does It Start?

I'm on a chemically-induced menopause (have been having zoladex injectios for over 2 and a half years now) and before my HRT kicked in I was having the most amazing day and night sweats It got so bad one day, a lady in a shop brought me a chair and electric fan, plus a towel...she wanted to call a dr, but I told her it was menopause Cue lots of 'Oh no! It can't be! You're too young! It must be something else!' Plus lots of interested shoppers dropping their opinions into the mix I think I increased their trade that afternoon...come see the freak on the chair! She leaks!
Unread 04-04-2006, 03:15 PM
When Does It Start?

Sorry, just realised how bad that sounds...the HRT sorted me out. Hot sweats and other symptoms are pretty much non-existent now. I've had the injections before and didn't suffer half of the symptoms that I had when starting these ones...go figure! Everyone is different (how I love to state the obvious )

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register