So much for Hawaii - UPDATE | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So much for Hawaii - UPDATE So much for Hawaii - UPDATE

Unread 07-11-2006, 11:11 AM
So much for Hawaii - UPDATE

Can you believe it? We didn't lose our money on the house we rented in Hawaii after all! My husband just happened to run into a woman from our church the other day, and he told her about my surgery and the cancellation of our trip. Several hours later, she called to say that she and her husband wanted to rent the house from us! So now THEY are leaving for Hawaii on July 23, and we got all our money back! I am SO relieved. Now when we finally do go, many months from now, they can give us a review of the house before we rent it again.

As for me, I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 tomorrow morning for surgery at 7:30 am. I am so glad to be first on the schedule. I just want to get it over with. Even though my bleeding crisis ended almost a week ago, I still feel lousy, and I get dizzy any time I'm up and around. I went for my pre-op physical yesterday, and my doctor repeated my blood count. Last time she checked, my hemoglobin was 10.7. As of yesterday, it is 7.8!!! No wonder I don't feel so well. Bring on the surgery so I can get on with the recovery!
CatherineT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2006, 12:45 PM

CatherineT,
This is such great news - I hope your friends have a wonderful time and when your chance comes to get to go that it is the vacation of a life time. My thoughts and prayers will be with you - you are going to feel so much better!!
_________
TAH/BSO Stage IIC Ovarian Cancer, PCOS, Uterine Fibroid
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:32 PM

I'm so glad for you that everything turned out good!Good luck tomorrow with your surgery and recovery.Let us know how you are when you feel up to it. You will be in my prayer's,feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2006, 08:42 PM

Thank you both! I'm just doing my bowel prep now, and then off I go EARLY in the morning.

The bowel prep is making me nervous. I drank the phosphosoda around 5 pm and have been drinking my clear liquids as instructed. I'm already to the point where only clear liquid is coming out of me and yet I have to take 4 laxative pills in 20 minutes! That sure seems like over kill. Besides that, I have to do a suppository first thing in the morning. I have a feeling I won't get any sleep tonight.
CatherineT

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register