Sex after TVH w/A&P repairs,etc. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after TVH w/A&P repairs,etc. Sex after TVH w/A&P repairs,etc.

Unread 07-27-2008, 06:08 AM
Sex after TVH w/A&P repairs,etc.

I am scheduled for TVH, A&P repairs, TOT & Sacrospinous ligament fixation and have read from many ladeies that you are really 'tight' after this surgery. My question to those who have had this done, how did things work out sexually once you were cleared to resume sex? (How "tight" is tight?); thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2008, 06:02 PM

IrishMari--

In my original surgery, I had a TVH, anterior repair and a TOT (plus a McCall's culdoplasty). I don't think I was that 'tight', BUT I also have to say that most people think the posterior portion of the surgery is what can often cause one to feel 'tight' or even sometimes a bit of pain.

It truly seems to depend on your doctor and how much s/he will stitch things up. I also later had a rectocele/posterior repair along with perineal repairs done last year when I had mesh removal (2/07). The perineal repair took longer to heal but afterwards, the feeling or sensation of being too tight, never happened for me then either. My doctor was careful to make sure I never had that problem.

I suggest that if this is a concern for you, you need to discuss it with your doctor ahead of time and let him/her know that you want to know more about what is planned for you in this area.

Sending you positive +++ thoughts and extra good vibes.......
Unread 07-29-2008, 04:36 AM

Thank you, OrahDeb, for your reply. My surgery is tomorrow and I've got my 'mini-list' of questions/concerns to ask /or remind the Dr. about. She's been very good and gone over everything so she'll welcome anything more I want to know.

It appears that no matter how similar surgeries are it still boils down to each individual's doctor, surgery and recovery progress as to how they feel. Thanks, again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2008, 06:40 AM

Yes, it IS very individual. Another thing, for the ones that I've heard from who have felt 'tight', they've said that when they persevere and take things slowly, eventually that 'tight' feeling does go away and things feel better. It takes a bit of getting used to but it does help to make sure one is fully healed and has the doctor's okay.

May everything go smoothly tomorrow!

Sending you +++ thoughts and good vibes.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register