Everyone else my age is having a baby! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Everyone else my age is having a baby! Everyone else my age is having a baby!

Unread 06-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Everyone else my age is having a baby!

I am 28 and almost all of my friends are either pregnant or have a baby. It's really frustrating, I feel like my husband and his family are my only support. My surgery is three weeks from today and I'm getting nervous and I feel like there's no one I can talk to except the gals here. I'm so happy I found this site but I wish there was someone other than my husband I could talk to in real life. So frustrated.
Does anyone else feel this way, 28 or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Re: Everyone else my age is having a baby!

Hi Julie,

I was originally diagnosed with fibroids at age 30. I was completley floored. I was not married, but my friends were all having children and I was shocked, hurt, kept wondering why it was happening to me. I always thought I would get married and have kids and my plans just shifted course.

I did not know anyone who had experienced what I was going through.

I have to think it's particularly hard at your age since more women deal with these issues at an older age.

Now that I'm facing round 2 and I'm 41, it's easier for me to just blurt it out and people are quite supportive. I don't broadcast it, but close friends and family know what's going on.

I hope this site is helpful for you.

I wish you the best!

Diane
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:26 AM

Hi Diane,
Thanks for the reply. It helps to know I'm not alone in the world of feeling alone. I was diagnosed with fibroids at 24, PCOS at 10, and enometriosis at 15. So, I've been dealing with this for a while and it wasn't the hysterectomy wasn't a surprise. It just is a little overwhelming. I do love this website though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2012, 11:32 AM

Julie, you are not alone! I remember when my best friend called to tell me me she was pregnant - I hadn't had my hyster yet, but was on fertility treatment that wasn't working and I am 11 years older than she is - I lay down fetal position on the floor, tears flowing, screaming inside when I kept saying hmm, unhu, hmmm, yeah on the phone to her, while my husband thought I was having a heart attack or someone died! My friend never knew. I distanced myself for a long time while friends were having babies. I think it is one of the hardest things in the world. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:41 AM

I can understand your feelings. I am 29 and scheduled for LAVH/BSO on Aug. 8th. Actually the weekend before my surgery I am hosting a baby shower for a longtime friend. I have had the realization today though after getting the results of my FSH test that God has a plan and timing for everything in life, this included. My hubsand and I were blessed with two fantasitcally rowdy boy that at the time we had not planned for. (We had wanted to be married 5 years before we had kids and ended up having 1 almost at our 2 year anniversary and had the 2nd one a month before our 5 year) But after I spoke with my provider this morning and found out that my ovary production is sketchy as best I realized that if we had waited like we had planned I might not have had either of my boys since with my numbers as of today I would have been extremely difficult to conceive. I don't know about your faith but mine is in God and even when we don't see his timing or planning eventully it is laid out before us. There is a plan for your and your husband and this is just part of your journey. I wish you the very best for your surgery and will pray for you comfort, healing and patience as this approaches. We are lucky to have such a great forum to vent, get support or just ask questions and I know everything will work out for you! Best of luck!!
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:49 PM

Than you so much everyone! The support is making me feel so much better.
I have faith that God has a plan for me. We're just waiting for that plan to come to it's full fruition.
Unread 06-26-2012, 05:48 PM

I can understand your feelings to the T. I am 25 and scheduled for Surgery this Monday i do know how you feel i was dignossed with PCOS a 21 and they said it went unteated for 9 yrs i dont have enometriosis though and i had been getting lots of cyst on my overie's if you need someone to talk to fill free to privite message me I
Unread 06-26-2012, 06:13 PM

Thanks, Silverangel! You must know exactly how I feel!
Unread 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Everyone else my age is having a baby!

It is a struggle not many people understand. At 17 I was diagnosed with endometriosis. A year later I went through another surgery and was told that if I ever wanted to have kids I needed to start trying. I was 18 at that point. I was able to have two children (against all odds). At 24 years old I had a TAH and they had to take everything. I am still in shock that my body went through that at such a young. While in the hospital I walked to the cafeteria with my husband for the nice lady at checkout to ask if we just had our first kid. I nicely informed that I had two children and just had a hysterectomy. I thought that lady was going to fall over she was completely shocked and I know she felt bad.
Unread 06-26-2012, 07:08 PM

That makes me feel so much better to hear stories from ladies that had their hysterectomy in my age bracket. I'm sure it was really hard for you but I hope that your TAH worked out well for you and that you found relief for your endo!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register