Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 97 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Wondering how the April 23-30 girls are doing?

I haven't seen anyone posting in a while. Is anyone still around or have you all gone back to everyday life? Just wondering how everyone was getting along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Hey luvsquilt! I found this post floating out there and merged it here. By replying to ya'lls club thread, you will be sending email notifications to the members who were participating here.

Hope this helps!
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:02 PM

Thanks Kathy!

Hi Robin! All's well. I go back to school next week. We just found out that the school that our program is housed in doesn't have room for us this year, but they haven't figured out where to put us yet. Can you imagine? I will have to move two classrooms to another school before next Wednesday, and I don't even know where we're going yet! Ugh.... I love these last minute shifts. We usually know when we end one school year if we'll have to move before the next year starts. This is going to be a doozy for us. Between that and having to bring my son to college on Monday I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I hope your hot flashes are getting better. I think about you and all our sisters often.

xoxo
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 09:45 PM

Hi Tracy,

There's nothing like finding out that the school doesn't know where they are going to house you two weeks before it starts, is there? I'm doing ok, but I still have the hot flashes. And the night sweats and the insomnia. I thought my mood swings had finally settled down but it seems lately that I get moody at the least little thing. But there has been a lot of stress in my house lately also, so I'm sure that is part of the problem. I'm still not on HRT and probably never will be. Everything healed well. It seems like a lifetime ago since the surgery. I do miss our little group and all the things we talked about. How we were all so nervous and found out it wasn't nearly as bad as we figured. Lately I've been going through these crying jags and I've never been like that before. It's like the smallest thing makes me sad. It has to do with the hormones, or lack of them. I'm hoping this too shall pass. I think it's nothing a good vacation someplace different wouldn't cure.

I can't believe how time has flown since we all had our surgeries. I never hear from too many people anymore. Guess everyone went back into their life the way it was before the surgery. If everything stays ok, I don't have to have another pap smear until next year. They took everything out but my cervix, unfortunately. It's stuck in there with the endometriosis. I wouldn't mind paps so much if they didn't hurt so bad.

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Sounds like most of the other girls are doing well also.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

HUGS!!

Robin
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Update

Yes, life has returned to normal (busy, busy, busy). I usually only check in when I get an email that there has been a new posting to this thread.

I went to the Dr. and he told me the hair loss was not related to the loss of estrogen. He said it's normal for women to have periods of temporarily increased hair loss. Sure enough I seem to be back to a normal amount of hair coming out when I shampoo.

Luvs2Quilt, I'm still suffering with you when it comes to these infernos known as hot flashes. I did get a prescription from my Dr. for Estradoil. Unfortunately, after reading all the side effects, I'm afraid to take it! Side effects include breast cancer, gallbladder disease, blood clots (which could lead to heart attack or stroke), liver problems, weight gain, increased/decreased interest in sex, dementia, mental mood changes (severe depression and memory loss, patchy darkening of skin on the face. Caution must be exercised in operating machinery, driving or doing any activity that requires alertness. Prolonged exposure to the sun must be avoided (I'm going to Florida for 2 weeks and I plan to sunbath on the beach at every opportunity). Finally, I'm a smoker and that increases the risks of the most serious side effects like heart attack and stroke. So for now I choose to keep toughing it out. Crank up the air conditioner, wear minimal clothing and get naked when you can!

Eva
Unread 08-26-2007, 04:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

Good to hear from some of you. Summer is almost over. Kids start school in about a week. I just can't believe it. I am not a big fan of winters. Yack, and I live in WI.
I have truly enjoyed this Summer. It was wonderful not to worry about bleeding etc.

I am doing well. Trying to exercise as much as possible. I can tell that my stomach muscles are SLOWLY getting stronger. As long as I can see some progress I am ok. Even if it is very little. This past week I went bowling and my stomach was sore the next day. I was kind of surprised but have now had a couple of days of the usual pulling, stinging that comes and goes. OH, well!! I know it is normal.

One of our employees had a baby about 2 weeks ago and I went down to visit her at the hospital. My hyst. doctor happened to deliver her baby (her doc was on vacation) and I bumped into him in the hallway. When he asked what I was doing in the maternity ward I told him the hyst didn't take.
He was often joking around with me so I just had to get him back.

Tina
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:42 PM

Hi Helti,
Boy, time sure goes by fast. It seems like it was just the beginning of the year when most of us found out we needed the surgery and we were asking each other questions, talking about our fears, etc. Now look at us. Just about all of us have had the surgery and are back to our regular lives. Even though I didn't want the surgery, it was nice getting to know so many kind women on this board. We had our little group, if you want to call it that.

Most of us talked about our innermost fears and private things that we wouldn't normally talk about. I remember the day I found out that I needed the surgery. I was so scared and frustrated and overwhelmed to hear that word "surgery" because it scared me to death. By the time it came to have the hyst, even though I didn't want it, I came to finally accepting it. It's not that I wanted kids. It's just that I didn't want to go through surgical menopause. It hasn't been fun, that's for sure. I'm still not on any form of HRT. My drs. think it's too risky considering I have other health problems. I get so hot. You should see me sweat when I'm cleaning my house. The stuff is dripping off of me. The moodiness comes and goes. I think the insomnia is slowly getting better. And I'm only borderline anemic now. Before the surgery, my blood was so low I was sleeping all the time. Now I actually have energy and I've noticed that I don't take naps anymore. It's probably why I'm sleeping better at night.

Right after the surgery I was in such a rush to get better really quick. But I found out that the best healer is time. There was a point when I was 4 weeks post op and still having pains and telling myself I'd never get better. Now, I never even think about the surgery. My stomach has healed well. I'm thankful for that. I had gallbladder surgery at the same time and now I can finally eat without feeling sick to my stomach. I don't miss my period and I love not having to plan things around my period. Before, I'd have to schedule things for times when my period wasn't coming. The last 2 periods before the surgery were very bad. I guess what really surprised me the most was that for years my periods were always right on time, like clockwork. No problems at all. Then one month last year, last September, my period came a week early and I was bleeding severly and I knew right then that something was wrong. All these years I never knew I had fibroids or endometriosis.

I still have to have pap smears. My cervix is just about glued in there due to adhesions. The surgeons couldn't take it out. Said it was too dangerous. So other than that, everything is okay. Today I was really sweating because it was so hot out. I go through deodorant like crazy and it doesn't matter how many showers I take. The sweat still comes. I wonder how long this is going to last?

For years my back always ached about a week before my period. I thought it was normal. Now I don't have the back pain anymore because I had no clue it was endometriosis. I had my surgery a little more than 4 months ago.

One of the schools here is having a discussion on Menopause. I'm going to sign up tomorrow. The dr. that is talking is a ob/gyn and he also deals with hormonal issues. Maybe I can get some information from him. What I like about these groups is that they keep them small. I think the lecture, or whatever you want to call it, is going to be in early to mid September.

I'm glad you are doing well and I hope all the other girls are also. I just noticed that you had your hyst on the same day I had mine. Mine was at noon. I wanted a morning surgery but they couldn't get the OR until noon.

I don't hear much, if anything, from anyone anymore. Do you? I guess everyone went back to doing what they have to do.

Keep in touch when you can,

Robin
Unread 08-27-2007, 06:34 AM

HEY Y'ALL!!!

Robin, let us know if you learn anything exciting and new about menopause at your seminar. I'd be curious to know if they can offer any medical insights that we haven't heard. Bringing my son to college today, then back to work tomorrow! Boooooooooo!

Tracy
Unread 08-27-2007, 06:54 PM

Tracy,

I'm going to bring a small notebook to take notes. If I learn anything new, I will let you know. Good luck going back to work. It seems as if the summer has flown by.

Robin
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:43 PM

Well I found out yesterday that my sons teacher just had surgergy and will not be back to school for 6 weeks. Something sounded familar so I called her. She just had a hysterectomy. Everything happened so fast for her that she had no time to do any research or learn anything so I HAD to tell her about hystersisters. They thought she had cancer (had a grapesize cyst on her ovarie) and the doc was so worried that he actually came in and did the surgery on her on a Saturday. Thank God it was not cancer.

Have a great labor day weekend.

Tina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register