Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Sorry you aren't feeling well DiamondSister. Good luck with all your tests and I hope you will be feeling better soon!

My bladder issues still persist and I am waiting to hear from the doctor this morning.

Sending warm thoughts of good health to all my Sisters and hope you all have a sunny day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsister
Kathy - I agree I always feel better in the sunshine - I love sitting outside, but it's a chilly cloudy 59 deg out today - can you send some of your 80 deg. my way.

Everyone have a good day and keep smiling
Beverley,

Thanks for the thoughts, I will most definitly send you some sun and heat and you can send a little of your cool weather here. Maybe my HD can bring it back from England on his way home. Have a great day!

PS. Beverley, You are in my thoughts in prayers. I hope the appt with the consultant goes well. blessings. Kathy
Unread 10-11-2007, 11:22 AM

Diamondsister -
my prayers and thoughts are with you --
Just remeber the God never gives us more that we can deal with --
but sometimes we have to wonder why he trusts us with so much.
Hopefully you will start feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone
Went to see my doc today - seems my inflammed liver (caused by infection after op) isn't quite normal yet so had to go for more blood tests today
Asked doc about HRT she said because of my age (48) she wouldn't recommend it - because of health risks. Told her so far no hot flushes - she said they could still come but unless they were really bad and interferred with life - not to take HRT.
Doc has signed me off for three months (one month already taken) and if I want to go back to work sooner I have to get a release note from doc by law. Doc said after 6 wks to try and start doing more household jobs to strengthen muscles or they will become weak. Just waiting now to see Consultant in 2 wks time to find out biopsy report - as had cancer cells in womb.
Have a good day everyone - but don't overdo it
Hi Beverley,

Hope everything goes well with your biopsy report. Prior to the op I had a polypectomy and they found that I had a polyp which had turned nasty(cancerous) very quickly. A previous biopsy had not shown anything. My surgeon has contacted me personally by telephone (really surprised me) to reassure me that they did not find any other signs of cancer and therefore I do not need any follow up treatment. They will keep an eye on me every three months for the first year then less frequently. It was a relief to know this as I am not due to see him until 8weeks post op as I am away when the 6week check is due. It is hard not to imagine the worst when cancer is mentioned but I did not seem to panic too much when I was first told.
Try not to worry until you get your results
Unread 10-11-2007, 02:09 PM

Thank you Hyster Sisters for all your kind thoughts and prayers.
Good night and sleep well
Unread 10-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Setback...

I never thought I would use the word setback this close to my 5 week mark.
I don't know what is going on, but I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow to find out.
Below my insision line I have enormous pain and slight swelling. It hurts to pee, it hurts to sit and it hurts to stand. I feel like crying.
I thought I was doing everything right and I was looking forward to going back to work soon.
Gonna do testing tomorrow, unsure what they are looking for.
I hope it is something minor like a UTI.

Thanks for listening Sisters and much love and healing to you all.
Unread 10-11-2007, 04:46 PM

Christy, I'm so sorry you are having a set back. Your recovery was going so well, I hope you feel better I hope they can figure it out quickly and get you some relief!

Hopefully you some good painkillers left to help.

Hang in there, Your in my prayers.

Kathy
Unread 10-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Hello Sisters,

Went for my 2nd post op visit today and had my first pelvic exam since surgery My doctor said Im healing very well and actually gave me the green light for all activity, including sexual activity!!! Husband will be happy :0) but Im
a little nervous as I am just at the 4 week point.

I am still on medical leave till 10/29 so hopefully I will not be so fatigued when I go back to work. I have MS as well so fatigue is something I battled alot before surgery but the healing process has really wiped me out more than I anticipated. I had a c section and thought it was going to be more like that. This surgery is so much more involved.

He did have me tested for bladder infection as I have a lot of pressure and feel like I have to go all the time.... Said to drink lots of water in the meantime. Results will be back Monday. Im almost hoping I do have one as this pressure is uncomfortable and dont want to deal with this forever! Its hard enough to sleep without getting up several times during the night. Be nice if a dose of antibiotics would clear it up quickly.

For now I will not be put on any HRT. He wants to wait a couple of months and reevaluate at that time since I have not experienced hot flashes, etc.

It is wonderful to have all of you to talk with and hope you are all getting stronger each day. I am thankful that things have gone so well for me but I am praying for all of us to come through this ok. My heart goes out to those who have had setbacks or so much pain, etc.

Be good to yourselves....

Sue
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone
Went to see my doc today - seems my inflammed liver (caused by infection after op) isn't quite normal yet so had to go for more blood tests today
Asked doc about HRT she said because of my age (48) she wouldn't recommend it - because of health risks. Told her so far no hot flushes - she said they could still come but unless they were really bad and interferred with life - not to take HRT.
Doc has signed me off for three months (one month already taken) and if I want to go back to work sooner I have to get a release note from doc by law. Doc said after 6 wks to try and start doing more household jobs to strengthen muscles or they will become weak. Just waiting now to see Consultant in 2 wks time to find out biopsy report - as had cancer cells in womb.
Have a good day everyone - but don't overdo it
Beverly,

Sorry to hear you are having some complications. I know that has to be frustrating.
My doctor doesnt want me on HRT yet either. The whole hormone thing has me totally confused. He wants me to wait and see how I feel and discuss again at 2 month follow up. Fortunately I havent had hot flashes, or night sweats so maybe I will be ok. Guess time will tell.

Please take it easy and be good to yourself.

God Bless,

Sue
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:45 PM

Hi Sisters!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Well, I think I may have done a big boo-boo.... I had an "O" two days ago and have been feeling strange ever since. I've been hurting alittle more, cant pass gas as well I could before *TMI I know* and my discharge is still a brownish color. It weirding me out...

I go see the Doc tomorrow. I am active duty Navy and they only gave me 30 days of Sick leave (Convelescent leave).... And that runs out on Saturday. I am hoping she'll extend my leave. I'm not physically ready to return to work; which will be on Monday if I dont get extended. One thing I've noticed is that everyone is getting 6-8 wks of leave/rest and I only got 30 days.... Hmmm... military is strange sometimes... oh well. Cross your fingers that I can get more time to rest.

Been real moody these last couple of days too. I would be on my period right now and its strange not having one. I catch myself looking when I wipe to see when I am gonna start and its not there. I dunno if any of you have gone or going through that but I'm trying to get use to all of this still. Sometimes I think its all a dream.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register